The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 109  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2017 NFL Season
PostPosted: Mon October 02, 2017 1:12 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Are the Chargers playing at a high school? What a clusterfuck.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Mon October 02, 2017 1:24 am 
Site Admin

Simple Torture wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
doug rr wrote:
eagles fans are the fucking worst and they roll into LA this weekend..I want to sell my tix if i can so i can watch the broncos/stupid ass raiders game
If you were successful in your goal of avoiding Eagles fans...you chose wisely.

https://deadspin.com/lets-check-in-on-t ... 1819040461

Eagles official Twitter account getting fucking salty:

I knew I should have posted that as well. Fucking savage. Can't wait to see the crowds there for the Broncos and Raiders games.

PostPosted: Mon October 02, 2017 2:40 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

PostPosted: Mon October 02, 2017 1:45 pm 
slower than 82% of US

Green Habit wrote:
Electromatic wrote:
I've never seen a team get hosed the way the Falcons are getting hosed today.

There's shit refereeing and there's cheating.

It's cheating today. A free touchdown that wasn't and and interception return that wasn't.
The strip sack call was pure bullshit.

The Bills spotted them 4 points by kicking from the 1 yard line and this to make up for it

PostPosted: Mon October 02, 2017 2:53 pm 
Rank This Poster

Went to the Cards-49ers game with my son.

It was complete garbage, but at least Fitz caught the game-winning TD.

The Cards are doing in-stadium videos for players who want to talk about social causes. Karlos Dansby's video was yesterday and talked about the historic plight of African-Americans in his home state of Alabama and the squalid conditions of the prisons there. The video was met with jeers and a smattering of boos. I started clapping and was met with dirty looks and at least one middle finger.

I fucking hate this state sometimes.

PostPosted: Mon October 02, 2017 2:56 pm 
The Master

run2death wrote:
Went to the Cards-49ers game with my son.

It was complete garbage, but at least Fitz caught the game-winning TD.

The Cards are doing in-stadium videos for players who want to talk about social causes. Karlos Dansby's video was yesterday and talked about the historic plight of African-Americans in his home state of Alabama and the squalid conditions of the prisons there. The video was met with jeers and a smattering of boos. I started clapping and was met with dirty looks and at least one middle finger.

I fucking hate this state sometimes.

Hell of a country we live in.

PostPosted: Mon October 02, 2017 2:58 pm 
Rank This Poster

Mecca wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
Electromatic wrote:
I've never seen a team get hosed the way the Falcons are getting hosed today.

There's shit refereeing and there's cheating.

It's cheating today. A free touchdown that wasn't and and interception return that wasn't.
The strip sack call was pure bullshit.

The Bills spotted them 4 points by kicking from the 1 yard line and this to make up for it

What does that have to do with an absolutely bullshit call that provided the Bills a free touchdown? Not to mention the last field goal off an "interception" that clearly bounced off the ground.

Apparently they only needed 10 anyway given that horrible play call (I think they were down a LB) which makes it even more hilarious Ryan checked to a pass.

I'm not taking anything away from the Bills, they played great, and they deserved to win, but my Lord, Terry Macauley needs to fucking retire. The shit that they couldn't see yesterday was staggering. 3 fingers on the ball, arm ball and hand go forward 49 out of 50 people would call that a forward pass. The one that didn't is apparently a bills fan in the league office. The fucking ball went 15 yards forward down the field and the pass occurred AFTER the defender made contact with Ryan's arm. The Bills won... by those same 6 points.

Tyrod played really well, they did a great job of exploiting Duke Riley with Clay and he threw the ball well. As poorly as the Falcons executed, the game came down to maybe 5 plays.... and 2 of them were complete fuck ups by replacement level referees that handed the Bills 10 pts. It was OBVIOUS that was a forward pass on video and it was OBVIOUS that the last interception was aided by the ground.

Of course the last play (as dumb as it was of a play call) also was defensive holding that was not called Gabriel was bear hugged as the pass was released. Doesn't get much more obvious than that.

PostPosted: Mon October 02, 2017 5:10 pm 
slower than 82% of US

I feel for you because those types of calls normally go against the bills. I didn't get to watch the game so I have no opinion on the forward pass/int rulings, but even the buffalo radio team was joking that they had no idea which way the replay rulings would go because of how the officials were calling the game

PostPosted: Mon October 02, 2017 5:14 pm 
Rank This Poster

Mecca wrote:
I feel for you because those types of calls normally go against the bills. I didn't get to watch the game so I have no opinion on the forward pass/int rulings, but even the buffalo radio team was joking that they had no idea which way the replay rulings would go because of how the officials were calling the game

It's ultimately no big deal, and yeah the Bills have definitely earned a few of those. I hope it keeps going well for you.

PostPosted: Mon October 02, 2017 5:30 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

i didnt see any of the Bills/Falcons game so i didnt see the crazy calls in it, but it seemed like the day was full of crazy calls, how about that one where Antonio Brown caught the ball, got tripped up, had a knee and elbow down and then the ball came out and they called it an interception???

PostPosted: Mon October 02, 2017 5:36 pm 
Site Admin

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
i didnt see any of the Bills/Falcons game so i didnt see the crazy calls in it, but it seemed like the day was full of crazy calls, how about that one where Antonio Brown caught the ball, got tripped up, had a knee and elbow down and then the ball came out and they called it an interception???
The officials called that one perfectly. The Bird and the Beard did a terrible job not understanding that call at all.

PostPosted: Mon October 02, 2017 6:03 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Green Habit wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
The officials called that one perfectly. The Bird and the Beard did a terrible job not understanding that call at all.

i can kinda understand the thought process on it but still think it was bad, but it all comes down to what is a catch that has gotten really blurry, to me( definitely a casual with the rule book ) if he was bobbling the ball at all or didnt clearly posses the ball before going to the ground then it was right place at the right time for the defender and he now had a interception, but if its a clear catch, and the ground cant cause a fumble then he was down by contact and the play was dead...and was blown dead when he hit the ground if i remember right. so to me if it was a catch which i thought it was then it was a bad call, if it wasnt a catch then it should have been a pick and it was the right call.

PostPosted: Mon October 02, 2017 6:33 pm 
slower than 82% of US

Call me a homer, but that ball is jarred out and basically punched forward

PostPosted: Mon October 02, 2017 6:41 pm 
Rank This Poster

Mecca wrote:

That's from the side, you can't see it from that angle. From the rear, you can clearly see, hughes arm hits Ryan's and the ball moves, but he's still got 5 fingers (at least 3 on the ball) and it goes forward 15 yards. There are horrible calls, and then there's that. The rear view from the broadcast couldn't have been more clear. It's a forward pass.

Or... perhaps now no one knows what a catch OR a forward pass are anymore (maybe they went to LSU). Saying the play stands there is absolutely idiotic.

They let those plays go so they can "fix it" in replay and then they let attrocities like that stand.

The NFL fucking sucks.

PostPosted: Tue October 03, 2017 2:54 am 
AnalLog

Electromatic wrote:
Mecca wrote:

That's from the side, you can't see it from that angle. From the rear, you can clearly see, hughes arm hits Ryan's and the ball moves, but he's still got 5 fingers (at least 3 on the ball) and it goes forward 15 yards. There are horrible calls, and then there's that. The rear view from the broadcast couldn't have been more clear. It's a forward pass.

Or... perhaps now no one knows what a catch OR a forward pass are anymore (maybe they went to LSU). Saying the play stands there is absolutely idiotic.

They let those plays go so they can "fix it" in replay and then they let attrocities like that stand.

The NFL fucking sucks.

remember the first year MLB expanded replay, and the first week had a few challenges on "catches" that were clearly players dropping the ball on the transfer. Literally the next day MLB made a ruling on what a catch was / wasn't / what was on the transfer. Havnt had an issue since (as far as I know). Yet the NFL still has all these vague rules on such simple basic plays. And the sad part is the NFL will spend all off season talking about rule changes, move where the kickoff is, move the extra point, and all sorts of other meaningless things. But a catch? nah lets hold off on that.

PostPosted: Wed October 04, 2017 9:39 pm 
Rank This Poster

It's funny to hear Cam Newton... talk about anything.

PostPosted: Wed October 04, 2017 11:27 pm 
slower than 82% of US

Electromatic wrote:

its funny to hear an idiot talk about anything

PostPosted: Thu October 05, 2017 12:40 am 
Site Admin

Electromatic wrote:
Roody White also doesn't get it.

PostPosted: Thu October 05, 2017 12:49 am 
Rank This Poster

Mecca wrote:
Electromatic wrote:

its funny to hear an idiot talk about anything

He did go to college right? I mean to some extent he's educated and in response to a perfectly legitimate softball question about routes and Devin Funchess (who along with his cohort have been huge disappointments) he suddenly has a problem with a woman asking the question? In Breast Cancer awareness month, on stage, for a league that already has an image problem.

I am amazed that this still happens. Don't they have PR staff?

Roddy, Cam... this is effecting your potential earnings my friends. You wrote off the majority of the people potentially buying that Oikos yogurt.

Seriously you don't get to be this tone deaf and not have to apologize. Even then he'll probably lose money somewhere.

People have jobs, they ask questions and that one was an easy throw away you turned into a week long story.

Not to mention every female reporter is going to turn the knife.

Baffling response.

A perfectly legitimate response from Mr Madison.... "Are you some kind of Moron?"

Last edited by Electromatic on Thu October 05, 2017 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu October 05, 2017 1:01 am 
Site Admin

Ha, I just realized that I mistyped Roddy White's name. And the way I did it instantly reminds me of the days of Tood Bardy. Does anyone else remember that?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 109  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports