The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 109  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2017 NFL Season
PostPosted: Sat November 04, 2017 12:54 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

BurtReynolds wrote:
I guess the saints hate him too for banning the coach that year. Maybe he'll be gone.

oh yeah, forgot about that one too.

with all that banning experience he could apply for a job as an RMod tho

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Sat November 04, 2017 1:08 am 
Rank This Poster

[quote="PHATJ"]Saying that the idea that people aren't watching because of politics is patently absurd is actually absurd. I am aware of several people that have quite watching because of politics. One being a 10+ years season ticket holder. And I admit that my interest in the NFL has definitely decreased due to the political stuff, although I'm still watching Vikings games when I can.[/quote]

Sorry, generalization. I’m mainly speaking about ratings.

Kneeling for the anthem as a sign of protest is not really very inflammatory. It’s made up controversy as opposed to the Ray Rice incident that was awful. In this case lots of people are yelling about different ideas.

League ratings have been abnormally high for several years. Gambling/Fantasy is a big reason but that is waning. The quality of football, along with long drawn out mostly self inflicted mistakes from the front offices and owners is driving the casual fan away but if it were really compelling people would watch.

Brady vs Manning isn’t available. No Farve etc. half the league is hurt at QB. It’s just bad football moreso than politics.

The Zeke story is hullabaloo over nothing (no substance) so was deflate gate. All the storylines are injuries or politics and that’s bad. Kaepernick has received way way more attention than was ever deserved. He’s always rubbed people the wrong way since he’s been in the league and once it became 24/7 news people had to join a side.

Pro Football isn’t football now and that has killed the golden goose.

All of this is nipped in the bud if anyone in power had a modicum of humility.

No one is paying NFL prices to watch Matt McGloin.

PostPosted: Sat November 04, 2017 1:26 am 
Rank This Poster

But yeah man CTE is a legitimate gripe too.

I completely understand that viewpoint

And Cam press Conferences...

PostPosted: Sat November 04, 2017 3:42 am 
AnalLog

Ya ask me, I'd say a lot of fans were getting tired with the Sunday ritual and just didn't realize it. Even better is Papa Johns owner saying the protests are hurting his pizza sales :haha:

I dont know how Kaep plans on proving he was black listed, but it sure looks like it to me and most everyone i know.

PostPosted: Sat November 04, 2017 6:17 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Why would any owner bring him on their team? There is no conceivable reason to.

He's a backup QB with huge baggage and who would almost certainly cause cancelled tickets and lower ratings.

This doesn't take a conspiracy.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Sat November 04, 2017 11:11 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

I think there's a really good chance that 32 teams each individually chose not to sign Kaepernick. But if his legal team can find one stray email between teams, or between one team and the league, that could be enough to build his case.

PostPosted: Sat November 04, 2017 1:45 pm 
AnalLog

BurtReynolds wrote:
Why would any owner bring him on their team? There is no conceivable reason to.

He's a backup QB with huge baggage and who would almost certainly cause cancelled tickets and lower ratings.

This doesn't take a conspiracy.

Hes arguably better than a few starters and definitely better than probably half of the backups.
The Owner who signs him could stand up and say "you know what, Kaep has a point with his issue, and I'm going to do something about it" which, could offset the lost tickets.
Hell, that might even get Kaep to stand for the National Anthem next to said owner.

The whole issue is just a smoke screen for the real problems the NFL was facing, which a few people have already pointed out.
Games lasting close to 4 hours now is just a waste of time to me. The quality of play has been horrible for years (especially on special teams). The constant rule changes that no one (players, coaches, officials, and most importantly FANS) dont understand. Its a joke that they still dont have a clear definition of what a catch is/isnt.

The National Anthem protest, is a non football related issue, thats turned into a smoke screen for the NFL to hide behind, as they know a large portion of their WHITE customer base does not agree with it.

PostPosted: Sat November 04, 2017 10:48 pm 
AnalLog

The idea that Kaepernick isn't worthy of being a starter in this league is bullshit. And honestly, his bigger problem than the kneeling is the pig socks and his comments about Castro. Those two things are a much bigger reason why he's unsigned IMO.

I'm not even really a fan of the guy or his style, but he's not nearly as bad as most of his detractors say. He's had nothing around him on offense for the most part, and even with the hot garbage he was working with last year he still had a 4-1 TD/INT ratio.

Objectively, he's better than McCown, Flacco, Bortles, Cutler, Dalton, anyone Denver has, anyone Minnesota has, anyone San Francisco has, and anyone Arizona has (and that includes the injured old fart Palmer). And I could reasonably argue he'd be better than Dak Prescott if you give him those weapons on offense. And Houston especially should be signing him rather than flushing their season down the toilet with Tom frigging Savage.

If only he had beaten the shit out of a woman or a kid, he'd be back in the league starting for someone right now.

PostPosted: Sat November 04, 2017 11:31 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

He's not so good that he's gonna turn any of these teams around. At best he's a band aid.

None of these things change the fact that his presence on any team will be detrimental to their bottom line.

He's radioactive, and every owner knows it.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Sat November 04, 2017 11:34 pm 
The Master

BurtReynolds wrote:
He's not so good that he's gonna turn any of these teams around. At best he's a band aid.

None of these things change the fact that his presence on any team will be detrimental to their bottom line.

He's radioactive, and every owner knows it.

The viking don't need to be turned around. 6-2 baby!

PostPosted: Sun November 05, 2017 12:35 am 
10Club Complaint Department

MattA75 wrote:
The idea that Kaepernick isn't worthy of being a starter in this league is bullshit. And honestly, his bigger problem than the kneeling is the pig socks and his comments about Castro. Those two things are a much bigger reason why he's unsigned IMO.

I'm not even really a fan of the guy or his style, but he's not nearly as bad as most of his detractors say. He's had nothing around him on offense for the most part, and even with the hot garbage he was working with last year he still had a 4-1 TD/INT ratio.

Objectively, he's better than McCown, Flacco, Bortles, Cutler, Dalton, anyone Denver has, anyone Minnesota has, anyone San Francisco has, and anyone Arizona has (and that includes the injured old fart Palmer). And I could reasonably argue he'd be better than Dak Prescott if you give him those weapons on offense. And Houston especially should be signing him rather than flushing their season down the toilet with Tom frigging Savage.

If only he had beaten the shit out of a woman or a kid, he'd be back in the league starting for someone right now.

Kaepernick isn’t nearly as good as you just made him out to be. I think most of what you just said is patently untrue. And your last sentence is nonsense. Ever heard of Ray Rice?

PostPosted: Sun November 05, 2017 5:20 am 
AnalLog

PHATJ wrote:
MattA75 wrote:

Kaepernick isn’t nearly as good as you just made him out to be. I think most of what you just said is patently untrue. And your last sentence is nonsense. Ever heard of Ray Rice?

No shit his record sucks, the 49ers are hot garbage, only the Browns are worse. His best WR last year was Torrey Smith, who I believe is what, #4 in Philly this year?

Yeah I've heard of Ray Rice...I'll see you Ray Rice and raise you Adrian Peterson, Terrell Suggs, Pacman Jones, Brandon Marshall, Ray Lewis, James Harrison, the Pouncey brothers, and while it only lasted one season, Greg? Hardy. And I'm sure there's about a hundred others over the past 10-15 years I could probably find.

I don't think Kaepernick is great...I think that outside of the top 12-15 guys, it's a jumbled mess and you can make an argument that with a halfway decent team around him (like say, Houston or Denver), he could be a reasonably successful QB. Hell, Zombie Peyton Manning won a Super Bowl doing less than jack shit 2 years ago. This isn't just about him kneeling...it's about the other issues that came with it (like I said, the pig socks, the Castro comments, probably his psycho girlfriend too). Hell, without the Castro comments he very well may have been the guy Miami signed when Tannehill went down.

I get why he's not signed...it'd be a lot of bullshit to weather...I just think it's ridiculous that a guy who knelt for the national anthem is considered a bigger issue among football fans than guys who pour bleach or use switches on their kids.

PostPosted: Sun November 05, 2017 8:38 pm 
TIER 1 Essential Critical Infrastructure Worker

I don't think I have ever seen Julio Jones drop such as an easy touchdown.

PostPosted: Sun November 05, 2017 9:15 pm 
Rank This Poster

Biff Pocoroba wrote:
I don't think I have ever seen Julio Jones drop such as an easy touchdown.

The Falcons are a shitty, poorly coached tub of goo. If they can fuck it up, they will.

PostPosted: Mon November 06, 2017 12:37 am 
Future Drummer

PHATJ wrote:

It's convenient that you completely ignore the context of the 49ers roster completely imploding over those two seasons. Now they are probably the worst roster in the league.

A team Kaepernick would have made absolute sense for is the Jaguars, who are 5-3 with Bortles being actively hidden at the most important position in the game. The last time Kaepernick played with a comparable roster and a comparable scheme, the 49ers went to the Super Bowl. Acting like this is about football ability is 100% disingenuous.

PostPosted: Mon November 06, 2017 2:28 am 
A Return To Form

Go, Eagles.

PostPosted: Mon November 06, 2017 2:42 am 
AnalLog

Meddle wrote:
Go, Eagles.

Fly Eagles Fly! If they could just tighten up that defense. LOOK OUT!

PostPosted: Mon November 06, 2017 3:22 am 
A Return To Form

MadTIGERmaN wrote:
Meddle wrote:
Go, Eagles.

Fly Eagles Fly! If they could just tighten up that defense. LOOK OUT!

Their schedule is about to get tougher. We'll see how good they really are. The defense looked good today, though.

PostPosted: Mon November 06, 2017 3:24 am 
Future Drummer

Eagles and Rams have to be pretty stoked with how their teams are coming together. Both look pretty tough to beat at this point. I'm just glad the Cowboys beat the Chiefs so we could stay in it in our division. Eagles are gonna make it tough to be anything but the wild card.

PostPosted: Mon November 06, 2017 3:39 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Man, this bye week is coming at the perfect time for Chiefs. They're looking so tired and sloppy and unfocused. There are some minor health issues, too. Hopefully a week off to recharge and regroup and then a match up against a team like the Giants will get them back on track.

I'm not worried. They're fine. But they looked like complete dog ass yesterday.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 109  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports