The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Who wins?
Broncos 39%  39%  [ 11 ]
Panthers 61%  61%  [ 17 ]
Total votes : 28
 Post subject: Re: Super Bowl L: The Aftermath Of Firing John Fox
PostPosted: Mon February 08, 2016 2:14 pm 
Rank This Poster

turned2black wrote:
Jesus fucking Christ!

This should be re-posted every time there's a discussion about how football players are overpaid.

PostPosted: Mon February 08, 2016 2:16 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

spike wrote:
welp.

PostPosted: Mon February 08, 2016 3:31 pm 
Gone

Electromatic wrote:
turned2black wrote:
Jesus fucking Christ!

This should be re-posted every time there's a discussion about how football players are overpaid.

Or whether or not they're smart.

PostPosted: Mon February 08, 2016 4:31 pm 
Site Admin

Simple Torture wrote:
If you told me before the game that Denver's offense would manufacture 6 points (which, when you boil it down, was all they could muster) but that their defense would be "great," I still would've picked Carolina by 5-7 points. The fact of the matter was, Denver's defense wasn't great: it was phenomenal, otherworldly, [insert your own adjective here]. It was an important game to watch because it was Manning's last, even if he was a shell of his former self. Let's all now rejoice that CBS won't get another Super Bowl until 2019.

And people need to get off of Cam this morning. He's a 26-year-old kid and he just got fucking crushed, and he knows it. He holds onto that first strip-sack, it could've ended quite differently.
I agree with both of these points 100%. Carolina's a hell of a team, they'll learn from this, and that includes Newton. People really do need to lay off him, I probably would have reacted the same way two years ago if pressed like that.

PostPosted: Mon February 08, 2016 4:51 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Are Cam and Russell Wilson going to be the next Manning/Brady? I.E. frequently meeting in the playoffs (they've already played twice in the postseason, and the winner went on to play in the Super Bowl) and having a rivalry that's mostly manufactured by the media, but still fun to watch? They're only 26/27, so in theory we've got another decade of this.

PostPosted: Mon February 08, 2016 4:54 pm 
Site Admin

Simple Torture wrote:
Are Cam and Russell Wilson going to be the next Manning/Brady? I.E. frequently meeting in the playoffs (they've already played twice in the postseason, and the winner went on to play in the Super Bowl) and having a rivalry that's mostly manufactured by the media, but still fun to watch? They're only 26/27, so in theory we've got another decade of this.
I hope so, sure seems like it. We'll see if some other NFC QBs say otherwise.

PostPosted: Mon February 08, 2016 4:57 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Green Habit wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

Who could possibly rise to the top? Rodgers is half a decade older than those guys, and Jamies still has lots to prove. Bridgewater needs a better team around him. No one else stands out.

PostPosted: Mon February 08, 2016 4:59 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Simple Torture wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

Who could possibly rise to the top? Rodgers is half a decade older than those guys, and Jamies still has lots to prove. Bridgewater needs a better team around him. No one else stands out.

If Jameis keeps on the straight and narrow in his personal life and focuses as he has been on football, I think he could. Not sure who else as far as young QBs in the NFC.

PostPosted: Mon February 08, 2016 5:24 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

Cam pouting like a spoiled little kid....showing his true colors. What a leader...

PostPosted: Mon February 08, 2016 5:41 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Jesus H. Christ, get over it, everybody. Cam didn't blame the refs, or try to downplay his role in the loss, or anything like that. He was upset and he was pissed, and he didn't want to talk to the media. The other players on the team all backed him after his press conference, saying they understood that he's disappointed. I understand that people dislike the bravado he plays with and it's okay to revel in some schadenfreude if that's your thing, but people are building story lines here that have very little basis.

PostPosted: Mon February 08, 2016 5:41 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

I didn't have a rooting interest either way, and good for Denver and its fans, and holy shit what a great defensive performance, but also holy shit what a train wreck that game was. just brutal from a football fan's perspective. vanilla crowd. terrible announcing. inept offenses. shit show refereeing. no flow. fits and starts. it was so bad.

PostPosted: Mon February 08, 2016 5:44 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

The Super Bowl always feels like it has no flow, what with the added commercial time, the extra time for the half time show, elongated pre-game ceremonies, and more focus on story lines than on actual football discussion--it's all meant to draw in casual fans and justify higher advertising costs. We were all shitting on dime last night for the ol' "I'm not from America and lol football is boring!" shit, but if the Super Bowl is the only game you watch all year, I can totally understand how you'd scratch your head over it.

The Master

http://espn.go.com/college-football/new ... id=3718266

Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Happy for the Broncos and their fans, but saying "Peyton got another" is a huge overstatement, right? He played just as sh*tty as Cam last night. With that being said, even if he wants to come back, Does Elway want him?

PostPosted: Mon February 08, 2016 5:45 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

I enjoyed watching Cam get the Game of Thrones treatment on the field and I'm glad Manning got his second one, but it was an ugly game. The constant penalties and coaches' challenges have kinda ruined football to me. It's not much fun to watch anymore.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Mon February 08, 2016 5:47 pm 
Gone

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
http://espn.go.com/college-football/news/story?id=3718266

Who cares?

PostPosted: Mon February 08, 2016 5:47 pm 
Site Admin

Chris_H_2 wrote:
I didn't have a rooting interest either way, and good for Denver and its fans, and holy shit what a great defensive performance, but also holy shit what a train wreck that game was. just brutal from a football fan's perspective. vanilla crowd. terrible announcing. inept offenses. shit show refereeing. no flow. fits and starts. it was so bad.
I realize that offense is what sells football games, but the bolded is awfully contradictory. And "vanilla crowd" is nearly every Super Bowl crowd in recent history. And while I certainly won't defend Phil Simms, I will step up for Jim Nantz--I thought that was one of his finest called games.

Aw, who am I kidding, I also realize I'm seeing this through orange-tinted glasses. :oops:

PostPosted: Mon February 08, 2016 5:48 pm 
Site Admin

verb_to_trust wrote:
Who cares?
Roll Tide is who cares.

PostPosted: Mon February 08, 2016 5:49 pm 
The Master

verb_to_trust wrote:

Who cares?

the student whose laptop was stolen, and honest, law-abiding citizens everywhere

PostPosted: Mon February 08, 2016 5:50 pm 
Site Admin

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Happy for the Broncos and their fans, but saying "Peyton got another" is a huge overstatement, right? He played just as sh*tty as Cam last night. With that being said, even if he wants to come back, Does Elway want him?
I'm 95% confident that Elway will promptly cut Manning if he does make the foolish decision to try one more year. And in agreeing with you, I really wish they gave DeMarcus Ware a chance at the mic, because it was likely that that was his last game as a Bronco as well. They have to find some way to open up the floodgates of money for Von Miller.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports