The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 995 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 50  Next
 Post subject: Re: Anyone else here watch F1 racing?
PostPosted: Tue March 27, 2018 2:48 am 
Rank This Poster

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Both drivers had a cross thread on a tire change. Both had to retire early. Both seemed to be one guy's fault

That guy really needed a Southwest Airlines commercial

PostPosted: Tue March 27, 2018 5:00 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

That was really something.

PostPosted: Tue March 27, 2018 12:30 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Anders wrote:
That was really something.

Shame too because they were running 4th and 5th at the time

PostPosted: Sun April 28, 2019 4:06 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Baku has been the best race of the year recently, but something felt a little off today.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 8:53 am 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

Do you guys have an all-time favorite driver/drivers? I started watching F1 as a kid in the early 90's and Senna was definitely one of my favorites. I don't remember the day Kurt Cobain died, but I sure remember how bad it felt seeing Senna crash the wall in Imola 1994.

Back then you didn't have to pay to see the races, but it changed around here in 2005 or so. After that I kind of lost interest. Now I've been watching some of the races online and kind of rediscovered my love for F1.

Why Senna was so great:

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 9:40 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

In other team sports I seldom go for the teams that always win, even though most fans do. But there was something about McLaren and Senna (88-93) when I grew up. I just loved him. Very sad when he died.

Schumacher was a talented rookie around that time, and so somehow I started following him. Therefore I’ve always been used to my favorites winning in F1.

Later it was Alonso. Who has struggled in recent years, but I still loved following him.

Not certain who’s next, but I am sort of cheering for the first and second year rookies this season. I do like Leclerc. Positive guy, and very talented.

But yes, no one will ever beat Senna.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 1:15 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Magnussen! And how can anyone not like Hamilton, currently? I don't like Hulkenberg's attitude.

In the 90's, when I started following, it was at the peak of Schumacher's popularity, but I liked Hakkinen and Berger

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 1:17 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Magnussen! And how can anyone not like Hamilton, currently? I don't like Hulkenberg's attitude.

In the 90's, when I started following, it was at the peak of Schumacher's popularity, but I liked Hakkinen and Berger

I respect Hamilton, but I’ve never cheered for him, and now I am so tired of Mercedes winning.

Magnussen is a lot of fun. Great driver.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 4:22 pm 

Anders wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

I respect Hamilton, but I’ve never cheered for him, and now I am so tired of Mercedes winning.

I was a Hakkinen fan too. Maybe that's why I never really liked Schumacher. Never really been a fan of Hamilton either. It's obvious he is an amazing driver, but he seems the kind of guy who is so full of himself. I hope Bottas wins him this season, though it is not very likely. I also liked Jacques Villeneuve back in the day. Have you gyus seen the Senna documentary?

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 4:24 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

contamination wrote:
Anders wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

I was a Hakkinen fan too. Maybe that's why I never really liked Schumacher. Never really been a fan of Hamilton either. It's obvious he is an amazing driver, but he seems the kind of guy who is so full of himself. I hope Bottas wins him this season, though it is not very likely. I also liked Jacques Villeneuve back in the day. Have you gyus seen the Senna documentary?

Yes, the Senna documentary is well worth watching. Has some great scenes.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 4:26 pm 

contamination wrote:
Have you gyus seen the Senna documentary?

The only F1 documentary I've seen is called "One". And it talks a lot about the Senna incident. Really good. Is there a documentary just on him?

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 4:28 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 4:28 pm 

Anders wrote:
contamination wrote:
Anders wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Yes, the Senna documentary is well worth watching. Has some great scenes.

Great soundtrack also:

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 4:30 pm 

ooh, thanks guys

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 4:30 pm 

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
contamination wrote:
Have you gyus seen the Senna documentary?

The only F1 documentary I've seen is called "One". And it talks a lot about the Senna incident. Really good. Is there a documentary just on him?

Definitely watch Senna. It's an amazing documentary directed by Asif Kapadia who also directed Amy: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2870648/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_5

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 4:31 pm 

I really want Magnussen to improve and bring Haas in with the big boys, but I'm not sure how long Haas will stay in the game if they don't have success.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 4:41 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Fighting for fourth best team is really above what we should expect from Haas. So I think they are doing really well. It’s so difficult to break into the top three. Unfortunately.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 4:44 pm 

Anders wrote:
Fighting for fourth best team is really above what we should expect from Haas. So I think they are doing really well. It’s so difficult to break into the top three. Unfortunately.

Yeah, I know. And Grosjean is the senior driver, but he's been having inconsistent results lately. I hope they push Magnussen to be more the lead.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 4:47 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Anders wrote:

Yeah, I know. And Grosjean is the senior driver, but he's been having inconsistent results lately. I hope they push Magnussen to be more the lead.

Magnussen is the better driver I think. Faster and a little crazier, but not as foolish, if that makes sense.

PostPosted: Wed October 23, 2019 1:45 am 

F1 in talks to bring a race to Miami. That would be awesome

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 995 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 50  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports