The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 105, 106, 107, 108, 109  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2017 NFL Season
PostPosted: Mon February 05, 2018 1:20 pm 
Champion of RM

Jammer XCI wrote:
The Eagles should keep Nick Foles as starter too, Carson Wentz is great, but Nick proved his worth tonight for sure.

Definitely not. I'm sure someone will offer a 2nd or 3rd round pick for Foles. But I think the Eagles will keep him since Wentz and Foles seem to have a good relationship and his presence won't cause a distraction.

PostPosted: Mon February 05, 2018 1:32 pm 
AnalLog

CopperTom wrote:
Jammer XCI wrote:
The Eagles should keep Nick Foles as starter too, Carson Wentz is great, but Nick proved his worth tonight for sure.

Definitely not. I'm sure someone will offer a 2nd or 3rd round pick for Foles. But I think the Eagles will keep him since Wentz and Foles seem to have a good relationship and his presence won't cause a distraction.

I'd love to see him return as their backup, but if someone offers you a boat load of picks you almost have to make that move. And this being the NFL, I'd be shocked if someones not already calling them saying hey, whats it gonna take to get Foles.

Lets not forget, his first year as a starter, he was really really good. Then Chip Kelly started to dismantle the team around him and he regressed. Then Kelly shipped him off to the Rams who gave up on him before they even gave him a chance. At this point I don't think anyone has any idea what kind of QB Foles would be if given another chance as a starter. I know hes no where near Wentz talent wise, but hes also a Super Bowl MVP so, who knows.

PostPosted: Mon February 05, 2018 2:18 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

CopperTom wrote:
Jammer XCI wrote:

They should call the Browns. I'm sure those idiots would overpay for him.

PostPosted: Mon February 05, 2018 3:10 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Wentz may not even be back by the start of the season. There is only one more year left on Foles' contract. No way they are trading him this year.

PostPosted: Mon February 05, 2018 3:47 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

jimmymac is alive and well and not in the pokey

PostPosted: Mon February 05, 2018 5:22 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Electromatic wrote:
spike wrote:
PI on the Pats on 3rd and goal, preventing a TD. Let's count how many calls go their way.

(The answer is all of them)

Sterratore. Everything else is implied.

Honest to God thought they said Skeletor.

PostPosted: Mon February 05, 2018 5:28 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

BDB wrote:
collinsworth is the absolute worst. the guy is just insufferable.

I don't watch football and I couldn't believe how badly he was on Tom's jock. Like, just go blow the dude already, get it over with.

PostPosted: Mon February 05, 2018 6:30 pm 
See you in another life, brother

bune wrote:
BDB wrote:

I don't watch football and I couldn't believe how badly he was on Tom's jock. Like, just go blow the dude already, get it over with.

He was, but I'm willing to forgive this even though I hate Brady and found it annoying. Commentators generally fawn over greatness. Kinda comes with the territory. But he was insufferable last night. Opining about how fresh the Eagles defense was in the 3rd quarter when the Patriots had about 450 yards already was absurd, and his takes on both of the Eagles supposedly controversial TD's were absolutely brutal. Especially the second one. Anybody who took a shot every time he said "RPO" would probably be dead right now.

PostPosted: Mon February 05, 2018 6:35 pm 
Gone

Why is it so hard to find guys who aren't incredibly annoying to call the games?

PostPosted: Mon February 05, 2018 7:38 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

"It's going to be weird near the end of May when the screen goes blank for over 18 hours."

:haha:

(the alt text is the funnier part)

PostPosted: Mon February 05, 2018 10:50 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

2 things

Sorry Justin..you'll be fine

I can't imagine jim nantz and collingsworth calling a pats game together..id probably kill myself

PostPosted: Tue February 06, 2018 1:03 am 
Future Drummer

Last positive thing I will say about the Eagles: huge, huge kudos to Doug Pederson for being so incredibly aggressive. Hopefully this knocks John Fox-esque shitty turtle ball out of the league forever. This was an incredible game for the advancement of how people play football.

PostPosted: Tue February 06, 2018 1:38 am 
AnalLog

4/5 wrote:
bune wrote:
BDB wrote:

He was, but I'm willing to forgive this even though I hate Brady and found it annoying. Commentators generally fawn over greatness. Kinda comes with the territory. But he was insufferable last night. Opining about how fresh the Eagles defense was in the 3rd quarter when the Patriots had about 450 yards already was absurd, and his takes on both of the Eagles supposedly controversial TD's were absolutely brutal. Especially the second one. Anybody who took a shot every time he said "RPO" would probably be dead right now.

I'm guessing the RPO thing is what Philly calls them, so, whomever does the game calls it, because I've heard that term a lot all season. So I'm guessing its just something they pick up in their meetings with the teams before the game.

verb_to_trust wrote:
Why is it so hard to find guys who aren't incredibly annoying to call the games?

right? MLB has a ton of good announce teams for TV and Radio (yet stupid Joe Buck still does the World Series)
but the NFL, man they just have a ton of horrible announcers on all the networks. ALMOST makes me miss the days of John Lennon and his boom whack and then he bam, replays.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... 306471002/

#52 should have been - "How cool that Brian Dawkins, No. 20, was the headliner of the Canton class revealed before Super Bowl LII, featuring his long time team" Who cares that Ray Lewis wore #52 and it was S.B. 52?

PostPosted: Tue February 06, 2018 4:53 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

I guess maybe there is such a thing as a reverse jinx. Sorry Pats fans. This one might be my fault. But I genuinely thought there was zero way they'd lose.

Of course I'd forgotten that Gene Steratore was calling the game.

PostPosted: Tue February 06, 2018 4:54 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Congrats, Eagles fans!

PostPosted: Tue February 06, 2018 4:58 pm 
The Master

Orpheus wrote:
Last positive thing I will say about the Eagles: huge, huge kudos to Doug Pederson for being so incredibly aggressive. Hopefully this knocks John Fox-esque shitty turtle ball out of the league forever. This was an incredible game for the advancement of how people play football.

Absolutely. Calculated risks are the way to go. Hope other teams/coaches follow suit.

PostPosted: Tue February 06, 2018 5:09 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Orpheus wrote:

Absolutely. Calculated risks are the way to go. Hope other teams/coaches follow suit.

Yep. Breaks my heart that Pederson isn't the Chiefs' Head Coach.

PostPosted: Tue February 06, 2018 9:33 pm 
Rank This Poster

Local radio guys today were saying that Foles purportedly has a dick like a Belgian plow horse and has been anointed Big Dick Nick and Footlong Foles by other players. Too bad he's too Jesusy for it to matter.

PostPosted: Tue February 06, 2018 9:33 pm 
Rank This Poster

Local radio guys today were saying that Foles purportedly has a dick like a Belgian plow horse and has been anointed Big Dick Nick and Footlong Foles by other players. Too bad he's too Jesusy for it to matter.

PostPosted: Tue February 06, 2018 9:55 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 105, 106, 107, 108, 109  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports