The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Who wins?
Patriots 57%  57%  [ 13 ]
Falcons 43%  43%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 23
 Post subject: Re: Super Bowl LI: Belichick vs. Dimitroff/Pioli
PostPosted: Mon February 06, 2017 8:03 pm 
Poster of the Year

verb_to_trust wrote:
MVP Matt Ryan isn't going to win anything

It's just one game, how does that matter?

PostPosted: Tue February 07, 2017 1:47 am 
Gone

Oh? The super bowl was his first game?

PostPosted: Tue February 07, 2017 2:12 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

chud's saying that the regular season + his first two playoff games were an 18-game sample, and he was obviously the best player in the league over that span. One game doesn't change that, so Falcons fans shouldn't be so pissed.

PostPosted: Tue February 07, 2017 2:27 am 
Gone

All time choke cancels that out. Even if Ryan didn't do anything egregious. Not much of a chance to get back either with NFL parity the way it is.

PostPosted: Tue February 07, 2017 2:41 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

A stat no one's shared here, as far as I know: the Patriots led for exactly 0:00 seconds of the Super Bowl.

PostPosted: Tue February 07, 2017 2:57 am 
10Club Complaint Department

Simple Torture wrote:
A stat no one's shared here, as far as I know: the Patriots led for exactly 0:00 seconds of the Super Bowl.

Yeah, that's pretty crazy. Also, I love Tom Brady so much.

PostPosted: Tue February 07, 2017 3:36 am 
Rank This Poster

verb_to_trust wrote:
All time choke cancels that out. Even if Ryan didn't do anything egregious. Not much of a chance to get back either with NFL parity the way it is.

So because they scored fast and had a pick 6 leaving the e defense on the field for an hour and both OTs were hurt and the OC called a horrible game Matt Ryan blew it? He had a QBR of 144 I think.

Dan Quinn fucked up the time outs.

That was a series of absolutely insane impossible events and fucking luck that led to that comeback. A fucking heaping shitload of luck. If you want to shit on that go ahead. I wouldn't expect someone from Chicago to know anything about Quarterbacks anyway.

If you didn't think he was the MVP you didn't watch. I know you didn't because they weren't on nationally anyway.

Last edited by Electromatic on Tue February 07, 2017 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue February 07, 2017 3:42 am 
Gone

My point is who cares about the MVP. His team choked and now he has to face the reality that he missed his chance at a ring.

PostPosted: Tue February 07, 2017 3:43 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

on 3rd and 1 in your own half in the 4th quarter and you have a double digit lead you hand the ball off to a beefy fullback. if you don't get the first down you let the clock run and then you punt away to them

you don't risk the turnover, or stopping of the clock, by dropping your QB back to pass

not Matt Ryan's fault

Kyle Shanahan is too GenME to manage the clock like a grown-up. instead he has to dial up the 999 seam on 3rd and 1

the rest is histoire

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Tue February 07, 2017 3:44 am 
Rank This Poster

verb_to_trust wrote:
My point is who cares about the MVP. His team choked and now he has to face the reality that he missed his chance at a ring.

Oh you're right it's a hollow award that is useless until the career is over and you're concerned with the hall of fame or getting marketing spots I guess.

Take 3 knees and he's probably a champion right now.

Fuck

Last edited by Electromatic on Tue February 07, 2017 3:50 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue February 07, 2017 3:45 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

Ryan wasn't put into a winning position with Quinn/Shanahan 's game plan in the second half. They looked like they got their degrees from the Andy Reid School of Clock Management. There are very few plays I can think of where Ryan should've made different decisions.

PostPosted: Tue February 07, 2017 3:45 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

96583UP beat me to my point and I wasn't even taking a shit this time.

PostPosted: Tue February 07, 2017 3:47 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

Some early editions of the Boston Globe were printed with the wrong front page:

PostPosted: Tue February 07, 2017 3:50 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Simple Torture wrote:
Some early editions of the Boston Globe were printed with the wrong front page:

bit heeeim too

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Tue February 07, 2017 3:51 am 
Rank This Poster

Simple Torture wrote:
Ryan wasn't put into a winning position with Quinn/Shanahan 's game plan in the second half. They looked like they got their degrees from the Andy Reid School of Clock Management. There are very few plays I can think of where Ryan should've made different decisions.

Ironically Andy Reid embarrassed the Falcons coaches earlier this season at the end of the 1st half

PostPosted: Tue February 07, 2017 3:51 am 
Rank This Poster

Simple Torture wrote:

Ironically Andy Reid embarrassed the Falcons coaches earlier this season at the end of the 1st half

PostPosted: Tue February 07, 2017 3:52 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Simple Torture wrote:
96583UP beat me to my point and I wasn't even taking a shit this time.

i had you covered with the steady after-burner glow emitting from my ass due to super high fiber diet

PostPosted: Tue February 07, 2017 1:14 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Ryan could have done a better job avoiding a few of those sacks, but that loss is on Quinn/Shannahan. They blew it.

PostPosted: Tue February 07, 2017 4:25 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

No doubt luck played a key role here, but chalking it up to mostly/all luck is not accurate.

NE's strategy to keep the ball out of Matt Ryan's hands (93 plays vs. 46 for ATL) with lengthy, methodical drives, even when they were getting blown out and criticized for the slow pace (by me and the announcers), helped gas ATL's defense and that led to injuries on both sides of the ball. NE had played a Super Bowl in the same stadium and understood that the temp rises quickly in that building.

The "what if" game is also a slippery slope. Yes, Edelman's catch was improbable, but so was Tyree's that destroyed NE's chances for a perfect season. I guess the lesson is that you got to try to get into the Super Bowl as many times as possible, as the luck has a way of evening out.

PostPosted: Tue February 07, 2017 5:16 pm 
Rank This Poster

Coach wrote:
No doubt luck played a key role here, but chalking it up to mostly/all luck is not accurate.

NE's strategy to keep the ball out of Matt Ryan's hands (93 plays vs. 46 for ATL) with lengthy, methodical drives, even when they were getting blown out and criticized for the slow pace (by me and the announcers), helped gas ATL's defense and that led to injuries on both sides of the ball. NE had played a Super Bowl in the same stadium and understood that the temp rises quickly in that building.

The "what if" game is also a slippery slope. Yes, Edelman's catch was improbable, but so was Tyree's that destroyed NE's chances for a perfect season. I guess the lesson is that you got to try to get into the Super Bowl as many times as possible, as the luck has a way of evening out.

No one's chalking it up at all to only luck. That would be ridiculous. Tom Brady is awesome. But he wasn't for 3.5 quarters. The fact is the way the game played out, the Falcons were every bit as good. The pass rush wore down because they weren't converting 3rd down's like they had all year. They weren't... because the center had a fractured leg after having no injuries all year, the Left Tackle played his worst game of the year and the right tackle tore ligaments in his foot in the 2nd quarter. So after being healthy all year and dominating through the playoffs, they cratered. The Falcons lost this game on the offensive line of scrimmage. It still took an unbelievable turn of circumstances for them to lose. I doubt highly that the plan was for Brady to throw it 60 times. (and the world will never know it but Grady Jarrett set a super bowl record for sacks) The Pats had zero running game but White was amazing and so was Brady at hitting the intermediate routes once the Falcons went back to the 3 deep. What they did well was convert 3rd downs against a young secondary, and they got lucky that offensive holding wasn't called much in the 2nd half allowing TE's and receivers to free up runners. (It was a well called game, not blaming this on the refs or anything, just a style thing and both teams did some of it) After Julio Jones catch, they have the ball on the 23 with what 4 or 5 minutes? If the Falcons kick a field goal from the 30 yard line with one of the more accurate kickers in the game... they win. Instead, they try for some ungodly reason to pass from a shotgun against a defensive stunt and set into place a chain of goddamn events the likes of which we will probably never see again.

There's no logical reason for the Patriots to have won that game. None. They have no fucking business having a parade today. There was no real choke in that game though, If you want to blame any one thing, you're right, the overall way Brady orchestrated the offense wearing down the defense (that everyone said was horrible before the game) and the Falcons couldn't convert 3rd downs that Matt Ryan did as well as anyone all year. The only real reason he didn't was the health of the offensive line 5 sacks in 30 something dropbacks for the Pats. That's very good, but even then, the holding penalty, strip sack. They're still in position to win and they didn't because Goddamn Atlanta that's why.

I'll never get over this

Every fucking ESPN employee can fucking die of cancer now.

Nevermind Fuck it I'm over it.

Last edited by Electromatic on Tue February 07, 2017 6:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports