The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 760 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Will he be a Hall of Famer?
PostPosted: Tue November 17, 2020 12:29 am 
Offline
User avatar
I Have A Third Nipple
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 19094
Location: Cumberland, RI
On first pass, I don't think I'd vote for any of the newly eligible players. Of course I'd vote for all the steroid-era greats.

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
lol


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Will he be a Hall of Famer?
PostPosted: Tue November 17, 2020 12:37 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 57359
Location: September 2020 Poster of the Month
Simple Torture wrote:
On first pass, I don't think I'd vote for any of the newly eligible players. Of course I'd vote for all the steroid-era greats.

same


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Will he be a Hall of Famer?
PostPosted: Tue November 17, 2020 1:02 am 
Offline
User avatar
I Have A Third Nipple
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 19094
Location: Cumberland, RI
Two* first-ballot HOFers next year, though.

*But A-Rod's not getting in.

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
lol


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Will he be a Hall of Famer?
PostPosted: Tue November 17, 2020 1:42 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 70981
bonds and arod should get in...pete rose should not

_________________
Dev wrote:
I was abused by mods


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Will he be a Hall of Famer?
PostPosted: Tue November 17, 2020 2:28 am 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 1:53 pm
Posts: 17226
Location: FM radio
I have a lot of love for Nick Swisher. He's not a Hall of Famer, obviously, but I would vote for him all the same


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Will he be a Hall of Famer?
PostPosted: Tue November 17, 2020 2:36 am 
Offline
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 32035
Location: the beach
i always give a nod to and appreciate a good switch hitter with some pop in his bat


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Will he be a Hall of Famer?
PostPosted: Tue November 17, 2020 2:37 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 70981
doug rr wrote:
i always give a nod to and appreciate a good switch hitter with some pop in his bat

can you word that a little differently so that i can post it in the take quotes out of context thread?

_________________
Dev wrote:
I was abused by mods


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Will he be a Hall of Famer?
PostPosted: Tue November 17, 2020 2:37 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 70981
nevermind i don't care anymore

_________________
Dev wrote:
I was abused by mods


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Will he be a Hall of Famer?
PostPosted: Tue November 17, 2020 2:39 am 
Offline
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 32035
Location: the beach
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
nevermind i don't care anymore

hoping you sleep well tonight


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Will he be a Hall of Famer?
PostPosted: Tue November 17, 2020 8:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 4161
The Argonaut wrote:
I have a lot of love for Nick Swisher. He's not a Hall of Famer, obviously, but I would vote for him all the same


He's roughly as worthy as Harold Baines.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Will he be a Hall of Famer?
PostPosted: Wed November 18, 2020 2:21 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 70981
doug rr wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
nevermind i don't care anymore

hoping you sleep well tonight

so-so

_________________
Dev wrote:
I was abused by mods


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Will he be a Hall of Famer?
PostPosted: Sun January 03, 2021 2:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I Have A Third Nipple
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 19094
Location: Cumberland, RI
::barf:: (at the quoted ballot, not Olney's response):


_________________
McParadigm wrote:
lol


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Will he be a Hall of Famer?
PostPosted: Sun January 03, 2021 2:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I Have A Third Nipple
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 19094
Location: Cumberland, RI
Also, call me crazy, but I think Pettitte is a fringe candidate. Lack of major awards probably keeps him out but he had a solid career, great postseason career.

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
lol


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Will he be a Hall of Famer?
PostPosted: Sun January 03, 2021 6:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 1:53 pm
Posts: 17226
Location: FM radio
Simple Torture wrote:
Also, call me crazy, but I think Pettitte is a fringe candidate. Lack of major awards probably keeps him out but he had a solid career, great postseason career.

Pettitte has HGH on his resume, though


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Will he be a Hall of Famer?
PostPosted: Sun January 03, 2021 7:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I Have A Third Nipple
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 19094
Location: Cumberland, RI
The Argonaut wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Also, call me crazy, but I think Pettitte is a fringe candidate. Lack of major awards probably keeps him out but he had a solid career, great postseason career.

Pettitte has HGH on his resume, though

This is true (I forgot about it during my initial post, but remembered in the interim). Still, his name never really gets thrown around--I'd probably vote for him in a down year.

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
lol


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Will he be a Hall of Famer?
PostPosted: Sun January 03, 2021 8:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 1:53 pm
Posts: 17226
Location: FM radio
This is a down year if ever I saw it. I bet Bonds and Clemens get in, at least in part because the alternative to voting for them is voting for no one.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Will he be a Hall of Famer?
PostPosted: Sun January 03, 2021 8:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I Have A Third Nipple
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 19094
Location: Cumberland, RI
The Argonaut wrote:
This is a down year if ever I saw it. I bet Bonds and Clemens get in, at least in part because the alternative to voting for them is voting for no one.

Nah, I don't think anyone new gets in this year. They've still got to run an induction ceremony for last year, right? That'll make it not an empty ceremony.

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
lol


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Will he be a Hall of Famer?
PostPosted: Sun January 03, 2021 10:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 1:53 pm
Posts: 17226
Location: FM radio
Simple Torture wrote:
The Argonaut wrote:
This is a down year if ever I saw it. I bet Bonds and Clemens get in, at least in part because the alternative to voting for them is voting for no one.

Nah, I don't think anyone new gets in this year. They've still got to run an induction ceremony for last year, right? That'll make it not an empty ceremony.

That's a good point. And it will be highlighted by Saint Jeter. They might not want to muck up the holiness of the day with sinners like Bonds & Clemens.
My personal ballot this year would be for Nick Swisher and only Nick Swisher, I think.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Will he be a Hall of Famer?
PostPosted: Mon January 04, 2021 5:38 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:02 am
Posts: 20431
Location: Gigatown
Simple Torture wrote:
::barf:: (at the quoted ballot, not Olney's response):


This idiot should never be given the opportunity to vote again.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Will he be a Hall of Famer?
PostPosted: Mon January 04, 2021 11:22 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 4161
Scott Rolen is an easy yes.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 760 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sun February 28, 2021 10:18 am