Switch to full style
Discuss your hatred for the Yankees here.
Post a reply

Best time of year for Sports

Fri April 21, 2017 6:41 am

-Europeans and Aussies, please feel free to weigh in-

So,

NBA and NHL playoffs are happening in North America. MLB is nearly a month in. UEFA seems to be happening although I don't really know what that entails. Masters just happened. Etc Etc.

I think this beats out October/November for the best time of year for sports. I'd imagine college football and NFL fans will disagree with me here. Probably a lot of fans of perpetually competitive MLB fans as well.

Let's make a thread out of this, eh?

Re: Best time of year for Sports

Fri April 21, 2017 1:06 pm

Plus F1 is back

Fri April 21, 2017 1:13 pm

sports only bring pain and anguish. there is no good time of the year for sport.

Fri April 21, 2017 1:39 pm

Electromatic wrote:sports only bring pain and anguish. there is no good time of the year for sport.

So much this.

Sports are the absolute worst.

Fri April 21, 2017 1:59 pm

It's right now. All major soccer leagues going and NBA playoffs.

Fri April 21, 2017 2:37 pm

Either April or late October/early November. Definitely not July or early August.

Fri April 21, 2017 2:52 pm

Fall. Something about having cool air coming back, baseball playoffs and college football scratch me where I itch.

Fri April 21, 2017 3:15 pm

darth_vedder wrote:Fall. Something about having cool air coming back, baseball playoffs and college football scratch me where I itch.

Yeah, I'm leaning towards Fall too just because of college football and the days getting shorter. The Final Four/Masters/NBA playoffs makes a pretty good run right now though.

Fri April 21, 2017 3:21 pm

Baseball is the only sport that matters so it's September/October.

Fri April 21, 2017 8:18 pm

golf is practically year round these days

Fri April 21, 2017 8:32 pm

I was going to go with October/November too, but there's something about the regularity and sharp focus on baseball in July/August that is incredibly relaxing. Last summer, my wife and I put the baby down at 6:45 every night, switched on the ballgame, and just chilled. It was awesome. So it's between those two times of year for me.

Fri April 21, 2017 8:37 pm

I love watching sports. Especially football (soccer), motor sports, boxing (+ ufc) and winter sports. In addition other major events, like the olympics, the superbowl/NFL, UFC, tennis grand slams, golf majors, the Tour De France, playoffs in US sports (NBA/MLB/NHL), handball world championships, ice hockey world championships, and more.

In April-May and September-October, there is both the Premier League and other British football, Champions League, Norwegian football, Formula 1, Moto GP, several of the best boxing matches, and plenty of major tournaments. Still any time of year is good. In the winter there is the Premier League and winter sports (highest tv sport ratings all year in Norway), and in the summer I've got Norwegian football, F1/Moto GP, fighting, Tour De France, Wimbledon/French Open, etc.
Last edited by Anders on Fri April 21, 2017 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri April 21, 2017 8:55 pm

Simple Torture wrote:I was going to go with October/November too, but there's something about the regularity and sharp focus on baseball in July/August that is incredibly relaxing. Last summer, my wife and I put the baby down at 6:45 every night, switched on the ballgame, and just chilled. It was awesome. So it's between those two times of year for me.

August is only good if the Olympics are on. I'm not really a baseball fan anymore so sports are rarely on the TV for July and August. The weather is nice though so I don't really care.

Fri April 21, 2017 10:55 pm

bronco sundays and golf's 4 majors

Fri April 21, 2017 11:06 pm

March - June

March Madness, Master's, NBA/NHL Playoffs, start of MLB, NFL Draft, U.S. Open (golf), and at least one good boxing pay-per-view fight or a "free" fight on Showtime or HBO.

Sat April 22, 2017 3:59 am

September.

Football is back. Penant races. The weather is still nice.

Sat April 22, 2017 8:13 pm

First two weekends of October. MLB playoffs. College football with conference schedules starting. NFL entering the middle stretch. NHL starting. No NASCAR.

Sat April 22, 2017 8:25 pm

Coach wrote:March - June

March Madness, Master's, NBA/NHL Playoffs, start of MLB, NFL Draft, U.S. Open (golf), and at least one good boxing pay-per-view fight or a "free" fight on Showtime or HBO.

As much as I like football, I'd go with this too. Weather's getting nicer. Plus, the only time of year when I'd watch a horse race on tv.

Sat April 22, 2017 8:45 pm

I like those couple of days surrounding the MLB All-Star Game.

Sat April 22, 2017 8:51 pm

cutuphalfdead wrote:Baseball is the only sport that matters so it's September/October.

But baseball is practically a goddamn year long sport anymore. Sure you don't mean March through November?
Post a reply