Switch to full style
Discuss your hatred for the Yankees here.
Post a reply

Re: The Weight Loss Thread

Tue December 17, 2019 7:45 am

Bammer wrote:When people say “lean meats” - can I get some examples? Does that basically mean “not a burger or heavily marbled steak?”

here ya go

Spoiler: show
see it lean on the potatoes

Thu December 19, 2019 12:06 am

heard about slow carbs so i tried it

basically i skinned and boiled some sweet taters and eat them cold

not nearly as horrendous as it sounds

Thu December 19, 2019 12:59 am

i eat them skinned and raw. the yellow sweet potatoes taste like chestnuts almost.

Mon December 23, 2019 6:07 pm

went to my last oncology doctor appointment last week. turns out I've lost 20 lbs since the last time I saw him in the summer, that's not bad. 20-25 more to go and I'll be at my target weight.

now to get through this plateau I'm on...and during Christmas no less. whew.

Tue December 24, 2019 6:18 am

bune wrote:went to my last oncology doctor appointment last week. turns out I've lost 20 lbs since the last time I saw him in the summer, that's not bad. 20-25 more to go and I'll be at my target weight.

now to get through this plateau I'm on...and during Christmas no less. whew.

You can do it. Load up on that relish tray!

Tue March 10, 2020 4:43 pm

Started working out and changed my diet last February 2019. I started at 250 pounds, 5' 11", probably about 35% body fat.

I'm now at 167 pounds, probably around 13%-14% body fat. Still going. I want to get to about 10% body fat and then build up some more muscle. My goals kept getting bigger the more I went. I went from a size 40 pants down to a size 32 (and those are big on me now). Honestly I never thought I'd be down to this size again in my life. I feel so much better.

Started all of this because I was having trouble holding my toddler daughter while going up a hill. I didn't want to be out of shape anymore so a light bulb went off and started going to the gym immediately after.

Tue March 10, 2020 4:56 pm

Wow, that's amazing. Nice work.

Tue March 10, 2020 6:24 pm

That's really impressive. Kids are such good motivators. I got down to 150 from 200 a few years ago because I looked red-faced and winded while posing for a family Christmas card.

Wed March 18, 2020 5:19 pm

Thanks. Not being able to go to the gym due to the coronavirus is going to slow things down for me but hopefully I can figure out some body weight exercises to keep me going for a few weeks. I have some resistance bands at home I've never used so I'll try those out.

Tue May 05, 2020 2:49 am

i'm in plateau stage and trying not to be frustrated...i finally put up my scale and set a realistic goal for myself...i don't really like working out, but i need to get rid of belly fat and build a little strength overall

i really don't consume that many calories so i'm surprised i've plateaued so quickly, but i am down around 23 pounds since late January.

Tue May 05, 2020 11:23 am

good job leonardo

Tue May 05, 2020 1:17 pm

Peeps wrote:good job leonardo

thanks little buddy...i pretty drastically changed my eating habits so I’d like to lose maybe ten more pounds and have a few more cheat days built in...for now my belly fat is annoying me though

Thu May 21, 2020 2:14 am

I've lost like 20 lbs since the end of January. About 165 lbs now.

Thu May 21, 2020 2:17 am

verb_to_trust wrote:I've lost like 20 lbs since the end of January. About 165 lbs now.

how tall are you again?

i'm guessing i've lost around 28 in the same timeframe

Thu May 21, 2020 3:07 am

Six foot twoish

Thu May 21, 2020 3:11 am

verb_to_trust wrote:Six foot twoish

dang bro ur like model thin

Thu May 21, 2020 3:54 am

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:Six foot twoish

dang bro ur like model thin

Yeah my wife is worried about me

Thu May 21, 2020 4:51 am

verb_to_trust wrote:I've lost like 20 lbs since the end of January. About 165 lbs now.

On purpose?

Thu May 21, 2020 5:51 am

Monkey_Driven wrote:

On purpose?

Kind of?

Fri May 22, 2020 5:54 pm

i want to get rid of this belly fat, but i don't want to work at it...any tips?
Post a reply