Switch to full style
Discuss your hatred for the Yankees here.
Post a reply

Re: The Weight Loss Thread

Fri December 12, 2014 1:10 am

Monkey_Driven wrote:
BigRedLedbetter wrote:Me with Justin Vernon from Bon Iver. This was three years and about 60-70 lbs ago.

Me with the Biebs at Kohl's looking for chicks a few months ago. Down to my fighting weight here. From 280 to about 210.

How did your search for females go at Kohl's?

Fair. :|

Sat December 13, 2014 3:08 pm

i was sick earlier this week so it may be a bit premature but for the first time since 91-92 that i have been under 220 (219)

Tue December 16, 2014 10:18 pm

Peeps wrote:i was sick earlier this week so it may be a bit premature but for the first time since 91-92 that i have been under 220 (219)

I haven't been 220 since i was 13 :/

Wed December 17, 2014 3:48 pm

BigRedLedbetter wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
BigRedLedbetter wrote:Me with Justin Vernon from Bon Iver. This was three years and about 60-70 lbs ago.

Me with the Biebs at Kohl's looking for chicks a few months ago. Down to my fighting weight here. From 280 to about 210.

How did your search for females go at Kohl's?

Fair. :|

This is awesome!

Both JV and the weight loss.

But mostly JV

Fri January 09, 2015 4:14 am

a solid (if not a little jiggly) 215

Tue January 13, 2015 1:17 pm

One year ago today I started eating better. I didn't weigh myself to start, but based on previous estimates, changes in clothing, etc. We're estimating about 110lb down. If I can get down about 40 more ill be content.

Sat February 28, 2015 2:07 pm

today i hit my first goal

started out at 296 and today was 212. 1000 days to the day that i started logging my calories on a daily basis

Sat February 28, 2015 4:30 pm

Peeps wrote:today i hit my first goal

started out at 296 and today was 212. 1000 days to the day that i started logging my calories on a daily basis

BOOM!

Congrats, Peeps!

Sat February 28, 2015 5:34 pm

thanks d,t

Sat February 28, 2015 10:56 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:
Peeps wrote:today i hit my first goal

BOOM!

Congrats, Peeps!

you didn't congrats me, joey :(

Fri July 24, 2015 5:22 pm

so i have been hovering right at the 211-215 lb mark for a month or so. I know im still losing fat as definition is taking over what used to be a smooth landscape.

next monday i am going to start a 2 week change in my eating. it will basically be a liquid diet consisting of

breakfast and dinner (416 cals, 38g carbs, 59 protein, 2 grams fat)

1 cup of milk
2 scoops of Whey Protein
1/2 cup of frozen yogurt

mid morning and mid afternoon snack
(326 cals, 18 carbs, 56g protein, 2g fat)

1 cup of milk
2 scoop of Whey Protein

Lunch (160 cals, 20 carbs, 10g protein, 5g fat)

protein bar

thatll bring my total of my calories (1644) to be made up of

60% protein
32.5% carbs
7.5% Fats

will be interesting to see how that works out

Sat July 25, 2015 2:51 pm

Be careful Peeps. I used to go by a very similar plan and it gave me wicked reflux. I had to stop. Everyones different so it may not bother you at all. You will drop weight though. I got into the 170's and people started asking me if I had a disease or something. :D

Mon July 27, 2015 2:39 pm

bada wrote:Be careful Peeps. I used to go by a very similar plan and it gave me wicked reflux. I had to stop. Everyones different so it may not bother you at all. You will drop weight though. I got into the 170's and people started asking me if I had a disease or something. :D

thats why im going with just a two week trial period to see how my body reacts. if in 1 week it goes south i will definitely change.

funny at the drs a few weeks ago the PA that was taking my info noted my weight.

she came back a few minutes later and asked if i had been losing weight on purpose :)

Thu December 01, 2016 8:31 pm

I've decided that I've hovered around 200 too much so the next month is going to be as sugar free as possible. Not trying for 100% because that's damn near impossible (especially with holidays) but as close as I can get so no eating the leftover chocolate chips when I'm cooking, that sort of thing. I'll see how much weight I lose in the month and also take a look at how hard it was to do (it's just willpower, right?) and then see about applying it to 2017 as a whole.

On the one hand, I'm going to die anyway so why not enjoy it but on the other hand I'd like to still fit into my bike clothes when I go out for a ride as that shit's expensive to replace.

Thu December 01, 2016 8:48 pm

i lost 25 pounds in 2016. not that i was fat (6'1 - 190), but i needed to tone up. mountain biking and not eating like a pig at 9:30 at night definitely helped. now that i got my suits all re-sized, i'm sure i'll gain it back.

Thu December 01, 2016 8:50 pm

Chris_H_2 wrote:i lost 25 pounds in 2016. not that i was fat (6'1 - 190), but i needed to tone up. mountain biking and not eating like a pig at 9:30 at night definitely helped. now that i got my suits all re-sized, i'm sure i'll gain it back.

Depression eating because the sitter is getting married won't help

Thu December 01, 2016 8:56 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:i lost 25 pounds in 2016. not that i was fat (6'1 - 190), but i needed to tone up. mountain biking and not eating like a pig at 9:30 at night definitely helped. now that i got my suits all re-sized, i'm sure i'll gain it back.

hold me

Thu December 01, 2016 9:01 pm

Chris_H_2 wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

hold me

what will we do without her

Thu December 01, 2016 9:05 pm

Ah yes, depression eating. :oops:

I started the year at 180 and put on the extra 20 from that, and I ride my bike roughly 200 miles a week every week because I ride to work. At least I was able to stay at 200 and go no further.

Tue December 27, 2016 11:21 pm

Of course I spoke too soon. I'm past 200 because I haven't been doing any exercise or eating right, if I'm completely honest. :oops:

Going to start monitoring my food more closely and get a workout plan going for lunch. And I'm not waiting until next week because it'll feel better if it's not a 'resolution'.
Post a reply