The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Weight Loss Thread
PostPosted: Wed October 30, 2019 7:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 12345
Location: Washington State
Read that 'diet' book by Penn about how he lost 100 lbs and it had a lot in it to motivate me to trying harder. I've already lost 5 lbs and I'm finally <40 lbs from my goal after a long time being...over that. Got the fitbit Aria scale and it's actually pretty handy since it doesn't need you to do anything other than step on and it'll update all the stuff for you.

Doing the intermittant fasting where I eat from noon to five, and even then I don't eat a lot. Small fruit/vegetable thing for lunch and then a normal dinner with the fam. No straight candy in two weeks other than a high tea we went to for Halloween/MIL birthday. I ride my bike for 45 minutes a night on the trainer (it's getting too cold and wet out for anything else) and go to the gym for light weights in the morning.

At this rate I should be fighting fit by the new year. Provided I don't do anything stupid.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weight Loss Thread
PostPosted: Sat November 02, 2019 4:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 44824
Location: Mountains
bune wrote:
Read that 'diet' book by Penn about how he lost 100 lbs and it had a lot in it to motivate me to trying harder. I've already lost 5 lbs and I'm finally <40 lbs from my goal after a long time being...over that. Got the fitbit Aria scale and it's actually pretty handy since it doesn't need you to do anything other than step on and it'll update all the stuff for you.

Doing the intermittant fasting where I eat from noon to five, and even then I don't eat a lot. Small fruit/vegetable thing for lunch and then a normal dinner with the fam. No straight candy in two weeks other than a high tea we went to for Halloween/MIL birthday. I ride my bike for 45 minutes a night on the trainer (it's getting too cold and wet out for anything else) and go to the gym for light weights in the morning.

At this rate I should be fighting fit by the new year. Provided I don't do anything stupid.

Intermittent fasting is great. I sleep so much better when i do it. not even to be hardcore about it, btu at least eating dinner by 6 pm and nothing until late morning the next day. I think that is the biggest secret to losing weight.

I came back from my vacation to the jungle super motivated to shed some pounds. Been going to spin classes three times a week, yoga 2-3 times a week, lighter eating, and less drinking. I feel fucking amazing right now.

I love spin. The high intensity training for 50-60 minutes is exactly what I need on a more regular basis. Its how i grew up training but got away from it when I moved to the mountains.

Once there is enough snow ill substitute a few days of skinning up a mountain for a more moderate consistent heart rate exercise.

can't wait.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weight Loss Thread
PostPosted: Sat November 02, 2019 5:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 12345
Location: Washington State
Yeah I feel great and the scale says I'm losing weight but it also says my BMI is going up. what?

I can't wait until I can start some actual exercise (about a week or so) and can get moving more.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weight Loss Thread
PostPosted: Sun November 03, 2019 1:17 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 44824
Location: Mountains
bune wrote:
Yeah I feel great and the scale says I'm losing weight but it also says my BMI is going up. what?

I can't wait until I can start some actual exercise (about a week or so) and can get moving more.

Fuck BMI.

Bullshit measurement from the days of old.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weight Loss Thread
PostPosted: Sun November 03, 2019 1:58 am 
Offline
User avatar
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 65580
Strat wrote:
bune wrote:
Yeah I feel great and the scale says I'm losing weight but it also says my BMI is going up. what?

I can't wait until I can start some actual exercise (about a week or so) and can get moving more.

Fuck BMI.

Bullshit measurement from the days of old.

I know someone who would love to respond to this but can't

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weight Loss Thread
PostPosted: Sun November 03, 2019 2:38 am 
Offline
User avatar
for those who
are not...shall be
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 7:30 am
Posts: 15094
Location: here
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Strat wrote:
bune wrote:
Yeah I feel great and the scale says I'm losing weight but it also says my BMI is going up. what?

I can't wait until I can start some actual exercise (about a week or so) and can get moving more.

Fuck BMI.

Bullshit measurement from the days of old.

I know someone who would love to respond to this but can't


Verb is on probation ?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weight Loss Thread
PostPosted: Sun November 03, 2019 4:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 12345
Location: Washington State
Strat wrote:
bune wrote:
Yeah I feel great and the scale says I'm losing weight but it also says my BMI is going up. what?

I can't wait until I can start some actual exercise (about a week or so) and can get moving more.

Fuck BMI.

Bullshit measurement from the days of old.

I agree, I just don't get it.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weight Loss Thread
PostPosted: Tue November 05, 2019 1:12 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 44824
Location: Mountains
bune wrote:
Strat wrote:
bune wrote:
Yeah I feel great and the scale says I'm losing weight but it also says my BMI is going up. what?

I can't wait until I can start some actual exercise (about a week or so) and can get moving more.

Fuck BMI.

Bullshit measurement from the days of old.

I agree, I just don't get it.

You and me both buddy.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weight Loss Thread
PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2019 6:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu December 20, 2012 4:45 pm
Posts: 4922
Strat wrote:
bune wrote:
Strat wrote:
bune wrote:
Yeah I feel great and the scale says I'm losing weight but it also says my BMI is going up. what?

I can't wait until I can start some actual exercise (about a week or so) and can get moving more.

Fuck BMI.

Bullshit measurement from the days of old.

I agree, I just don't get it.

You and me both buddy.

Muscle is more dense than fat? BMI thinks that elite athletes with lots of muscle are obese.

_________________
"I want to see the whole picture--as nearly as I can. I don't want to put on the blinders of 'good and bad,' and limit my vision."-- In Dubious Battle



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weight Loss Thread
PostPosted: Sat November 16, 2019 6:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 12345
Location: Washington State
sure, let's go with "bune is putting on more muscle". :)

I'm almost to 200, so that's about 14 lbs in about 14 days. I've eaten one piece of Halloween candy but otherwise haven't touched the stuff. I've drunk two of the mango Pepsi's but then I saw the sugar content so I haven't touched them otherwise.

Tried to eat some fingerlings but they tasted acidic, don't know if it was because of how tiny they were or if they were just old.

Thanksgiving is going to be interesting.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weight Loss Thread
PostPosted: Sat November 16, 2019 6:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rated PG-13 for the power of theatre
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 86729
Location: Anarchist Jurisdiction
I've definitely put on weight over the last month as I've stopped running because of my foot injury. However, I'm finally back in the gym, doing some cardio on the bike and some light free weight work. But I think the biggest impact on cutting down the pounds I added on has been fasting and cutting back on booze.

My wife and I had a "date day" yesterday. We each had a couple of drinks but that was the first alcohol I've consumed in a week or so. It's amazing how quickly cutting back on drinking makes a noticeable difference.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weight Loss Thread
PostPosted: Sun November 17, 2019 12:02 am 
Offline
User avatar
for those who
are not...shall be
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 7:30 am
Posts: 15094
Location: here
durdencommatyler wrote:
I've definitely put on weight over the last month as I've stopped running because of my foot injury. However, I'm finally back in the gym, doing some cardio on the bike and some light free weight work. But I think the biggest impact on cutting down the pounds I added on has been fasting and cutting back on booze.

My wife and I had a "date day" yesterday. We each had a couple of drinks but that was the first alcohol I've consumed in a week or so. It's amazing how quickly cutting back on drinking makes a noticeable difference.


A noticeable difference as to what?

A. How good your date night went
B. How drunk you got since it's been so long
C. BMI


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weight Loss Thread
PostPosted: Sun November 17, 2019 12:05 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rated PG-13 for the power of theatre
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 86729
Location: Anarchist Jurisdiction
knee tunes wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
I've definitely put on weight over the last month as I've stopped running because of my foot injury. However, I'm finally back in the gym, doing some cardio on the bike and some light free weight work. But I think the biggest impact on cutting down the pounds I added on has been fasting and cutting back on booze.

My wife and I had a "date day" yesterday. We each had a couple of drinks but that was the first alcohol I've consumed in a week or so. It's amazing how quickly cutting back on drinking makes a noticeable difference.


A noticeable difference as to what?

A. How good your date night went
B. How drunk you got since it's been so long
C. BMI

I gauge all of this in unwanted catcalls


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weight Loss Thread
PostPosted: Sun November 17, 2019 12:08 am 
Offline
User avatar
for those who
are not...shall be
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 7:30 am
Posts: 15094
Location: here
durdencommatyler wrote:
knee tunes wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
I've definitely put on weight over the last month as I've stopped running because of my foot injury. However, I'm finally back in the gym, doing some cardio on the bike and some light free weight work. But I think the biggest impact on cutting down the pounds I added on has been fasting and cutting back on booze.

My wife and I had a "date day" yesterday. We each had a couple of drinks but that was the first alcohol I've consumed in a week or so. It's amazing how quickly cutting back on drinking makes a noticeable difference.


A noticeable difference as to what?

A. How good your date night went
B. How drunk you got since it's been so long
C. BMI

I gauge all of this in unwanted catcalls


I suggest an Instagram account


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weight Loss Thread
PostPosted: Sun November 17, 2019 12:10 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rated PG-13 for the power of theatre
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 86729
Location: Anarchist Jurisdiction
knee tunes wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
knee tunes wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
I've definitely put on weight over the last month as I've stopped running because of my foot injury. However, I'm finally back in the gym, doing some cardio on the bike and some light free weight work. But I think the biggest impact on cutting down the pounds I added on has been fasting and cutting back on booze.

My wife and I had a "date day" yesterday. We each had a couple of drinks but that was the first alcohol I've consumed in a week or so. It's amazing how quickly cutting back on drinking makes a noticeable difference.


A noticeable difference as to what?

A. How good your date night went
B. How drunk you got since it's been so long
C. BMI

I gauge all of this in unwanted catcalls


I suggest an Instagram account

which one?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weight Loss Thread
PostPosted: Sun November 17, 2019 1:19 am 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 12:41 pm
Posts: 6932
Image

looks like i will have to totally cut out the cookies and brownies to get below 200

_________________
doug rr wrote:
i was busy grilling meat...i'll try to keep up..i could use some help from you cunts when its busy though


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weight Loss Thread
PostPosted: Sun November 17, 2019 1:25 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 40884
Location: Different mountains than strat and bodysnatcher.
Peeps wrote:
Image

looks like i will have to totally cut out the cookies and brownies to get below 200

big fucking deal man, you've lost nearly 100 lbs since 2012 -- that's to be celebrated!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weight Loss Thread
PostPosted: Fri December 13, 2019 8:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 12345
Location: Washington State
So I didn't gain any weight over Thanksgiving but I've also plateaued in that I've been 204.x every day since then. That's two weeks. My only guess is that I cut back too far and my body is like dude wtf. So I'm going to keep at the intermittent fasting but I'm going to also up some intakes. I had thought that eating something smallish for lunch and then having a normal dinner would be enough to hamper the starvation thing but it doesn't look like it.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weight Loss Thread
PostPosted: Tue December 17, 2019 4:55 am 
Offline
User avatar
for those who
are not...shall be
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 7:30 am
Posts: 15094
Location: here
doug rr wrote:
all day long..

Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weight Loss Thread
PostPosted: Tue December 17, 2019 6:32 am 
Offline
User avatar
Not as great as you think
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Posts: 16675
Location: Growing dick, fixing and filing things.
When people say “lean meats” - can I get some examples? Does that basically mean “not a burger or heavily marbled steak?”

_________________
Peetah from Woostah wrote:
That Bammah post is a work of ahht.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
It is currently Fri February 26, 2021 10:46 am