The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The "What Console Should I Buy?" Thread
PostPosted: Wed October 24, 2018 1:21 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 43136
Location: Garbage Dump
Monkey_Driven wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Fuck. I think I’m gonna wind up buying an X this weekend. The GameStop trade-in deal is absurdly good.


Trading in the S? What's the deal?

$250 trade in credit, plus $100 off the X if you buy Red Dead.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The "What Console Should I Buy?" Thread
PostPosted: Wed October 24, 2018 1:22 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 19715
Location: Mizzou
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Fuck. I think I’m gonna wind up buying an X this weekend. The GameStop trade-in deal is absurdly good.


Trading in the S? What's the deal?

$250 trade in credit, plus $100 off the X if you buy Red Dead.


Yeah, that's a no brainer. Go for it. And get ready to play the greatest game of all time.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The "What Console Should I Buy?" Thread
PostPosted: Wed October 24, 2018 1:23 am 
Online
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 16105
Location: Cumberland, RI
Monkey_Driven wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Fuck. I think I’m gonna wind up buying an X this weekend. The GameStop trade-in deal is absurdly good.


Trading in the S? What's the deal?

$250 trade in credit, plus $100 off the X if you buy Red Dead.


Yeah, that's a no brainer. Go for it. And get ready to play the greatest game of all time.


Yeah but think of how poorly it'll age 20 years from now.

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
lol


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The "What Console Should I Buy?" Thread
PostPosted: Wed October 24, 2018 1:42 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 19715
Location: Mizzou
Simple Torture wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Fuck. I think I’m gonna wind up buying an X this weekend. The GameStop trade-in deal is absurdly good.


Trading in the S? What's the deal?

$250 trade in credit, plus $100 off the X if you buy Red Dead.


Yeah, that's a no brainer. Go for it. And get ready to play the greatest game of all time.


Yeah but think of how poorly it'll age 20 years from now.


Definitely not worth picking in a draft of any kind.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The "What Console Should I Buy?" Thread
PostPosted: Fri October 26, 2018 2:02 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 43136
Location: Garbage Dump
Transferred all my data to an external hard drive and reset my Xbox. Guess this is definitely happening now.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The "What Console Should I Buy?" Thread
PostPosted: Fri October 26, 2018 2:39 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 19715
Location: Mizzou
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Transferred all my data to an external hard drive and reset my Xbox. Guess this is definitely happening now.


Exciting!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The "What Console Should I Buy?" Thread
PostPosted: Fri October 26, 2018 2:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 43136
Location: Garbage Dump
Monkey_Driven wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Transferred all my data to an external hard drive and reset my Xbox. Guess this is definitely happening now.


Exciting!

Ugh. This is gonna be a loooooooong day at work.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The "What Console Should I Buy?" Thread
PostPosted: Fri October 26, 2018 2:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 27626
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Transferred all my data to an external hard drive and reset my Xbox. Guess this is definitely happening now.


Exciting!

Ugh. This is gonna be a loooooooong day at work.

RM is here for you


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The "What Console Should I Buy?" Thread
PostPosted: Fri October 26, 2018 3:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 19715
Location: Mizzou
You may be able to play something on Sunday by the time everything downloads/transfers.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The "What Console Should I Buy?" Thread
PostPosted: Fri October 26, 2018 3:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 43136
Location: Garbage Dump
Monkey_Driven wrote:
You may be able to play something on Sunday by the time everything downloads/transfers.

I’m not even gonna touch RDR until I finish Odyssey.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The "What Console Should I Buy?" Thread
PostPosted: Fri October 26, 2018 3:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 19715
Location: Mizzou
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
You may be able to play something on Sunday by the time everything downloads/transfers.

I’m not even gonna touch RDR until I finish Odyssey.


Good call.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The "What Console Should I Buy?" Thread
PostPosted: Sat October 27, 2018 12:34 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 43136
Location: Garbage Dump
The X is hooked up! I got the last black one in the store!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The "What Console Should I Buy?" Thread
PostPosted: Sat October 27, 2018 12:37 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 19715
Location: Mizzou
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
The X is hooked up! I got the last black one in the store!


Hotness.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The "What Console Should I Buy?" Thread
PostPosted: Sat October 27, 2018 12:43 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 27626
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
The X is hooked up! I got the last black one in the store!

racist


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The "What Console Should I Buy?" Thread
PostPosted: Thu June 06, 2019 4:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 27626
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
Is Google Stadia anything I should care about?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The "What Console Should I Buy?" Thread
PostPosted: Thu June 06, 2019 4:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 19715
Location: Mizzou
tragabigzanda wrote:
Is Google Stadia anything I should care about?


Not right now.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The "What Console Should I Buy?" Thread
PostPosted: Thu June 06, 2019 4:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 9397
Location: Washington State
I'm interested in it purely from the "turn it on and the games are there" aspect. Of course, I also have $100 of Google store credit so it's only $30 for me to jump in.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The "What Console Should I Buy?" Thread
PostPosted: Thu June 06, 2019 5:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 43136
Location: Garbage Dump
I’m pissed that Days Gone and Death Stranding are PS4 exclusives. The X has ruined PS4 for me so it’s hard to get excited about playing games on it. And I’m definitely not shelling out for a Pro.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The "What Console Should I Buy?" Thread
PostPosted: Thu June 06, 2019 5:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 19715
Location: Mizzou
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
I’m pissed that Days Gone and Death Stranding are PS4 exclusives. The X has ruined PS4 for me so it’s hard to get excited about playing games on it. And I’m definitely not shelling out for a Pro.


Wait until the PS5 where you can play them and more!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The "What Console Should I Buy?" Thread
PostPosted: Thu June 06, 2019 9:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 4:56 am
Posts: 344
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
I’m pissed that Days Gone and Death Stranding are PS4 exclusives. The X has ruined PS4 for me so it’s hard to get excited about playing games on it. And I’m definitely not shelling out for a Pro.

I have watched videos of Death Stranding and I have no idea still what the fuck that game is. Kojima has his loyal followers but I still don't get it.

Days Gone I haven't played yet but I've heard it's same old zombie game that drags on far too long. Not bad, but just decent.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sat August 17, 2019 9:26 pm