Switch to full style
Discuss your hatred for the Yankees here.
Post a reply

Re: 2017 NFL Season

Tue December 05, 2017 5:42 pm

We should make this day a national holiday! A day to be remembered and celebrated for all time immortal!

Tue December 05, 2017 6:43 pm

Strat wrote:
Bammer wrote:Burfict has had it coming since college. It's about time.

Strat. It's Case. Say it with me: "Case"

I know his name but is real full name is actually Casey. So, s my d.

When and where?

Also can I send Len to fill in for me?

Tue December 05, 2017 7:15 pm

My comment might have been a bit harsh, but I figured inappropriate shit talking fit right into the NFL thread.

I’m officially rooting for the Eagles since I’m also holdong out hope on a legendary 0-16 Browns season.

Tue December 05, 2017 7:57 pm

huh huh

dong

Wed December 06, 2017 3:09 am

Bammer wrote:
Strat wrote:
Bammer wrote:Burfict has had it coming since college. It's about time.

Strat. It's Case. Say it with me: "Case"

I know his name but is real full name is actually Casey. So, s my d.

When and where?

Also can I send Len to fill in for me?

Heavens, no. Bammer, i want you.

Thu December 07, 2017 2:31 am

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/mi ... spartanntp

I gotta say I agree with him pretty much 100%. There was a play years ago in an Eagles/Colts game, Manning led a WR over the middle, the WR lowered his head into the Eagles Safety waiting to make the tackle. 15 yards for helmet to helmet hit, on the EAGLE! The Eagle, who was in perfect tackling position. The league is a joke with all its constant rule changes and what not. Like Mitchell said, its a joke hes getting a fine for Andy Dalton throwing a bad pass (I actually didn't see the play hes talking about, but I still agree with it)

Thu December 07, 2017 2:45 am

they talk about lower ratings, etc

the game is just not enjoyable to follow anymore

the officiating involvement is endless

the quality of play is poor

players are constantly injured, backups on the field

the off-field ecosystem is miserable: lawsuits, injury updates, twitter arguments, commissioner making $40MM

who the fuck cares about this shit? i don't give a fuck about the endless legal interpretations. i want to see teams move the chains.

fuck all that shit

Thu December 07, 2017 2:49 am

96583UP wrote:they talk about lower ratings, etc

the game is just not enjoyable to follow anymore

the officiating involvement is endless

the quality of play is poor

players are constantly injured, backups on the field

the off-field ecosystem is miserable: lawsuits, injury updates, twitter arguments, commissioner making $40MM

who the fuck cares about this shit? i don't give a fuck about the endless legal interpretations. i want to see teams move the chains.

fuck all that shit

please calm down

Thu December 07, 2017 2:59 am

Thu December 07, 2017 3:08 am

shut up

Thu December 07, 2017 1:06 pm

Mike Mitchell was right on.

And the league just gave Roger 200 million.....

Thu December 07, 2017 3:19 pm

Electromatic wrote:Mike Mitchell was right on.

And the league just gave Roger 200 million.....

Yup. This was pretty great.

Unfortunately he pretty much explained why it's so hard to have detailed guidelines in football. A defender can do everything right before he leaves his feet, then the ballcarrier ducks his head at the last moment and it ends up being a nasty hit.

It sounds like a joke, but I think we're getting to the point were it may actually make more sense for QBs to have flags. Something like, within the tackles a QB is protected and a defender must pull the flags, then if you choose to leave the pocket/tackle box it's "game on."

Thu December 07, 2017 3:56 pm

Joe Thomas
(@joethomas73)
Tom Brady makes $20.5mm per year; @nflcommish makes $40mm per year. So does that mean that Roger Goodell is twice as valuable to the NFL and twice as hard to replace?

Thu December 07, 2017 5:11 pm

Electromatic wrote:
Joe Thomas
(@joethomas73)
Tom Brady makes $20.5mm per year; @nflcommish makes $40mm per year. So does that mean that Roger Goodell is twice as valuable to the NFL and twice as hard to replace?
It's not that farfetched of an argument. Without the commissioner securing TV deals no one else is getting any significant money. The question will be whether or not Goodell can succeed in the next round of extensions in about 5 years.

Thu December 07, 2017 6:58 pm

Green Habit wrote:
Electromatic wrote:
Joe Thomas
(@joethomas73)
It's not that farfetched of an argument. Without the commissioner securing TV deals no one else is getting any significant money. The question will be whether or not Goodell can succeed in the next round of extensions in about 5 years.

Difficult for me to believe he's the only lawyer in New York capable of negotiating a contract and they have a whole team of people like him responsible for the actual work, all he's really doing is presenting it to the owners to vote on and keeping them from being embarrassed by hilariously botching discipline decisions.

Pretty standard rich kid, expensive school, right place right time kind of life. Good work if you can position yourself for that job.

Fri December 08, 2017 2:24 am

Browns hire former Chiers GM John Dorsey to be their new GM. He's a pro at evaluating talent. But he sucks at contracts. The Browns will have an amazing draft this year (they have a ton of picks and the most available cap room) but Dorsey will make short work of that. And then the team will be upside down in three years.

Good luck, Browns!

Fri December 08, 2017 2:51 am

Wacky end to the half there.

Fri December 08, 2017 4:29 am

Deion freaking Jones!

Fri December 08, 2017 1:26 pm

Big win since I don't think the Saints will lose in New Orleans. Not the prettiest of games but fun to watch. A couple bad INTs from Matt Ryan but Deion Jones saved the night.

Fri December 08, 2017 3:09 pm

Biff Pocoroba wrote:Big win since I don't think the Saints will lose in New Orleans. Not the prettiest of games but fun to watch. A couple bad INTs from Matt Ryan but Deion Jones saved the night.

Incredibly fortunate to come out of that with a win.
Post a reply