The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100 ... 109  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2017 NFL Season
PostPosted: Tue January 23, 2018 4:38 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Can the Eagles even keep this game close? Are these defenses good enough to keep it a low scoring affair? Will the NFL be super pissed with a low scoring Super Bowl?

PostPosted: Tue January 23, 2018 5:00 pm 
Rank This Poster

durdencommatyler wrote:
Can the Eagles even keep this game close? Are these defenses good enough to keep it a low scoring affair? Will the NFL be super pissed with a low scoring Super Bowl?

Yes, it will probably be a really good game and the Patriots will find some way to win in the 4th Quarter.... because Patriots.

Pederson is very creative and they might have the best interior DL in the NFL. The defense is good on all levels.

The Patriots use misdirection masterfully and they win because Brady puts the ball in the perfect place almost every single time and they beat really good defenses by creating holes in zone defenses. The only way to beat them really is physically One V One and sound eye discipline (in other words DO YOUR JOB and do not deviate). I think zone base is a fairly insane call against them, I would play mostly man and if that means Brady running for a few open first downs so be it.

PostPosted: Tue January 23, 2018 5:03 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Foles is the only real variable here. If he continues to put up career numbers, the Pats have no chance. They barely go by Bortle, who just had a decent game. But if Foles folds under the pressure, then it is the Pats' for the taking.

PostPosted: Tue January 23, 2018 6:33 pm 
Future Drummer

Electromatic wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Yes, it will probably be a really good game and the Patriots will find some way to win in the 4th Quarter.... because Patriots.

Pederson is very creative and they might have the best interior DL in the NFL. The defense is good on all levels.

The Patriots use misdirection masterfully and they win because Brady puts the ball in the perfect place almost every single time and they beat really good defenses by creating holes in zone defenses. The only way to beat them really is physically One V One and sound eye discipline (in other words DO YOUR JOB and do not deviate). I think zone base is a fairly insane call against them, I would play mostly man and if that means Brady running for a few open first downs so be it.

The way almost everyone tries to play the Pats with soft zones when that's exactly what they want is the most annoying thing in football.

PostPosted: Tue January 23, 2018 6:42 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Nah, The Raiders are still the most annoying thing in football. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed January 24, 2018 12:05 am 
AnalLog

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Foles is the only real variable here. If he continues to put up career numbers, the Pats have no chance. They barely go by Bortle, who just had a decent game. But if Foles folds under the pressure, then it is the Pats' for the taking.

But the Eagles ground game has been so good all year, if they get that working early, they don't have to lean on Foles which takes the pressure off and he can play free (like in Sundays game).

The bigger thing for me, Is i dont see the Pats making costly turn overs like the Vikings did. The Eagles D feeds on turnovers.

PostPosted: Wed January 24, 2018 4:05 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Guys, there's no way the Pats lose this game.

PostPosted: Wed January 24, 2018 4:24 am 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

durdencommatyler wrote:

Isn't that what they said before the Giants beat them during the undefeated season?

PostPosted: Wed January 24, 2018 3:18 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Isn't that what they said before the Giants beat them during the undefeated season?

That's not what I said, no. I was pretty confident they were gonna lose that game. I was shocked that it was as close as it was.

PostPosted: Wed January 24, 2018 3:28 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Smells like a reverse jinx to me.

PostPosted: Wed January 24, 2018 3:52 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Simple Torture wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Smells like a reverse jinx to me.

There is no such thing.

PostPosted: Wed January 24, 2018 4:05 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

ahem ...

http://archive.theskyiscrape.com/viewto ... 42ff7017ae

PostPosted: Wed January 24, 2018 4:10 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

:haha:

I don't even remember that poster. Who the fuck is/was that guy/gal?

PostPosted: Wed January 24, 2018 4:14 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

I remember grimacing at each and every one of his postsnn I'll tell you what.

PostPosted: Wed January 24, 2018 4:28 pm 
Rank This Poster

The Eagles should emulate those Giant teams, go "Giant Dime" with 3 CBs and 3 safeties and blitz a lot from the outside instead of a LB up the middle.

PostPosted: Wed January 24, 2018 5:16 pm 
Site Admin

Chris_H_2 wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

ahem ...

GrimmaceXX and pearljamminagain will never be forgotten for their unwavering yet wholly incorrect certainty of what was going to happen in sports.

PostPosted: Wed January 24, 2018 5:18 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

E.H. Ruddock wrote:

I’m not saying the Pats are definitely going to win, but to suggest that their offense wouldn’t be able to keep up with Nick Foles having a good game is kind of crazy.

PostPosted: Thu January 25, 2018 1:35 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Green Habit wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

ahem ...

GrimmaceXX and pearljamminagain will never be forgotten for their unwavering yet wholly incorrect certainty of what was going to happen in sports.

Grimmace organized a pre-party before a show in Boston proper many years ago at a bar. They played a PJ DVD. And a lot of RMers were there. Sunny, Stip maybe, too? Well organized.

PostPosted: Thu January 25, 2018 2:07 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Predictions:

- Alex Guerrero makes Tom Brady a special potion prior to the SB that gives him violent diarrhea
- Brady hits his head on a toilet pre-game while vomiting
- Brady passes the concussion protocol
- Brady consumes 18 tablets of sudafed prior to kickoff to quell the nausea
- Brady becomes overwhelmed by the pharmaceuticals and camera flashes and loses control over his consciousness
- Convinced that he is in a crowded nightclub, Brady begins to twerk his center on the first snap, rather than accept the hiked ball
- Fumble recovery for 6 points for the Eagles
- Brady breaks out of his funk and goes on to lead the Patriots to 13 gritty, hard-fought points over the course of the game
- But meanwhile the Eagles offense has scored 42 and it's a blowout win for the Iggles

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Thu January 25, 2018 3:32 am 
Looks Like a Cat

Coach wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

ahem ...

Grimmace organized a pre-party before a show in Boston proper many years ago at a bar. They played a PJ DVD. And a lot of RMers were there. Sunny, Stip maybe, too? Well organized.

so i looked back at the thread and realized how many people used to post in the sports forum on a regular basis. there were a lot of pretty cool guys on the old board that disappeared over the years.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100 ... 109  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports