The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 109  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2017 NFL Season
PostPosted: Wed December 13, 2017 3:38 pm 
The Master

durdencommatyler wrote:
Do you guys think if smaller market teams with lesser known "star" players (teams like the Chiefs or the Jags) being in the AFC Championship and/or Super Bowl hurts or helps the league at this point?

I mean, does the larger football fan base actually want to see these smaller teams succeed? Is that fun? Or do we need Brady or Big Ben to keep things exciting and ratings up?

I think people like a good story and will take it in whichever form it comes.

There needs to be an intriguing thread for many to follow. "Brady about to make history...." "browns go winless yet somehow make it to the super bowl!" "chiefs upset and ride all the way to the big game against the Vikings - the first team to have home field advantage in the super bowl!"

PostPosted: Wed December 13, 2017 3:45 pm 
The Master

A qucik glance of super bowl ratings over the last 15 years says that two of the lowest watched super bowls were with the Patriots. Which is weird. However, they also had the highest rating against the seahawks.

There's no method to the madness maybe. Or someone with a better understanding would have a better answer here.

PostPosted: Wed December 13, 2017 3:53 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

I'm just tired of seeing the same teams all the time. I think I'd be more excited for a Jags v Vikings Super Bowl than a Pats or Steelers v Seahawks. But I have no idea if others share that or not.

For my own personal reasons I'm rooting for a Chiefs v Eagles Super Bowl. High drama with Andy Reid and all that. Second would be a Chiefs v Vikings Super Bowl because I like the poetry of that (since they've met in the SB before). Beyond that, I'm really pulling for anyone in the AFC that isn't Pats or Steelers.

I do love the Vikes this year, though. They've got a real shot at this thing. If they make it to the dance (and aren't playing against the Chiefs) I'll absolutely been team Vikings.

PostPosted: Wed December 13, 2017 3:56 pm 
The Master

durdencommatyler wrote:
I'm just tired of seeing the same teams all the time. I think I'd be more excited for a Jags v Vikings Super Bowl than a Pats or Steelers v Seahawks. But I have no idea if others share that or not.

For my own personal reasons I'm rooting for a Chiefs v Eagles Super Bowl. High drama with Andy Reid and all that. Second would be a Chiefs v Vikings Super Bowl because I like the poetry of that (since they've met in the SB before). Beyond that, I'm really pulling for anyone in the AFC that isn't Pats or Steelers.

I do love the Vikes this year, though. They've got a real shot at this thing. If they make it to the dance (and aren't playing against the Chiefs) I'll absolutely been team Vikings.

Im tired of the same teams as well. Big market, and big money gets championships in almost every sport. Its not really exciting for me anymore.

Though, last years Super Bowl was an incredible watch.

PostPosted: Wed December 13, 2017 3:57 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Strat wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Im tired of the same teams as well. Big market, and big money gets championships in almost every sport. Its not really exciting for me anymore.

Last year's SB played out exactly as I predicted. Almost to the play. It was so weird.

PostPosted: Wed December 13, 2017 4:42 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

durdencommatyler wrote:
Strat wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Last year's SB played out exactly as I predicted. Almost to the play. It was so weird.

?

durdencommatyler wrote:
Patriots 49
Falcons 31

Final score will make the game look closer than it ever really was.

viewtopic.php?p=879465#p879465

??

durdencommatyler wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Patriots 49
Falcons 31

Final score will make the game look closer than it ever really was.

unless it's fluky i don't see the pats putting up that many points

Most people don't. But I also think Vegas is usually right about high scoring games. They have a large over under. And I don't see the Falcons competing. So those points have to come from somewhere.

viewtopic.php?p=879477#p879477

???

durdencommatyler wrote:
Electromatic wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Electromatic wrote:
4/5 wrote:
Pats 19
Falcons 6

The Falcons are averaging 34 points a game 4/5.

I personally find it hilarious that people don't think the Falcons will compete.

Hey man, I have them putting up 31!

Yeah but you've got the pats scoring 49.... which would be... garbage time points....

looking forward to Sunday.

Here's the thing. I don't think the game will be very close. Not really. I think the score will ultimately reflect a closer game than it really was. The Falcons like to score. So The Patriots will HAVE to score MORE. That's all. I don't think it'll be garbage time for the Pats. However, I won't be surprised if the Falcons score 10 or 14 points in garbage time.

viewtopic.php?p=879492#p879492

PostPosted: Wed December 13, 2017 4:48 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

I'm talking about once the game started. Basically, what I'm trying to say is once Atlanta jumped out to a lead I knew it was going to be all Atlanta, then a lull and then a Patriot victory.

But let's be absolutely clear, I'm not patting myself on the back here. I'm not saying I'm some sort of profit. My takes are garbage most of the time. But I was constantly texting with a Pats fan mid-panic attack and everything I said to calm them down basically played out in real time. But that doesn't make me a genius. I've just been beaten (as a Chiefs fan) too many times to have much optimism in big game situations like the Super Bowl. Especially against Tom fucking Brady.

PostPosted: Wed December 13, 2017 8:11 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Joey, feel free to break out the receipts on me when the Chefs win the division this year.

PostPosted: Wed December 13, 2017 8:21 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Simple Torture wrote:
Joey, feel free to break out the receipts on me when the Chefs win the division this year.

I would never. I'm not much of a "break out the receipts" kinda guy. Besides, it won't matter. As soon as we run into Pittsburgh or New England it's over. It's hard to shit talk when your team can't win in the playoffs.

PostPosted: Wed December 13, 2017 9:11 pm 
Site Admin

durdencommatyler wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

I would never. I'm not much of a "break out the receipts" kinda guy. Besides, it won't matter. As soon as we run into Pittsburgh or New England it's over. It's hard to shit talk when your team can't win in the playoffs.
Since the Broncos can't win it ( :cry: ) I'll be disappointed if the Chiefs don't either, because fuck the Raiders, and it means I'll have to eat some heavy crow on the Chargers.

PostPosted: Wed December 13, 2017 9:48 pm 
Rank This Poster

I’m cool for the chiefs to be in that game and play the jags. Always enjoy watching Telvin Smith.

PostPosted: Thu December 14, 2017 2:04 am 
AnalLog

Chiefs / Eagles would be a fun match up. Andy vs his former team. Foles leading the team all the way. They already have played in a SB against each other forever ago (so youd get all the flash backs to that SB)

PostPosted: Thu December 14, 2017 2:45 am 
Site Admin

MadTIGERmaN wrote:
They already have played in a SB against each other forever ago (so youd get all the flash backs to that SB)
Who is "they", and which Super Bowl are you referring to?

PostPosted: Thu December 14, 2017 3:00 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

i hope it's Falcons v. Patriots again somehow

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Thu December 14, 2017 3:58 am 
AnalLog

Green Habit wrote:
MadTIGERmaN wrote:
They already have played in a SB against each other forever ago (so youd get all the flash backs to that SB)
Who is "they", and which Super Bowl are you referring to?

Doh, ya got me, that's right it was Raiders / Eagles, but it was Vermeil coaching the Eagles, who then went on to coach the Chiefs, and in 2003 that was the big talk, that Vermeil and the Chiefs would be facing the team he took to the Super Bowl.

PostPosted: Thu December 14, 2017 5:15 am 
Future Drummer

durdencommatyler wrote:
Do you guys think if smaller market teams with lesser known "star" players (teams like the Chiefs or the Jags) being in the AFC Championship and/or Super Bowl hurts or helps the league at this point?

I mean, does the larger football fan base actually want to see these smaller teams succeed? Is that fun? Or do we need Brady or Big Ben to keep things exciting and ratings up?

I definitely prefer the upstart teams. Would love to see the Jags (their defense is seriously disgusting, y'all) vs. the Rams or Vikings if the Cowboys don't get there (which they won't). Jags beating the Pats in the AFC and putting Brady in the dirt 5+ times is my dream scenario.

PostPosted: Thu December 14, 2017 1:52 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Orpheus wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

I definitely prefer the upstart teams. Would love to see the Jags (their defense is seriously disgusting, y'all) vs. the Rams or Vikings if the Cowboys don't get there (which they won't). Jags beating the Pats in the AFC and putting Brady in the dirt 5+ times is my dream scenario.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

If it's not Chiefs or Jags, I'm all in on the NFC team this year.

PostPosted: Thu December 14, 2017 4:02 pm 
Polluted

Well, screw you guys.

PostPosted: Thu December 14, 2017 4:31 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Self wrote:
Well, screw you guys.

I'm pulling for ol Tom to get another ring

PostPosted: Thu December 14, 2017 4:31 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Self wrote:
Well, screw you guys.

I'm pulling for ol Tom to get another ring

Yeah, that guy deserves a break.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 109  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports