The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 690 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Will he be a Hall of Famer?
PostPosted: Mon December 09, 2019 4:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Site Admin
 Profile

Joined: Wed December 12, 2012 10:33 pm
Posts: 6472
Very stoked to see Marvin Miller get in.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Will he be a Hall of Famer?
PostPosted: Tue January 21, 2020 11:37 pm 
Online
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 4122
Walker's in and someone didn't vote for Jeter. It's a good day.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Will he be a Hall of Famer?
PostPosted: Tue January 21, 2020 11:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 63733
Next year could be the year for Schilling, Bonds or Clemens. The only newbs on the list next year aren't locks.

Also, lol who didn't vote for Jeter?

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Will he be a Hall of Famer?
PostPosted: Tue January 21, 2020 11:43 pm 
Offline
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 29783
Location: the beach
Good on Larry


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Will he be a Hall of Famer?
PostPosted: Tue January 21, 2020 11:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 41575
Location: 6000 feet beyond man and time.
Was Schilling a steroid guy? I can't remember. Or is he just too unlikable? Seems like he should get in.

_________________
verily, if life had no sense, and had I to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me also.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Will he be a Hall of Famer?
PostPosted: Tue January 21, 2020 11:44 pm 
Online
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 4122
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Next year could be the year for Schilling, Bonds or Clemens. The only newbs on the list next year aren't locks.

Also, lol who didn't vote for Jeter?


While not voting for an obvious candidate is always dumb, I like that it happened purely because some New York media guy voted for ONLY Jeter. I hope whoever it was did it specifically because of that dipshit.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Will he be a Hall of Famer?
PostPosted: Tue January 21, 2020 11:45 pm 
Online
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 4122
BurtReynolds wrote:
Was Schilling a steroid guy? I can't remember. Or is he just too unlikable? Seems like he should get in.


Just an asshole, I think.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Will he be a Hall of Famer?
PostPosted: Wed January 22, 2020 12:14 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:55 pm
Posts: 12733
Location: An office full of assholes
if greg maddux wasn't a unanimous vote, then neither should no-range jeter.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Will he be a Hall of Famer?
PostPosted: Wed January 22, 2020 12:22 am 
Offline
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 29783
Location: the beach
Chris_H_2 wrote:
if greg maddux wasn't a unanimous vote, then neither should no-range jeter.

oh, you're just mad he didn't sign with michigan and went pro instead


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Will he be a Hall of Famer?
PostPosted: Wed January 22, 2020 12:27 am 
Offline
User avatar
I Have A Third Nipple
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 17985
Location: Cumberland, RI
philpritchard wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
Was Schilling a steroid guy? I can't remember. Or is he just too unlikable? Seems like he should get in.


Just an asshole, I think.

Curt Schilling owes my state $75 million, AMA

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
lol


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Will he be a Hall of Famer?
PostPosted: Wed January 22, 2020 12:29 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:55 pm
Posts: 12733
Location: An office full of assholes
doug rr wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
if greg maddux wasn't a unanimous vote, then neither should no-range jeter.

oh, you're just mad he didn't sign with michigan and went pro instead

we played kalamazoo central my junior year of high school baseball (we lost in the state finals that year). jeter hit an hr that had to have an exit velocity of 110 mph. i'm not sure if it ever landed.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Will he be a Hall of Famer?
PostPosted: Wed January 22, 2020 10:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I Have A Third Nipple
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 17985
Location: Cumberland, RI
It's finally happening. Fire away:


_________________
McParadigm wrote:
lol


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Will he be a Hall of Famer?
PostPosted: Wed January 22, 2020 10:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:21 am
Posts: 2821
Simple Torture wrote:
It's finally happening. Fire away:


He is not a Hall of Famer in anyway imaginable. He was at best a top ten quarterback in any year, had two great playoff runs and that's it.

_________________
Think I’m going to try being kind to everyone a chance.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Will he be a Hall of Famer?
PostPosted: Wed January 22, 2020 10:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:55 pm
Posts: 12733
Location: An office full of assholes
Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Will he be a Hall of Famer?
PostPosted: Thu January 23, 2020 6:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:53 pm
Posts: 11102
I'm a Giants fan. If someone says Eli is a Hall of Famer I don't have an issue with it. If someone says he isn't a Hall of Famer I don't have a problem with it. Guy had the weirdest career ever. In his favor he didn't just have two good Super Bowl runs. They were all time runs where he beat all time QBs, great defenses on teams with great records. If you compare his Super Bowl run numbers to his no brainer Hall of Famer brother he destroys Payton. Eli won those Super Bowls. Payton was along for the ride. There were a number of years there were he had all sorts of 4th quarter comebacks. Plaxico shooting himself in the ass probably cost him another Super Bowl run. That team was on fire that year. People forget that season. He just should have retired 5 years ago.

He also made me want to put my head through the wall all the time so if you think he sucks I don't blame you. The names I've called that guy over the years....


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Will he be a Hall of Famer?
PostPosted: Thu January 30, 2020 6:35 am 
Offline
User avatar
Not as great as you think
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Posts: 14434
Location: Growing dick, fixing and filing things.
bada wrote:
I'm a Giants fan. If someone says Eli is a Hall of Famer I don't have an issue with it. If someone says he isn't a Hall of Famer I don't have a problem with it. Guy had the weirdest career ever. In his favor he didn't just have two good Super Bowl runs. They were all time runs where he beat all time QBs, great defenses on teams with great records. If you compare his Super Bowl run numbers to his no brainer Hall of Famer brother he destroys Payton. Eli won those Super Bowls. Payton was along for the ride. There were a number of years there were he had all sorts of 4th quarter comebacks. Plaxico shooting himself in the ass probably cost him another Super Bowl run. That team was on fire that year. People forget that season. He just should have retired 5 years ago.

He also made me want to put my head through the wall all the time so if you think he sucks I don't blame you. The names I've called that guy over the years....

Name names

_________________
PM me for tips on writing a great signature.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Will he be a Hall of Famer?
PostPosted: Thu January 30, 2020 1:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Calibrating
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 83620
Location: everybody needs to stop bragging about their mountains
bada wrote:
I'm a Giants fan. If someone says Eli is a Hall of Famer I don't have an issue with it. If someone says he isn't a Hall of Famer I don't have a problem with it. Guy had the weirdest career ever. In his favor he didn't just have two good Super Bowl runs. They were all time runs where he beat all time QBs, great defenses on teams with great records. If you compare his Super Bowl run numbers to his no brainer Hall of Famer brother he destroys Payton. Eli won those Super Bowls. Payton was along for the ride. There were a number of years there were he had all sorts of 4th quarter comebacks. Plaxico shooting himself in the ass probably cost him another Super Bowl run. That team was on fire that year. People forget that season. He just should have retired 5 years ago.

Not being a huge Giants fan per se but living in NYC since 2007, and so seeing a lot of Giants football over the years, I totally agree everything you said here.

Personally, I think those 2 rings are enough to earn him a spot. But if that doesn't end up happening I'm certainly not gonna get upset about it. It'll happen or it won't and I probably won't really notice either way. :lol:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Will he be a Hall of Famer?
PostPosted: Thu January 30, 2020 1:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:55 pm
Posts: 12733
Location: An office full of assholes
I hate that super bowls are a criterion for induction. let’s be honest, in Eli’s case, if David Tyree doesn’t make one of the best catches in super bowl history we’re not talking about Eli and the HOF. Think about that: that’s one play and the difference between someone that is and is not in the HOF. One play, one catch.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Will he be a Hall of Famer?
PostPosted: Thu January 30, 2020 3:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:53 pm
Posts: 11102
Chris_H_2 wrote:
I hate that super bowls are a criterion for induction. let’s be honest, in Eli’s case, if David Tyree doesn’t make one of the best catches in super bowl history we’re not talking about Eli and the HOF. Think about that: that’s one play and the difference between someone that is and is not in the HOF. One play, one catch.



Thats sports though right? Ray Allen and Kyrie Irving each miss a shot LeBron has one title.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Will he be a Hall of Famer?
PostPosted: Thu January 30, 2020 5:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 23346
Location: Mizzou
Was Eli ever considered a top 8 qb in the league during his career?


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 690 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: philpritchard and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Fri August 07, 2020 10:21 am