The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2004 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 101  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Weight Loss Thread
PostPosted: Mon December 27, 2021 5:41 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

bada wrote:
lol nice transparent humble brag...

Simple Torture wrote:
Post your success and horror stories, before and after photos, tips and tricks, words of advice or pleas for assistance. We'll get through this together, everybody!

PostPosted: Mon December 27, 2021 5:50 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

Just goofing.

PostPosted: Mon December 27, 2021 5:55 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

What's your preferred method of hole puncturing on leather belts, mickey? I like using a mallet + ice pick.

PostPosted: Thu September 29, 2022 3:27 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Hey fellas, I had a quick question for you:

I challenged myself to lose 10 pounds and I have now lost about five pounds. I have noticed a change in my thighs, belly (thinner!) but not my face, which I was hoping to slim down a bit. Anyone have any thoughts on this? I just need the motivation to keep going! I am not overweight - just picky about my appearance sometimes. Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu September 29, 2022 5:48 pm 
The Master

Coach wrote:

I challenged myself to lose 10 pounds and I have now lost about five pounds. I have noticed a change in my thighs, belly (thinner!) but not my face, which I was hoping to slim down a bit. Anyone have any thoughts on this? I just need the motivation to keep going! I am not overweight - just picky about my appearance sometimes. Thanks!

Can’t really spot reduce fat. But still losing some in the belly so quickly is a big win.

PostPosted: Thu September 29, 2022 5:53 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

i have heard that the most effective way to lose targeted facial fat is to shove an eggplant up your ass

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Thu September 29, 2022 6:27 pm 
The Master

96583UP wrote:
i have heard that the most effective way to lose targeted facial fat is to shove an eggplant up your ass

PostPosted: Thu September 29, 2022 6:42 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Coach wrote:

Can’t really spot reduce fat. But still losing some in the belly so quickly is a big win.

Yeah, overall I feel lighter and thinner, so I'm just going to keep going with it

PostPosted: Thu September 29, 2022 7:33 pm 
The Master

Coach wrote:
Coach wrote:

Yeah, overall I feel lighter and thinner, so I'm just going to keep going with it

Baller moves.

PostPosted: Sat October 01, 2022 4:14 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Coach wrote:
Coach wrote:

Baller moves.

About a day after I made this post I finally started seeing some slimming on my face, I guess the motto is: stick with it.

PostPosted: Sun October 02, 2022 1:58 am 
The Master

Coach wrote:
Coach wrote:
Coach wrote:

Baller moves.

About a day after I made this post I finally started seeing some slimming on my face, I guess the motto is: stick with it.

Indeed. I can't remember how quickly my face slimmed down when I lost a lot of weight a few years ago, but I get wanting to see progress there more so than other areas.

Weirdly, I noticed my back lost fat pretty quickly.

PostPosted: Sun October 02, 2022 3:34 am 
Major Dude

Coach wrote:
Coach wrote:
Coach wrote:

Baller moves.

Indeed. I can't remember how quickly my face slimmed down when I lost a lot of weight a few years ago, but I get wanting to see progress there more so than other areas.

I’ve lost 14 lbs in the last few week. You can’t really tell it by looking at me but there’s a definite change when I put on my pants and belt.

My problem spots are face/jowls and underarms. Can’t seem to get any of that to lessen.

PostPosted: Sun October 02, 2022 11:40 am 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

Still early days, wease. Sounds like you're on a mission. Good shit.

PostPosted: Sun October 02, 2022 11:48 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

spike wrote:
96583UP wrote:

the sysTom works

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Sun October 02, 2022 6:31 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

wease wrote:
Coach wrote:
Coach wrote:
Coach wrote:

Baller moves.

I’ve lost 14 lbs in the last few week. You can’t really tell it by looking at me but there’s a definite change when I put on my pants and belt.

My problem spots are face/jowls and underarms. Can’t seem to get any of that to lessen.

I've only lost five pounds so the change that I finally noticed in my face is subtle but it was just enough motivation to keep me going. Most of the weight came off my thighs, neck, belly and shoulders. I am only 5-foot-8, 160 pounds so any weight loss is noticeable. My goal is 155 and I'll reevaluate once I get there.

Good luck, keep going. It will come off eventually.

PostPosted: Sun October 02, 2022 7:05 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

This is what happened to me. It's never happened before, but my face felt like it got bigger, more jiggly the more weight I lost. I think what happened is this: https://www.meno-power.com/menopause-we ... u-lose-it/

CONCLUSION : DOES FAT GET SOFTER BEFORE YOU LOSE IT?

Yes, your fat may start to feel softer and more jiggly as you start to lose bodyweight. However, it’s not due to some magic whoosh effect but can be several different things.

The bottom line though is that if you measure yourself, especially around the waist, and things are shrinking, you are moving your health in the right direction. Stick to a healthy diet with natural foods, low carbs and lean protein and you will start to see results.

Keep going and you will start to see more results on the scales and a gradual improvement in your health.

PostPosted: Sun October 02, 2022 7:23 pm 
The Master

We’re similar builds. I’d always been on the smaller side, but got in some meds 4 or so years ago and put in around 40 pounds in a year. It looked pretty bad with my small frame and 5’8 height as well. I’ve stayed around 145 pounds for over 18 months now. I know I could stand to put some more back on and some people act like I’m too small, but I’m good with where I am. Can’t get motivated to do strength training so some added pounds are muscle.

PostPosted: Sun October 02, 2022 8:00 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

I got divorced about two years ago and ate my feelings and only recently decided to lose the 10 pounds I gained.

PostPosted: Sun October 02, 2022 8:05 pm 
The Master

I’m sure it helped to achieve something in that context. Are you exercising also or just dieting?

PostPosted: Sun October 02, 2022 8:11 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Basically, I cut out almost all carbs and started working out again about five times a week. Nothing crazy. Just short, 20-30 min workouts as I know I'll stop if I overcommit. Keeping it simple. Alternating between cardio (elliptical machine) and basic weight lifting.

And, drinking a shit ton of water, which I read helps.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2004 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 101  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports