The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 416 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 21  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: 2017 NFL Season
PostPosted: Tue September 12, 2017 2:55 am 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:02 am
Posts: 6681
Location: The Twin Cities
Thielen is turning into a stud. Diggs has a chance to be great. Rudolph is huge in the Red Zone. Rookie RB guy was very good. Bradford was basically perfect tonight. The O Line performed better than at any point last season. And the Defense was its typical stifling self. All around great game.

_________________
I'll be on my own side...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017 NFL Season
PostPosted: Tue September 12, 2017 3:00 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 29403
Location: Mountains
PHATJ wrote:
Thielen is turning into a stud. Diggs has a chance to be great. Rudolph is huge in the Red Zone. Rookie RB guy was very good. Bradford was basically perfect tonight. The O Line performed better than at any point last season. And the Defense was its typical stifling self. All around great game.

And next week it will fall apart. yay mn sports.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017 NFL Season
PostPosted: Tue September 12, 2017 3:04 am 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:02 am
Posts: 6681
Location: The Twin Cities
Strat wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
Thielen is turning into a stud. Diggs has a chance to be great. Rudolph is huge in the Red Zone. Rookie RB guy was very good. Bradford was basically perfect tonight. The O Line performed better than at any point last season. And the Defense was its typical stifling self. All around great game.

And next week it will fall apart. yay mn sports.

:lol: yep!

_________________
I'll be on my own side...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017 NFL Season
PostPosted: Tue September 12, 2017 4:32 am 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Mon January 07, 2013 11:39 pm
Posts: 371
Location: Arlington Heights, IL
Strat wrote:
I also love how Thielen and Rudolph are basically No Names but just produce. Constantly solid.


Rudolph went to Notre Dame and was a second round pick, he is certainly not a "No Name".


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017 NFL Season
PostPosted: Tue September 12, 2017 2:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Site Admin
 Profile

Joined: Wed December 12, 2012 10:33 pm
Posts: 5252
TBAMTS wrote:
Strat wrote:
I also love how Thielen and Rudolph are basically No Names but just produce. Constantly solid.
Rudolph went to Notre Dame and was a second round pick, he is certainly not a "No Name".
I was going to post this same thing.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017 NFL Season
PostPosted: Tue September 12, 2017 4:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 29403
Location: Mountains
Sorry, i was buzzed and meant to expand on the lack of superstar receivers we have. yes, rudolph has had quite a successful career from college on but he's no super star. he's just a solid producer. Along with Diggs and Thielan that show massive potential. That is exciting.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017 NFL Season
PostPosted: Tue September 12, 2017 4:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 35623
this is going to sound like i'm throwing shade, but i'm not because i like this vikings team

but didn't they start out like this last year and then fizzled? just trying to remember correctly


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017 NFL Season
PostPosted: Tue September 12, 2017 4:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:02 am
Posts: 6681
Location: The Twin Cities
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
this is going to sound like i'm throwing shade, but i'm not because i like this vikings team

but didn't they start out like this last year and then fizzled? just trying to remember correctly

Yes. Started last year 5-0. Finished 3-8.

_________________
I'll be on my own side...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017 NFL Season
PostPosted: Tue September 12, 2017 4:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 29403
Location: Mountains
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
this is going to sound like i'm throwing shade, but i'm not because i like this vikings team

but didn't they start out like this last year and then fizzled? just trying to remember correctly

Absolutely. We are both hesitant here but we saw some different things from the vikings last night that looked promising.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017 NFL Season
PostPosted: Tue September 12, 2017 4:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Site Admin
 Profile

Joined: Wed December 12, 2012 10:33 pm
Posts: 5252
Cautious optimism is what I'd give the Vikes right now. CHI and DET looked better than I thought so their division could be a tough one to navigate.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017 NFL Season
PostPosted: Tue September 12, 2017 4:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:02 am
Posts: 6681
Location: The Twin Cities
As a fan of MN teams I learned long, long ago to never be overconfident.

_________________
I'll be on my own side...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017 NFL Season
PostPosted: Tue September 12, 2017 4:22 pm 
Online
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 9282
Location: Mizzou
Didn't the Vikings offensive line get decimated by injuries last year? I may have made this up.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017 NFL Season
PostPosted: Tue September 12, 2017 4:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 35623
sam bradford > aaron rodgers


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017 NFL Season
PostPosted: Tue September 12, 2017 4:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 29403
Location: Mountains
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Didn't the Vikings offensive line get decimated by injuries last year? I may have made this up.

Injuries and awfulness.

We cleaned house and im happy about that right now.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017 NFL Season
PostPosted: Tue September 12, 2017 5:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:02 am
Posts: 6681
Location: The Twin Cities
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
sam bradford > aaron rodgers

:bammer:

_________________
I'll be on my own side...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017 NFL Season
PostPosted: Tue September 12, 2017 8:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 29403
Location: Mountains
PHATJ wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
sam bradford > aaron rodgers

:bammer:

Whatever, yea, im booking flight back for the Super Bowl. Straight cash homie.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017 NFL Season
PostPosted: Tue September 12, 2017 8:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 35623
Strat wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
sam bradford > aaron rodgers

:bammer:

Whatever, yea, im booking flight back for the Super Bowl. Straight cash homie.

let's make a deal...if the vikings make it to the super bowl you and i will go together (on a date)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017 NFL Season
PostPosted: Tue September 12, 2017 8:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 29403
Location: Mountains
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Strat wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
sam bradford > aaron rodgers

:bammer:

Whatever, yea, im booking flight back for the Super Bowl. Straight cash homie.

let's make a deal...if the vikings make it to the super bowl you and i will go together (on a date)

On your dollar, sure.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017 NFL Season
PostPosted: Tue September 12, 2017 8:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 35623
Strat wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Strat wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
sam bradford > aaron rodgers

:bammer:

Whatever, yea, im booking flight back for the Super Bowl. Straight cash homie.

let's make a deal...if the vikings make it to the super bowl you and i will go together (on a date)

On your dollar, sure.

can't afford it...i only have $91k in savings


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017 NFL Season
PostPosted: Tue September 12, 2017 8:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 29403
Location: Mountains
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Strat wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Strat wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
sam bradford > aaron rodgers

:bammer:

Whatever, yea, im booking flight back for the Super Bowl. Straight cash homie.

let's make a deal...if the vikings make it to the super bowl you and i will go together (on a date)

On your dollar, sure.

can't afford it...i only have $91k in savings

Whats it like having a dick made of gold?


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 416 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 21  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Mon September 25, 2017 5:07 pm