The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 109  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: 2017 NFL Season
PostPosted: Mon December 11, 2017 1:30 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 13311
Location: Cumberland, RI
spike wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Wentz, man.

Quote:
The Eagles believe Carson Wentz's season is over after the quarterback suffered an ACL injury in his knee during Philadelphia's 43-35 win over the Los Angeles Rams, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported.


Yeah, this sucks. He's been near-appointnent viewing this year--I've probably watched 3-4 Eagles games, which are 2-3 more than most years. They would've faced some tough playoff matchups with Wentz anyways, but this is just lousy for entertainment purposes.

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
A+


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017 NFL Season
PostPosted: Mon December 11, 2017 1:30 am 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 6:49 pm
Posts: 2757
Simple Torture wrote:
Wentz, man.



Damn. That sucks.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017 NFL Season
PostPosted: Mon December 11, 2017 1:32 am 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 7214
and the NFL's one 2017 bright spot dims to dark

_________________
Pollster Rights for All


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017 NFL Season
PostPosted: Mon December 11, 2017 2:15 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 7:12 am
Posts: 1425
Location: The Jungle
Ugh, its just so hard being an Eagles fan, all those years with McNabb it was always something that tripped them up. This team really felt like a team that could win it all.

that being said, at least they have Nick Foles for a backup. He's been alright as a starter in his career including a 7 TD game.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017 NFL Season
PostPosted: Mon December 11, 2017 2:25 am 
Offline
User avatar
Site Admin
 Profile

Joined: Wed December 12, 2012 10:33 pm
Posts: 5532
MadTIGERmaN wrote:
He's been alright as a starter in his career including a 7 TD game.
One of my favorite NFL performances ever. Joey can back me up on this one.



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017 NFL Season
PostPosted: Mon December 11, 2017 2:38 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 7:12 am
Posts: 1425
Location: The Jungle
Green Habit wrote:
MadTIGERmaN wrote:
He's been alright as a starter in his career including a 7 TD game.
One of my favorite NFL performances ever. Joey can back me up on this one.




Funny thing, I had Manning that year (who had a 7 TD game week 1) as my fantasy starter, and Foles as a back up. Foles missed a game or two? and that game against the Raiders came on Mannings bye week. BUT, Stupid me, made a trade to get Flaco who had the Browns that week. Flaco, and the Ravens sucked, Foles tosses a 7 TD game, and I lost the total points because of that. Still won the head to head title. So, this year my teams rolling again with Wentz, legit shot at total points, heres your chance at redemption Foles :D Fly Eagles FLY


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017 NFL Season
PostPosted: Mon December 11, 2017 5:53 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Posts: 5028
MadTIGERmaN wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
MadTIGERmaN wrote:
He's been alright as a starter in his career including a 7 TD game.
One of my favorite NFL performances ever. Joey can back me up on this one.




Funny thing, I had Manning that year (who had a 7 TD game week 1) as my fantasy starter, and Foles as a back up. Foles missed a game or two? and that game against the Raiders came on Mannings bye week. BUT, Stupid me, made a trade to get Flaco who had the Browns that week. Flaco, and the Ravens sucked, Foles tosses a 7 TD game, and I lost the total points because of that. Still won the head to head title. So, this year my teams rolling again with Wentz, legit shot at total points, heres your chance at redemption Foles :D Fly Eagles FLY


:cop:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1647

_________________
Red Mosquito: Come for the Pearl Jam discussion, stay for the rampant homosexual innuendo.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017 NFL Season
PostPosted: Mon December 11, 2017 5:56 am 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 63380
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Some of you will understand what I mean when I say... there is no better feeling than beating the Raiders.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017 NFL Season
PostPosted: Mon December 11, 2017 1:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:08 pm
Posts: 4550
Location: 5th floor, Bay 8, position 5851
Did you see the perfectly legal hit on Houston's Tom Savage? Football as we know may start looking a lot different sooner than we all expect.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017 NFL Season
PostPosted: Mon December 11, 2017 4:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 63380
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Biff Pocoroba wrote:
Did you see the perfectly legal hit on Houston's Tom Savage? Football as we know may start looking a lot different sooner than we all expect.

I've never seen a human seize like that after a hit. That was scary.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017 NFL Season
PostPosted: Mon December 11, 2017 4:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Site Admin
 Profile

Joined: Wed December 12, 2012 10:33 pm
Posts: 5532
durdencommatyler wrote:
Some of you will understand what I mean when I say... there is no better feeling than beating the Raiders.
A close runner up is when players have historic games against the Raiders. I showed Nick Foles above, and another great one was Doug Martin.



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017 NFL Season
PostPosted: Mon December 11, 2017 4:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 63380
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Green Habit wrote:
MadTIGERmaN wrote:
He's been alright as a starter in his career including a 7 TD game.
One of my favorite NFL performances ever. Joey can back me up on this one.


I could watch this all day. One of my favorite games that the Chiefs didn't play in. :heartbeat:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017 NFL Season
PostPosted: Tue December 12, 2017 4:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Thu December 20, 2012 4:45 pm
Posts: 3094
So Miami is still good for its biennial victory over the Patriots. Hopefully this one has the same effect as the 2015 version.

_________________
"I want to see the whole picture--as nearly as I can. I don't want to put on the blinders of 'good and bad,' and limit my vision."-- In Dubious Battle



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017 NFL Season
PostPosted: Tue December 12, 2017 4:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 13311
Location: Cumberland, RI
Best pass Brady threw Monday:


_________________
McParadigm wrote:
A+


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017 NFL Season
PostPosted: Wed December 13, 2017 1:56 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 8:08 pm
Posts: 1979
96583UP wrote:
and the NFL's one 2017 bright spot dims to dark


I have enjoyed the Rams ascendancy and the Jaguars possibly having a historically great passing defense as well, but it's not like I was rooting for Wentz in the first place. I have to admit he was looking like a possible MVP candidate though.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017 NFL Season
PostPosted: Wed December 13, 2017 3:58 am 
Offline
User avatar
Gym Leader
 Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 7:17 pm
Posts: 11345
oh hi aaron


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017 NFL Season
PostPosted: Wed December 13, 2017 9:10 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:18 am
Posts: 17724
Mecca wrote:
oh hi aaron

aw yissss


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017 NFL Season
PostPosted: Wed December 13, 2017 12:04 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 6:49 pm
Posts: 2757
Orpheus wrote:
96583UP wrote:
and the NFL's one 2017 bright spot dims to dark


I have enjoyed the Rams ascendancy and the Jaguars possibly having a historically great passing defense as well, but it's not like I was rooting for Wentz in the first place. I have to admit he was looking like a possible MVP candidate though.



Vikings too.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017 NFL Season
PostPosted: Wed December 13, 2017 2:38 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 6:49 pm
Posts: 2757
spike wrote:
Mecca wrote:
oh hi aaron

aw yissss


Go Pack Go this week.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017 NFL Season
PostPosted: Wed December 13, 2017 3:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 63380
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Do you guys think if smaller market teams with lesser known "star" players (teams like the Chiefs or the Jags) being in the AFC Championship and/or Super Bowl hurts or helps the league at this point?

I mean, does the larger football fan base actually want to see these smaller teams succeed? Is that fun? Or do we need Brady or Big Ben to keep things exciting and ratings up?


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 109  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Mon June 18, 2018 7:31 am