The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2004 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 101  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Weight Loss Thread
PostPosted: Wed October 30, 2019 7:01 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Read that 'diet' book by Penn about how he lost 100 lbs and it had a lot in it to motivate me to trying harder. I've already lost 5 lbs and I'm finally <40 lbs from my goal after a long time being...over that. Got the fitbit Aria scale and it's actually pretty handy since it doesn't need you to do anything other than step on and it'll update all the stuff for you.

Doing the intermittant fasting where I eat from noon to five, and even then I don't eat a lot. Small fruit/vegetable thing for lunch and then a normal dinner with the fam. No straight candy in two weeks other than a high tea we went to for Halloween/MIL birthday. I ride my bike for 45 minutes a night on the trainer (it's getting too cold and wet out for anything else) and go to the gym for light weights in the morning.

At this rate I should be fighting fit by the new year. Provided I don't do anything stupid.

PostPosted: Sat November 02, 2019 4:22 pm 
The Master

bune wrote:
Read that 'diet' book by Penn about how he lost 100 lbs and it had a lot in it to motivate me to trying harder. I've already lost 5 lbs and I'm finally <40 lbs from my goal after a long time being...over that. Got the fitbit Aria scale and it's actually pretty handy since it doesn't need you to do anything other than step on and it'll update all the stuff for you.

Doing the intermittant fasting where I eat from noon to five, and even then I don't eat a lot. Small fruit/vegetable thing for lunch and then a normal dinner with the fam. No straight candy in two weeks other than a high tea we went to for Halloween/MIL birthday. I ride my bike for 45 minutes a night on the trainer (it's getting too cold and wet out for anything else) and go to the gym for light weights in the morning.

At this rate I should be fighting fit by the new year. Provided I don't do anything stupid.

Intermittent fasting is great. I sleep so much better when i do it. not even to be hardcore about it, btu at least eating dinner by 6 pm and nothing until late morning the next day. I think that is the biggest secret to losing weight.

I came back from my vacation to the jungle super motivated to shed some pounds. Been going to spin classes three times a week, yoga 2-3 times a week, lighter eating, and less drinking. I feel fucking amazing right now.

I love spin. The high intensity training for 50-60 minutes is exactly what I need on a more regular basis. Its how i grew up training but got away from it when I moved to the mountains.

Once there is enough snow ill substitute a few days of skinning up a mountain for a more moderate consistent heart rate exercise.

can't wait.

PostPosted: Sat November 02, 2019 5:08 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Yeah I feel great and the scale says I'm losing weight but it also says my BMI is going up. what?

I can't wait until I can start some actual exercise (about a week or so) and can get moving more.

PostPosted: Sun November 03, 2019 1:17 am 
The Master

bune wrote:
Yeah I feel great and the scale says I'm losing weight but it also says my BMI is going up. what?

I can't wait until I can start some actual exercise (about a week or so) and can get moving more.

Fuck BMI.

Bullshit measurement from the days of old.

PostPosted: Sun November 03, 2019 1:58 am 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Strat wrote:
bune wrote:

Fuck BMI.

I know someone who would love to respond to this but can't

PostPosted: Sun November 03, 2019 2:38 am 
for those who
are not...shall be

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Strat wrote:
bune wrote:

Fuck BMI.

I know someone who would love to respond to this but can't

Verb is on probation ?

PostPosted: Sun November 03, 2019 4:44 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Strat wrote:
bune wrote:

Fuck BMI.

I agree, I just don't get it.

PostPosted: Tue November 05, 2019 1:12 am 
The Master

bune wrote:
Strat wrote:
bune wrote:

Fuck BMI.

You and me both buddy.

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2019 6:34 pm 
See you in another life, brother

Strat wrote:
bune wrote:
Strat wrote:
bune wrote:

Fuck BMI.

You and me both buddy.

Muscle is more dense than fat? BMI thinks that elite athletes with lots of muscle are obese.

PostPosted: Sat November 16, 2019 6:05 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

sure, let's go with "bune is putting on more muscle". :)

I'm almost to 200, so that's about 14 lbs in about 14 days. I've eaten one piece of Halloween candy but otherwise haven't touched the stuff. I've drunk two of the mango Pepsi's but then I saw the sugar content so I haven't touched them otherwise.

Tried to eat some fingerlings but they tasted acidic, don't know if it was because of how tiny they were or if they were just old.

Thanksgiving is going to be interesting.

PostPosted: Sat November 16, 2019 6:14 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

I've definitely put on weight over the last month as I've stopped running because of my foot injury. However, I'm finally back in the gym, doing some cardio on the bike and some light free weight work. But I think the biggest impact on cutting down the pounds I added on has been fasting and cutting back on booze.

My wife and I had a "date day" yesterday. We each had a couple of drinks but that was the first alcohol I've consumed in a week or so. It's amazing how quickly cutting back on drinking makes a noticeable difference.

PostPosted: Sun November 17, 2019 12:02 am 
for those who
are not...shall be

durdencommatyler wrote:
I've definitely put on weight over the last month as I've stopped running because of my foot injury. However, I'm finally back in the gym, doing some cardio on the bike and some light free weight work. But I think the biggest impact on cutting down the pounds I added on has been fasting and cutting back on booze.

My wife and I had a "date day" yesterday. We each had a couple of drinks but that was the first alcohol I've consumed in a week or so. It's amazing how quickly cutting back on drinking makes a noticeable difference.

A noticeable difference as to what?

A. How good your date night went
B. How drunk you got since it's been so long
C. BMI

PostPosted: Sun November 17, 2019 12:05 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

knee tunes wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

C. BMI

I gauge all of this in unwanted catcalls

PostPosted: Sun November 17, 2019 12:08 am 
for those who
are not...shall be

durdencommatyler wrote:
knee tunes wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

C. BMI

I suggest an Instagram account

PostPosted: Sun November 17, 2019 12:10 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

knee tunes wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
knee tunes wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

C. BMI

I suggest an Instagram account

which one?

PostPosted: Sun November 17, 2019 1:19 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

looks like i will have to totally cut out the cookies and brownies to get below 200

PostPosted: Sun November 17, 2019 1:25 am 
Production Police

Peeps wrote:

looks like i will have to totally cut out the cookies and brownies to get below 200

big fucking deal man, you've lost nearly 100 lbs since 2012 -- that's to be celebrated!

PostPosted: Fri December 13, 2019 8:00 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

So I didn't gain any weight over Thanksgiving but I've also plateaued in that I've been 204.x every day since then. That's two weeks. My only guess is that I cut back too far and my body is like dude wtf. So I'm going to keep at the intermittent fasting but I'm going to also up some intakes. I had thought that eating something smallish for lunch and then having a normal dinner would be enough to hamper the starvation thing but it doesn't look like it.

PostPosted: Tue December 17, 2019 4:55 am 
for those who
are not...shall be

doug rr wrote:
all day long..

PostPosted: Tue December 17, 2019 6:32 am 
mXn

When people say “lean meats” - can I get some examples? Does that basically mean “not a burger or heavily marbled steak?”

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2004 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 101  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports