The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post subject: Re: Post about your MLB fandom
PostPosted: Tue April 11, 2017 5:39 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Stadiums visited: coors field, mile high, old KC , old STL, anaheim, san diego, old/new yankee, mets, marlins, candlestick, oakland, rangers,
Cities visited:
States visited:
Miles traveled: Too many
Favorite stadium: coors
Worst stadium: Oakland
Most games you’ve attended in one season: around 60
Best position player you’ve seen: too hard..
Best pitcher you’ve seen: ryan probably
Best fans: no idea
Most annoying fans: yanks and red sox
Your favorite team: grew up a huge cards fan, loved to rockies when we got them, now I don't even watch
Favorite rivalry: cubs/dodgers
Seen your team win a World Series?: yes
Visited the Hall of Fame?: no
Seen a Hall of Fame induction ceremony?: no

PostPosted: Sat April 29, 2017 7:03 pm 
mXn

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Bammer wrote:
I think I'd like to change my best pitcher answer to Nolan Ryan.

Good move

This is why he didn't immediately come to mind. I was at this game:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/miscbaseba ... start/amp/

PostPosted: Sun April 30, 2017 2:55 pm 
Champion of RM

Stadiums visited: 11 - Sun Trust Park, Turner Field, Veterans Stadium, Citizens Bank Park, Shea Stadium, PNC Park, Wrigley Field, Camden Yards, Jacob's Field, New Yankee Stadium, US Cellular Field.
Cities visited: 7
States visited: 6
Miles traveled: ?
Favorite stadium: Hopefully Sun Trust Park
Worst stadium: Shea Stadium
Most games you’ve attended in one season: 4
Best position player you’ve seen: Chipper Jones (Ripken, Jeter and Piazza are the only other HoFers. Walker, Howard, Rollins, McCutchen and Bryant are the only other MVPs)
Best pitcher you’ve seen: Greg? Maddux (on one occasion Vs. Kerry Wood in 1998. That was the best pitching matchup that i've seen.)
Best fans: Nothing really stands out.
Most annoying fans: Phillies fans. I was at a Phillies v Pirates game and a few drunk fans were relentless to a Pirates dad and young son.
Your favorite team: Atlanta Braves
Favorite rivalry: Braves v Mets of the late 90s / early 2000s was fun. I was at that Mets instant classic game where they had a large comeback - it was one the first games in Shea following Rocker's anti NY rant.
Seen your team win a World Series?: In person? No. I turned down tickets to Game 4 in 1999.
Visited the Hall of Fame?: Not the museum.
Seen a Hall of Fame induction ceremony?: Yes - Maddux, Glavine and Cox. And Torre, LaRussa and Thomas
What would your at-bat walk up music be?: I would go crazy if I had to hear the same song 300 times

I'm officially starting my quest to see games in all 30 stadiums. I'll try to take one trip per season. I'm in Atlanta right now. I'm hoping for an early season road trip to San Diego in 2018.

How about a WhatIf theme of players you've seen in person?

PostPosted: Sat June 03, 2017 4:23 am 
mXn

CopperTom wrote:
Stadiums visited: 11 - Sun Trust Park, Turner Field, Veterans Stadium, Citizens Bank Park, Shea Stadium, PNC Park, Wrigley Field, Camden Yards, Jacob's Field, New Yankee Stadium, US Cellular Field.
Cities visited: 7
States visited: 6
Miles traveled: ?
Favorite stadium: Hopefully Sun Trust Park
Worst stadium: Shea Stadium
Most games you’ve attended in one season: 4
Best position player you’ve seen: Chipper Jones (Ripken, Jeter and Piazza are the only other HoFers. Walker, Howard, Rollins, McCutchen and Bryant are the only other MVPs)
Best pitcher you’ve seen: Greg? Maddux (on one occasion Vs. Kerry Wood in 1998. That was the best pitching matchup that i've seen.)
Best fans: Nothing really stands out.
Most annoying fans: Phillies fans. I was at a Phillies v Pirates game and a few drunk fans were relentless to a Pirates dad and young son.
Your favorite team: Atlanta Braves
Favorite rivalry: Braves v Mets of the late 90s / early 2000s was fun. I was at that Mets instant classic game where they had a large comeback - it was one the first games in Shea following Rocker's anti NY rant.
Seen your team win a World Series?: In person? No. I turned down tickets to Game 4 in 1999.
Visited the Hall of Fame?: Not the museum.
Seen a Hall of Fame induction ceremony?: Yes - Maddux, Glavine and Cox. And Torre, LaRussa and Thomas
What would your at-bat walk up music be?: I would go crazy if I had to hear the same song 300 times

I'm officially starting my quest to see games in all 30 stadiums. I'll try to take one trip per season. I'm in Atlanta right now. I'm hoping for an early season road trip to San Diego in 2018.

How about a WhatIf theme of players you've seen in person?

For a guy with a Braves logo as an avatar...

Spoiler: show
I am surprised 4 games is your most in one season

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports