The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90 ... 109  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2017 NFL Season
PostPosted: Mon January 15, 2018 4:03 am 
Looks Like a Cat

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
f*ck texas

I will lasso you.

PostPosted: Mon January 15, 2018 4:12 am 
The Master

washing machine wrote:
f*ck texas

I will lasso you.

bet u don't even know how

PostPosted: Mon January 15, 2018 4:22 am 
Looks Like a Cat

washing machine wrote:
f*ck texas

I will lasso you.

you’re right I sure don’t

PostPosted: Mon January 15, 2018 4:25 am 
The Master

washing machine wrote:
washing machine wrote:
f*ck texas

I will lasso you.

you’re right I sure don’t

boom snapped

PostPosted: Mon January 15, 2018 7:05 am 
for those who
are not...shall be

Psyched for phatj and his team. Miracle$ !
My team gave middle finger to heaven

PostPosted: Mon January 15, 2018 3:16 pm 
The Master

I’ve watched the replay a million times.

Waking up still in shock and tears of joy.

Let’s skol crazy !

PostPosted: Mon January 15, 2018 3:27 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Last week I was right about every game but the one I cared about the most. This week I was wrong about every game but one and I couldn't be more thrilled.

I was busy all weekend and wasn't able to watch any of the games. But I just watched 20 mins of highlights from the Vikings/Saints showdown and holy shit! That was fucking incredible. Congratulations Vikings fans.

The NFC gets the Championship game it deserves. The two best teams made it.

Congrats Jags fans, too. That's gotta feel good. The Steelers just know how to beat the shit out of the Chiefs, and as such, have become a bit of a non-conference rival to me. Happy as shit to see them taken down. Thank you Jacksonville.

I know the Patriots are Super Bowl bound but I'd love nothing more than to see Jacksonville upset and make it to the dance.

PostPosted: Mon January 15, 2018 4:22 pm 
Rank This Poster

Strat wrote:
I’ve watched the replay a million times.

Waking up still in shock and tears of joy.

Let’s skol crazy !

Sooooo much better than TLJ!

PostPosted: Mon January 15, 2018 6:10 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Official Picks:

Patriots over Jaguars
Vikings over Eagles

Rooting for Jags and Vikes. I'd love to see both in the Super Bowl. Two stalwart defenses pounding it out? Please and thank you.

PostPosted: Mon January 15, 2018 6:34 pm 
The Master

https://deadspin.com/holy-fucking-shit- ... 1822084873

I scared the shit out of my kids. They had already been subjected to three hours of me clapping and yelling and screaming at the TV, bearing witness to an utterly deranged side of their father that they almost certainly would have preferred to never learn about. I sat. I stood. I paced. No position felt comfortable. We were in the same basement where I watched Blair Walsh shank a 27-yarder against Seattle, a game that made me literally collapse to the ground in agony at the end. Now the Vikings were on the verge of blowing a 17-point lead to Drew Brees for another awful home playoff loss. Their final drive began with a false start and I was like AW FUCK HERE WE FUCKING GO AGAIN, ANOTHER STEAMING PLATE OF DOGSHIT.

My eight-year-old looked me dead in the eye and told me, with all seriousness, that I needed to calm down. But I couldn’t. Now there were 10 seconds left on the clock and I was standing there, palms together, praying for the kind of football miracle that never, ever happens for the Minnesota Vikings.

And then, it did. I still can’t believe it. I fully expected to wake up this morning to learn that the NFL retroactively called holding on Stefon Diggs’s game-winning 61-yard catch and run, because that’s a much more Vikings thing to happen. But no…no, apparently what I saw was real. I was just hoping Case Keenum could hit a long sideline pass so I’d have the privilege of getting my guts torn out by a kicker all over again. Then he found Diggs at the 34-yard line, and I thought Diggs was just gonna hop out of bounds to stop the clock. But with two Saints defenders dropping like bowling pins, Diggs found himself free and fabulously unobligated to be cautious. For a split second, I was like, “What is he doing?!” but that fear vanished the moment I realized no one was going to catch Diggs. No one. Listen to the crowd as they, as I did, quickly go from “Hey, they might have a chance to win this” to “HOLY FUCK THEY ARE WINNING THIS RIGHT NOW!!!”

Play that video at my fucking funeral. Maybe the Vikings will eat shit against the Eagles, or perhaps play in a hometown Super Bowl only to be vaporized by the Pats death star. Whatever man, I still have THIS. I just watched the play again for the 90th time and it still makes my face explode in a haphazard jag of tears and laughter. It’s like someone drilled a hole in my head and poured in a vat of Christmas-spiked heroin. I have no control over it. It’s the BEST. I enjoy being crazy. It’s liberating.

When the play happened, I screamed out OH MY GOD on repeat and dropped to the ground like I had just won Wimbledon. My asshole dog started barking at me because he thought I was angry. My daughter, who would NOT stop peppering me with irritating questions all game long, asked me, “Did they win?” Yeah, they won. My other kids just stared at me and laughed because I looked like an imbecile. I regret nothing. I made every incredulous fan pose, including:

Grabbing my own hair
Placing my hands over my tear-soaked eyes
Interlocking my hands BEHIND my head and exhaling sharply
White guy fist pump
Unimpressive vertical jumping
Running around in a very small circle crying out YESSSSSSSS
Bad dancing

I did it all. Again, this never happens to the Vikings. Like other NFL never-haves, the Vikings tend to have historic shit happen TO them and not FOR them. They are often the purple canvas upon which other teams find their dreams rendered real and immortal. BUT NOT THIS TIME, MOTHERFUCKER. This time my team finally got a miracle to call its own. I don’t know if that’s worth sitting through 30-plus years of Denny taking a knee, and Keith Poole, and Antonio Freeman walking off with a TD catch of his own, and Blair, and 12 men on the field, and every other god awful thing that’s happened to this idiot team. But it kinda feels like it. Look at this video, man. Look at how goddamn happy everyone is.

Sometimes sports have mercy. Sometimes sports pay you back. And I just hope that every Lions, Browns, Bengals, and Jets fan gets to have a little miracle of their own one day.

But not the Eagles. I hope the Vikings fuck the Eagles up.

PostPosted: Mon January 15, 2018 6:49 pm 
The Master

PostPosted: Mon January 15, 2018 9:57 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

I saw that earlier today; superb headline.

PostPosted: Mon January 15, 2018 10:19 pm 
Rank This Poster

I don't like the periods.

If you're gonna go for it, go for it. Use exclamation marks.

ALL CAPS with periods is weird.

PostPosted: Mon January 15, 2018 11:01 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

yeah, but having been in similar situations (e.g. Pats two losses to Giants in Super Bowl via miracle plays), it's more of a shocked:

Fuck.
Shit.
Fuck.

kinda reaction...not necessarily a scream at the top of your lungs.

Regardless, still shows that newspapers have a unique roll to play after a major event; the Times-Picayune is a great paper.

PostPosted: Tue January 16, 2018 12:09 am 
Future Drummer

run2death wrote:
I don't like the periods

PostPosted: Tue January 16, 2018 12:13 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Chris_H_2 wrote:

geesh

and we thought the NBA post-game orgies were bad

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Tue January 16, 2018 12:13 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Strat wrote:

the Williams legacy is twice tarnished

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Tue January 16, 2018 1:41 am 
The Master

--- wrote:
run2death wrote:
I don't like the periods

PostPosted: Tue January 16, 2018 1:51 am 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Ribs are clicking

PostPosted: Tue January 16, 2018 4:18 am 
10Club Complaint Department

Strat wrote:
https://deadspin.com/holy-fucking-shit-that-really-happened-1822084873

I scared the shit out of my kids. They had already been subjected to three hours of me clapping and yelling and screaming at the TV, bearing witness to an utterly deranged side of their father that they almost certainly would have preferred to never learn about. I sat. I stood. I paced. No position felt comfortable. We were in the same basement where I watched Blair Walsh shank a 27-yarder against Seattle, a game that made me literally collapse to the ground in agony at the end. Now the Vikings were on the verge of blowing a 17-point lead to Drew Brees for another awful home playoff loss. Their final drive began with a false start and I was like AW FUCK HERE WE FUCKING GO AGAIN, ANOTHER STEAMING PLATE OF DOGSHIT.

My eight-year-old looked me dead in the eye and told me, with all seriousness, that I needed to calm down. But I couldn’t. Now there were 10 seconds left on the clock and I was standing there, palms together, praying for the kind of football miracle that never, ever happens for the Minnesota Vikings.

And then, it did. I still can’t believe it. I fully expected to wake up this morning to learn that the NFL retroactively called holding on Stefon Diggs’s game-winning 61-yard catch and run, because that’s a much more Vikings thing to happen. But no…no, apparently what I saw was real. I was just hoping Case Keenum could hit a long sideline pass so I’d have the privilege of getting my guts torn out by a kicker all over again. Then he found Diggs at the 34-yard line, and I thought Diggs was just gonna hop out of bounds to stop the clock. But with two Saints defenders dropping like bowling pins, Diggs found himself free and fabulously unobligated to be cautious. For a split second, I was like, “What is he doing?!” but that fear vanished the moment I realized no one was going to catch Diggs. No one. Listen to the crowd as they, as I did, quickly go from “Hey, they might have a chance to win this” to “HOLY FUCK THEY ARE WINNING THIS RIGHT NOW!!!”

Play that video at my fucking funeral. Maybe the Vikings will eat shit against the Eagles, or perhaps play in a hometown Super Bowl only to be vaporized by the Pats death star. Whatever man, I still have THIS. I just watched the play again for the 90th time and it still makes my face explode in a haphazard jag of tears and laughter. It’s like someone drilled a hole in my head and poured in a vat of Christmas-spiked heroin. I have no control over it. It’s the BEST. I enjoy being crazy. It’s liberating.

When the play happened, I screamed out OH MY GOD on repeat and dropped to the ground like I had just won Wimbledon. My asshole dog started barking at me because he thought I was angry. My daughter, who would NOT stop peppering me with irritating questions all game long, asked me, “Did they win?” Yeah, they won. My other kids just stared at me and laughed because I looked like an imbecile. I regret nothing. I made every incredulous fan pose, including:

Grabbing my own hair
Placing my hands over my tear-soaked eyes
Interlocking my hands BEHIND my head and exhaling sharply
White guy fist pump
Unimpressive vertical jumping
Running around in a very small circle crying out YESSSSSSSS
Bad dancing

I did it all. Again, this never happens to the Vikings. Like other NFL never-haves, the Vikings tend to have historic shit happen TO them and not FOR them. They are often the purple canvas upon which other teams find their dreams rendered real and immortal. BUT NOT THIS TIME, MOTHERFUCKER. This time my team finally got a miracle to call its own. I don’t know if that’s worth sitting through 30-plus years of Denny taking a knee, and Keith Poole, and Antonio Freeman walking off with a TD catch of his own, and Blair, and 12 men on the field, and every other god awful thing that’s happened to this idiot team. But it kinda feels like it. Look at this video, man. Look at how goddamn happy everyone is.

Sometimes sports have mercy. Sometimes sports pay you back. And I just hope that every Lions, Browns, Bengals, and Jets fan gets to have a little miracle of their own one day.

But not the Eagles. I hope the Vikings fuck the Eagles up.

This is so absolutely everything I felt and feel. I’m still in blissful shock.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90 ... 109  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports