The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1828 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92  Next

Who will WIN Super Bowl LI?
Patriots 64%  64%  [ 7 ]
Falcons 36%  36%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 11
 Post subject: Re: 2016 NFL Season
PostPosted: Wed January 25, 2017 5:21 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Coach wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Well, Dallas had the best regular season in the NFC over a grueling 16-game schedule, so really there's no reason for them to feel bad or for fans to care if they don't win the Super Bowl in the high-variance situation that is the playoffs. They're obviouslt the best.

It just reminds me of when the Bruins (NHL) won that stupid trophy for best record in the regular season and then lost in the first round. Just think you need to hold a team like Dallas accountable. It performed at a high level all season long and then took a dump at home in the playoffs after a bye. And then to see the team it lost to take another dump itself to the No. 2 seed.

I'd actually be pretty pissed if I was a Dallas fan. And I like Dallas. Bob Kraft leaned heavily on Jones when Kraft entered the league and I partially attribute some of NE's success to learning from and adapting some of Dallas' business and on-the-field work, dating back to the glory days of the 90s.

So at this point, I'm exiting the argument, but respect everyone's view points of view on this.

::sigh::, chud would've gotten this joke but he doesn't like football.

PostPosted: Wed January 25, 2017 5:35 pm 
Future Drummer

Accountable? For what? Losing by three points to fucking Aaron Rodgers with a rookie backfield and virtually no good defensive players? You're talking out of your ass here, Coach.

PostPosted: Wed January 25, 2017 8:03 pm 
See you in another life, brother

Orpheus wrote:
Accountable? For what? Losing by three points to fucking Aaron Rodgers with a rookie backfield and virtually no good defensive players? You're talking out of your ass here, Coach.

You must always BLAME THE LOSING TEAM!!!! It's never okay to celebrate the success of the victorious team or to recall that even in epic playoff games one team has to lose.

PostPosted: Wed January 25, 2017 10:53 pm 
Gone

Saying 'but rookie backfield' is a lame ass excuse when Elliot was clearly the best RB in the league and Dak played at a pro bowl level.

PostPosted: Wed January 25, 2017 11:00 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Simple Torture wrote:
Coach wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Well, Dallas had the best regular season in the NFC over a grueling 16-game schedule, so really there's no reason for them to feel bad or for fans to care if they don't win the Super Bowl in the high-variance situation that is the playoffs. They're obviouslt the best.

It just reminds me of when the Bruins (NHL) won that stupid trophy for best record in the regular season and then lost in the first round. Just think you need to hold a team like Dallas accountable. It performed at a high level all season long and then took a dump at home in the playoffs after a bye. And then to see the team it lost to take another dump itself to the No. 2 seed.

I'd actually be pretty pissed if I was a Dallas fan. And I like Dallas. Bob Kraft leaned heavily on Jones when Kraft entered the league and I partially attribute some of NE's success to learning from and adapting some of Dallas' business and on-the-field work, dating back to the glory days of the 90s.

So at this point, I'm exiting the argument, but respect everyone's view points of view on this.

::sigh::, chud would've gotten this joke but he doesn't like football.

I had a feeling there was some sarcasm and a joke in your post, and to be honest, I never knew that chud didn't watch football. clearly, he's a baseball driven guy.

PostPosted: Thu January 26, 2017 3:53 am 
slower than 82% of US

the storyline of goodell possibly having to hand the lombardi trophy to brady is kinda dumb; they hand the trophy to the owner first.

PostPosted: Thu January 26, 2017 4:11 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

Mecca wrote:
the storyline of goodell possibly having to hand the lombardi trophy to brady is kinda dumb; they hand the trophy to the owner first.

The commish usually presents the MVP trophy to the Super Bowl MVP, or am I misremembering that?

Either way, it is stupid, considering that Brady most likely asked for his footballs to be deflated and got caught and then got suspended. Who gives a fuck? Every NFL team has 4-5 guys who have been suspended in the past for PEDs and every front office tries to get away with breaking rules, so I'm glad no one cares to make the argument that one team's championship is more legitimate than the other.

PostPosted: Thu January 26, 2017 4:46 am 
The Master

dallas didn't "take a dump" guys. hell of a game; they'll be a force for years.

PostPosted: Thu January 26, 2017 11:55 am 
Mind Your Tanners

spike wrote:
dallas didn't "take a dump" guys. hell of a game; they'll be a force for years.

Jerry Jones will prob figure out a way to undermine them before they become a force for years.

PostPosted: Thu January 26, 2017 2:49 pm 
Rank This Poster

Thursday Night NFL Football is horrible. The quality of the games is horrible overall and it's degrading the quality of the NFL in general. I get that they like the money, but the product is bad Roger, start admitting that.

You want to do it for Thanksgiving and kick off classic's fine. Not every freaking week.

PostPosted: Thu January 26, 2017 3:04 pm 
The Master

Electromatic wrote:
Thursday Night NFL Football is horrible. The quality of the games is horrible overall and it's degrading the quality of the NFL in general. I get that they like the money, but the product is bad Roger, start admitting that.

You want to do it for Thanksgiving and kick off classic's fine. Not every freaking week.

Completely agree. :nice:

PostPosted: Thu January 26, 2017 3:16 pm 
Site Admin

Simple Torture wrote:
The commish usually presents the MVP trophy to the Super Bowl MVP, or am I misremembering that?
I rewatched the Super Bowl 50 ceremony ( :luv: ) and no one handed out any separate MVP trophy. The Lombardi just got passed around in the order of: Goodell, Joe Ellis, John Elway, Gary Kubiak, Von Miller (MVP), Peyton Manning. Looks like Goodell has an out on precedent if he wants to use it.

PostPosted: Thu January 26, 2017 3:17 pm 
Site Admin

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Electromatic wrote:

Completely agree. :nice:
If you're going to do them every week, at least add an extra bye and design the schedule so everyone has ten days on both ends of the game. You also get an extra week of football to sell ads for.

PostPosted: Thu January 26, 2017 3:30 pm 
slower than 82% of US

Green Habit wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
I rewatched the Super Bowl 50 ceremony ( :luv: ) and no one handed out any separate MVP trophy. The Lombardi just got passed around in the order of: Goodell, Joe Ellis, John Elway, Gary Kubiak, Von Miller (MVP), Peyton Manning. Looks like Goodell has an out on precedent if he wants to use it.

Do you have that ceremony on loop in your house?

PostPosted: Thu January 26, 2017 3:35 pm 
Site Admin

Mecca wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Do you have that ceremony on loop in your house?
Nah, though I probably should build a loop of all the times Cam Newton was sacked in that game.

PostPosted: Thu January 26, 2017 4:55 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Green Habit wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

I can't find a video on YouTube, but I think they do it in a press room after the on-field celebrations and stuff. But, honestly, this could've been ages ago--I might be thinking of Super Bowl 38.

PostPosted: Thu January 26, 2017 4:58 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

How drunk will Peyton Manning get watching Brady win yet another Super Bowl + SB MVP title? Drunk enough to hit his kids?

PostPosted: Thu January 26, 2017 5:00 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

durdencommatyler wrote:
How drunk will Peyton Manning get watching Brady win yet another Super Bowl + SB MVP title? Drunk enough to hit his kids?

Drunk enough to teabag someone.

PostPosted: Thu January 26, 2017 5:04 pm 
Polluted

Simple Torture wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

I can't find a video on YouTube, but I think they do it in a press room after the on-field celebrations and stuff. But, honestly, this could've been ages ago--I might be thinking of Super Bowl 38.

I think it might've even been he next day for SB49.

PostPosted: Thu January 26, 2017 5:16 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Guys, we're confused about which of the three times Brady has been named SB MVP that we're remembering lololololol

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1828 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports