The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 808 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 41  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Fantasy Baseball: Mark Bellhorn Memorial League & RM League
PostPosted: Tue January 29, 2013 11:46 pm 
Offline
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 16, 2013 4:04 am
Posts: 485
ima kick all your asses!


Last edited by Charlie on Thu January 31, 2013 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Baseball: Mark Bellhorn Memorial League
PostPosted: Wed January 30, 2013 12:13 am 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:44 pm
Posts: 8113
Location: Franklin, MA
I thought we were just going to hijack RM's league thread again.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Baseball: Mark Bellhorn Memorial League
PostPosted: Wed January 30, 2013 12:21 am 
Offline
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 16, 2013 4:04 am
Posts: 485
fuck that shit. :haha:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Baseball: Mark Bellhorn Memorial League
PostPosted: Wed January 30, 2013 12:26 am 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:44 pm
Posts: 8113
Location: Franklin, MA
I'm really conflicted on my 3rd keeper.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Baseball: Mark Bellhorn Memorial League
PostPosted: Wed January 30, 2013 1:04 am 
Offline
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 16, 2013 4:04 am
Posts: 485
numbers wrote:
I'm really conflicted on my 3rd keeper.


part of me wishes i could keep 6 or 7. the other part of me wishes i could scrap the whole mess.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Baseball: Mark Bellhorn Memorial League
PostPosted: Wed January 30, 2013 1:05 am 
Offline
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 16, 2013 4:04 am
Posts: 485
also, i know its way early, but what was the last we heard about the replacement GMs?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Baseball: Mark Bellhorn Memorial League
PostPosted: Wed January 30, 2013 1:40 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 49857
Location: Sector 7-G
Charlie wrote:
also, i know its way early, but what was the last we heard about the replacement GMs?

The first is my brother, who many of you know from his brief time here at RM.

Image

The second is WBZ's Jeff Brown. He's an all around good guy in the newsroom, and has an encyclopedic knowledge of baseball.

Image

Both have been explained why the other two teams have been kicked out of the league, and what is expected of them throughout the season.


Last edited by cutuphalfdead on Wed January 30, 2013 1:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Baseball: Mark Bellhorn Memorial League
PostPosted: Wed January 30, 2013 1:40 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 49857
Location: Sector 7-G
numbers wrote:
I thought we were just going to hijack RM's league thread again.

That's what I was counting on.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Baseball: Mark Bellhorn Memorial League
PostPosted: Wed January 30, 2013 1:49 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 49857
Location: Sector 7-G
By the way, I fucking love the name of this league.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Baseball: Mark Bellhorn Memorial League
PostPosted: Wed January 30, 2013 1:58 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 13337
Location: Cumberland, RI
cutuphalfdead wrote:
By the way, I fucking love the name of this league.


Seconded. I actually ran to Wikipedia to see if he was actually dead.

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
A+


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Baseball: Mark Bellhorn Memorial League
PostPosted: Wed January 30, 2013 1:59 am 
Offline
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 16, 2013 4:04 am
Posts: 485
fear the beard! who gets what team? can they have mine instead? lol.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Baseball: Mark Bellhorn Memorial League
PostPosted: Wed January 30, 2013 1:59 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 49857
Location: Sector 7-G
Simple Torture wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
By the way, I fucking love the name of this league.


Seconded. I actually ran to Wikipedia to see if he was actually dead.

:hooray:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Baseball: Mark Bellhorn Memorial League
PostPosted: Wed January 30, 2013 2:01 am 
Offline
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 16, 2013 4:04 am
Posts: 485
cutuphalfdead wrote:
numbers wrote:
I thought we were just going to hijack RM's league thread again.

That's what I was counting on.


they can come to us instead.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Baseball: Mark Bellhorn Memorial League
PostPosted: Wed January 30, 2013 2:01 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 49857
Location: Sector 7-G
Charlie wrote:
fear the beard! who gets what team? can they have mine instead? lol.

The vacated teams were assigned to the new GMs randomly. I went to check how I assigned them but ESPN has fantasy baseball down for maintenance right now. I think Jeff Brown got the team with Trout.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Baseball: Mark Bellhorn Memorial League
PostPosted: Wed January 30, 2013 2:03 am 
Offline
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 16, 2013 4:04 am
Posts: 485
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Charlie wrote:
fear the beard! who gets what team? can they have mine instead? lol.

The vacated teams were assigned to the new GMs randomly. I went to check how I assigned them but ESPN has fantasy baseball down for maintenance right now. I think Jeff Brown got the team with Trout.


that lucky bastard.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Baseball: Mark Bellhorn Memorial League
PostPosted: Wed January 30, 2013 2:05 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 49857
Location: Sector 7-G
Charlie wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Charlie wrote:
fear the beard! who gets what team? can they have mine instead? lol.

The vacated teams were assigned to the new GMs randomly. I went to check how I assigned them but ESPN has fantasy baseball down for maintenance right now. I think Jeff Brown got the team with Trout.


that lucky bastard.

I mean...he made and offseason trade with me, Trout for Napoli. Yeah, that's it.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Baseball: Mark Bellhorn Memorial League
PostPosted: Wed January 30, 2013 2:09 am 
Offline
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 16, 2013 4:04 am
Posts: 485
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Charlie wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Charlie wrote:
fear the beard! who gets what team? can they have mine instead? lol.

The vacated teams were assigned to the new GMs randomly. I went to check how I assigned them but ESPN has fantasy baseball down for maintenance right now. I think Jeff Brown got the team with Trout.


that lucky bastard.

I mean...he made and offseason trade with me, Trout for Napoli. Yeah, that's it.
:finger:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Baseball: Mark Bellhorn Memorial League
PostPosted: Wed January 30, 2013 2:09 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 49857
Location: Sector 7-G
Charlie wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Charlie wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Charlie wrote:
fear the beard! who gets what team? can they have mine instead? lol.

The vacated teams were assigned to the new GMs randomly. I went to check how I assigned them but ESPN has fantasy baseball down for maintenance right now. I think Jeff Brown got the team with Trout.


that lucky bastard.

I mean...he made and offseason trade with me, Trout for Napoli. Yeah, that's it.
:finger:

Hey, this was before anyone knew he had Bo Jackson syndrome!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Baseball: Mark Bellhorn Memorial League
PostPosted: Wed January 30, 2013 2:15 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 49857
Location: Sector 7-G
Here's the draft order for this season:

The top 6 draft picks for next year are awarded to those who finished best cumulatively in the consolation ladder.

First: Jose Chung's Outer Space (Me) with a record of 40-8
Second: Los Pollos Hermanos (Pat McGregor) with a record of 38-10
Third: Jean Claude Van Damned (Josh Yellin) with a record of 26-22
Fourth: Fighting Amish (Rod Fritz) with a record of 24-24

Fifth: New Team X
Sixth: New Team Y

(Of those two a coin flip will determine which new team goes where)

Picks 7 and 8 are awarded to the two worst teams in the playoff brackett, with the 7th pick going to the team with the best record cumulatively from the two consolation weeks they played.

Seventh: Team Willis (Kris Willis) with a record of 18-2-1
Eighth: The Dude Abides (Adam Burns) with a record of 7-13-1

The rest of the teams played for money, so those draft picks are awarded in reverse order of what place they finished in the bracket.

Ninth: Bobby Valentine (Charlie Morris)
Tenth: Ichi Ruddo (Chris Barr)
Eleventh: Vanilla Thunder (Chris Citorik)
Twelvth: Sour Melkman (Kev Shea)


Last edited by cutuphalfdead on Wed January 30, 2013 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Baseball: Mark Bellhorn Memorial League
PostPosted: Wed January 30, 2013 2:20 am 
Offline
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 16, 2013 4:04 am
Posts: 485
you spelled bobby wrong


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 808 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 41  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sun June 24, 2018 1:31 am