The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Weight Loss Thread
PostPosted: Wed December 28, 2016 8:56 pm 
Offline
Spambot
 Profile

Joined: Mon November 14, 2016 8:53 pm
Posts: 1
:wave: :thumbsup:

First time poster here...I recently went from around 270 (February 1) to 158 after battleing high sugar and graduating to type 2 diabetes, so I was able to eliminate the type 2 (in remission), and eliminate the meds, so now im diet controled with normal sugar levels.

Congratulations to all that has lost weght, I know full well the struggles of losing weight, I've battled weight issues my entire life ... it will be a lifelong battle for me...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weight Loss Thread
PostPosted: Wed December 28, 2016 8:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 49872
meltdown66 wrote:
:wave: :thumbsup:

First time poster here...I recently went from around 270 (February 1) to 158 after battleing high sugar and graduating to type 2 diabetes, so I was able to eliminate the type 2 (in remission), and eliminate the meds, so now im diet controled with normal sugar levels.

Congratulations to all that has lost weght, I know full well the struggles of losing weight, I've battled weight issues my entire life ... it will be a lifelong battle for me...

What was your plan of attack? Low carb? Paleo? I'm always curious how people who lose a lot over a short time (less than a year) do it.

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weight Loss Thread
PostPosted: Thu December 29, 2016 4:11 am 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 7:30 am
Posts: 8560
Location: here
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
meltdown66 wrote:
:wave: :thumbsup:

First time poster here...I recently went from around 270 (February 1) to 158 after battleing high sugar and graduating to type 2 diabetes, so I was able to eliminate the type 2 (in remission), and eliminate the meds, so now im diet controled with normal sugar levels.

Congratulations to all that has lost weght, I know full well the struggles of losing weight, I've battled weight issues my entire life ... it will be a lifelong battle for me...

What was your plan of attack? Low carb? Paleo? I'm always curious how people who lose a lot over a short time (less than a year) do it.


I once googled "how to lose weight fast" and it had all the answers. everymeal=meat+veg. no thank you sugar and carbs=good to go. carbs=less than 24grams a day. sounds hard but protein = not hungry= yay

_________________
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
i ran over a bird this morning :(


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weight Loss Thread
PostPosted: Fri January 06, 2017 12:26 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 50287
Location: Sector 7-G
This should be in GD, right? That's where the P90x thread was.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weight Loss Thread
PostPosted: Fri January 06, 2017 12:30 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 50287
Location: Sector 7-G
More on topic: Right now I'm just trying to stop eating like a pig. I've had a problem with portion control, and honestly Blue Apron is helping with that because it's like half as much as I'd normally eat but guess what I'm actually full when I finish it and there's seconds to be had.

Hopefully I can translate this in to non blue apron meals as well.

I'm mentally preparing to curtail carbs and sugar next. Man that is going to be tough.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weight Loss Thread
PostPosted: Fri January 06, 2017 4:23 pm 
Online
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 13910
Location: Mizzou
cutuphalfdead wrote:
More on topic: Right now I'm just trying to stop eating like a pig. I've had a problem with portion control, and honestly Blue Apron is helping with that because it's like half as much as I'd normally eat but guess what I'm actually full when I finish it and there's seconds to be had.

Hopefully I can translate this in to non blue apron meals as well.

I'm mentally preparing to curtail carbs and sugar next. Man that is going to be tough.


That sounds horrible. I hope you're not planning to completely cut them out.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weight Loss Thread
PostPosted: Fri January 06, 2017 4:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 49248
i haven't had a dr. pepper in over a week

_________________
Dev wrote:
just cuz im clinically depressed doesn't mean im not a total gangster.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weight Loss Thread
PostPosted: Fri January 06, 2017 4:55 pm 
Online
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 13910
Location: Mizzou
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
i haven't had a dr. pepper in over a week


I haven't had one in over an hour...

Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weight Loss Thread
PostPosted: Fri January 06, 2017 4:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 49248
Monkey_Driven wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
i haven't had a dr. pepper in over a week


I haven't had one in over an hour...

Image

how often do you indulge them?

_________________
Dev wrote:
just cuz im clinically depressed doesn't mean im not a total gangster.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weight Loss Thread
PostPosted: Fri January 06, 2017 4:58 pm 
Online
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 13910
Location: Mizzou
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
i haven't had a dr. pepper in over a week


I haven't had one in over an hour...

Image

how often do you indulge them?


I usually have a can in the morning and a can in the afternoon. I will get one at a fast food restaurant or a gas station if I am driving awhile too.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weight Loss Thread
PostPosted: Fri January 06, 2017 5:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 49248
Monkey_Driven wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
i haven't had a dr. pepper in over a week


I haven't had one in over an hour...

Image

how often do you indulge them?


I usually have a can in the morning and a can in the afternoon. I will get one at a fast food restaurant or a gas station if I am driving awhile too.

oh man you're the real dp addict here then

_________________
Dev wrote:
just cuz im clinically depressed doesn't mean im not a total gangster.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weight Loss Thread
PostPosted: Fri January 06, 2017 5:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 50287
Location: Sector 7-G
Monkey_Driven wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
More on topic: Right now I'm just trying to stop eating like a pig. I've had a problem with portion control, and honestly Blue Apron is helping with that because it's like half as much as I'd normally eat but guess what I'm actually full when I finish it and there's seconds to be had.

Hopefully I can translate this in to non blue apron meals as well.

I'm mentally preparing to curtail carbs and sugar next. Man that is going to be tough.


That sounds horrible. I hope you're not planning to completely cut them out.

They're the two things that make you fat.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weight Loss Thread
PostPosted: Fri January 06, 2017 5:33 pm 
Online
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 13910
Location: Mizzou
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
More on topic: Right now I'm just trying to stop eating like a pig. I've had a problem with portion control, and honestly Blue Apron is helping with that because it's like half as much as I'd normally eat but guess what I'm actually full when I finish it and there's seconds to be had.

Hopefully I can translate this in to non blue apron meals as well.

I'm mentally preparing to curtail carbs and sugar next. Man that is going to be tough.


That sounds horrible. I hope you're not planning to completely cut them out.

They're the two things that make you fat.


If you eat too much, yes. Cutting them completely out is a recipe for disaster when it comes to maintaining weight. It's just not realistic for the average American. I completely get trying to limit them though.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weight Loss Thread
PostPosted: Sun January 08, 2017 2:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:20 am
Posts: 2886
I lost about 25 pounds 4-5 years ago and have managed to maintain my weight by doing the following:

Breakfast - Starbucks iced coffee w/ plain croissant

Lunch - salad bar, everyday

Dinner - big dinner

For exercise, I do the weight loss option on the elliptical machine for 28 min 3x per week

Stress at work, in honesty, led me to eat less and that's really how I began to shed pounds. But once I started losing, I got super motivated and it kept going. I think the massive amount of caffeine I consume helps too.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weight Loss Thread
PostPosted: Sun January 08, 2017 6:53 pm 
Online
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 13910
Location: Mizzou
Coach wrote:
I lost about 25 pounds 4-5 years ago and have managed to maintain my weight by doing the following:

Breakfast - Starbucks iced coffee w/ plain croissant

Lunch - salad bar, everyday

Dinner - big dinner

For exercise, I do the weight loss option on the elliptical machine for 28 min 3x per week

Stress at work, in honesty, led me to eat less and that's really how I began to shed pounds. But once I started losing, I got super motivated and it kept going. I think the massive amount of caffeine I consume helps too.


I'm assuming you mix it up at the salad bar? Not sure I could eat the same thing for two meals every day.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weight Loss Thread
PostPosted: Mon January 09, 2017 5:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:55 pm
Posts: 8873
Location: An office full of assholes
Coach wrote:
For exercise, I do the weight loss option on the elliptical machine for 28 min 3x per week


OK, I'll bite: why not just round up to 30 minutes?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weight Loss Thread
PostPosted: Mon July 09, 2018 3:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 13466
Location: Cumberland, RI
I haven't been in this thread for 4 years or so, and in that time I fell back into some really bad habits. Lots of stuff happened: marriage, kids, more kids, job change, almost giving up on some very important life goals, getting ever-so-close to reaching those. But being healthy has become even more important with the little ones. Started making some good decisions six weeks ago and I'm down 17.6 pounds since then. I'm almost back to the weight I started at the first time I attempted a huge lifestyle revision. But I'm looking at that with positive eyes, not being too self-critical. And now that I'm doing this for the kids I feel like it's some added incentive to not fucking die. I'll keep you all posted.

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
lol


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weight Loss Thread
PostPosted: Mon July 09, 2018 3:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 49248
Simple Torture wrote:
I haven't been in this thread for 4 years or so, and in that time I fell back into some really bad habits. Lots of stuff happened: marriage, kids, more kids, job change, almost giving up on some very important life goals, getting ever-so-close to reaching those. But being healthy has become even more important with the little ones. Started making some good decisions six weeks ago and I'm down 17.6 pounds since then. I'm almost back to the weight I started at the first time I attempted a huge lifestyle revision. But I'm looking at that with positive eyes, not being too self-critical. And now that I'm doing this for the kids I feel like it's some added incentive to not fucking die. I'll keep you all posted.

god bless you

_________________
Dev wrote:
just cuz im clinically depressed doesn't mean im not a total gangster.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sun July 15, 2018 9:32 pm