The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Who getting bragging rights at the family table?
Jim 84%  84%  [ 16 ]
John 16%  16%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 19
 Post subject: Re: Super Bowl XLVII: The Harbaugh Bowl
PostPosted: Mon February 04, 2013 3:57 am 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

damn

PostPosted: Mon February 04, 2013 4:04 am 
for those who
are not...shall be

damn

PostPosted: Mon February 04, 2013 4:17 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

good game. dont know if i agree with that safety, but it worked out. btw, did you see that guy getting away with the most obvious holding in NFL history on that play?

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Mon February 04, 2013 4:22 am 

BurtReynolds wrote:
good game. dont know if i agree with that safety, but it worked out. btw, did you see that guy getting away with the most obvious holding in NFL history on that play?

though if the hold had been called, it wouldn't have changed anything--it's a safety either way, but not a dead ball (ie the time wouldn't be put back on the clock). but still, pretty unbelievable they didn't throw a flag. officiating was fucked up all night.

PostPosted: Mon February 04, 2013 4:29 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Not what i expected, but at least it was a good game, and Im very happy Ray didn't get MVP

PostPosted: Mon February 04, 2013 4:29 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Oh, and Jim harbaugh is a douche

PostPosted: Mon February 04, 2013 4:36 am 
Gone

dkfan9 wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

though if the hold had been called, it wouldn't have changed anything--it's a safety either way, but not a dead ball (ie the time wouldn't be put back on the clock). but still, pretty unbelievable they didn't throw a flag. officiating was fucked up all night.

If they called that they could have at least gotten the ball back with a few more seconds. Terrible play calling once they got close on that drive...

PostPosted: Mon February 04, 2013 4:41 am 

yeah i'm still having trouble understanding the playcalling near the goalline... i suspect the almost delay of game timeout hurt them there, though. that one little error may have been the difference between winning and losing a championship. weird.

PostPosted: Mon February 04, 2013 4:45 am 
Future Drummer

If I'm not mistaken Cary Williams went out at some point before that drive and Jimmy Smith came in to replace him, so they decided to target Crabtree against Smith near the goalline. Seeing as they would have called defensive holding on that 3rd and Goal about 9/10 times had the game not been in "don't call anything" mode, it wasn't a bad plan. The Niners got away with a similar non-call at the end of the NFC Championship and it's just part of the game, but it still kinda sucks. Still, I was thrilled to see a team run the pistol that much in the SB. I've realized I pretty much always go for the younger, more exciting team so I'm destined to be dissapointed, but oh well, that's the price of admission.

PostPosted: Mon February 04, 2013 5:30 am 
Future Drummer

So that was one lucky fat kid kissing Bar Refaeli in that Go Daddy commercial.

And that was a great Dodge Ram commercial with Paul Harvey.

And Ray Lewis just had to say "last ride" again.

PostPosted: Mon February 04, 2013 3:34 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

verb_to_trust wrote:
dkfan9 wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

If they called that they could have at least gotten the ball back with a few more seconds. Terrible play calling once they got close on that drive...

I still don't understand how they would have gotten more time. Can someone please explain this?

PostPosted: Mon February 04, 2013 3:45 pm 
AnalLog

dkfan9 wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

Yeah that was some of the worst officiating since the replacement refs. I wonder if their eyes had trouble adjusting to the bright lights?

PostPosted: Mon February 04, 2013 4:44 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Chris_H_2 wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
dkfan9 wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

I still don't understand how they would have gotten more time. Can someone please explain this?

You're right. I don't see how they would have, either.

And I won't be surprised to see some momentum behind a rule change regarding this very thing. There are already rules in place that prevent teams from purposefully taking penalties that give them an advantage.

PostPosted: Mon February 04, 2013 4:47 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

durdencommatyler wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
dkfan9 wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

You're right. I don't see how they would have, either.

And I won't be surprised to see some momentum behind a rule change regarding this very thing. There are already rules in place that prevent teams from purposefully taking penalties that give them an advantage.

yeah. whats to stop the whole offense from bear hugging the defense until time runs out?

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Mon February 04, 2013 4:51 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

Chris_H_2 wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
dkfan9 wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

I believe more time would have been on the clock because if holding was called, its an automatic safety and the clock stops. So, maybe 2 more seconds would have been on the clock for the very final play.

PostPosted: Mon February 04, 2013 4:59 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

It would have been neat to see SF go for a fair catch kick to end the game. If they had Janikowski for their kicker, I'm sure they would have tried it instead of allowing Ginn to return it.

PostPosted: Mon February 04, 2013 5:12 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

EJ wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
dkfan9 wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

I believe more time would have been on the clock because if holding was called, its an automatic safety and the clock stops. So, maybe 2 more seconds would have been on the clock for the very final play.

But play continues even after the holding is called.

PostPosted: Mon February 04, 2013 5:23 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

Yeah, you're right. No time would have been added to the clock.

PostPosted: Tue February 05, 2013 3:14 pm 
Rank This Poster

there's Joe Flacco stuff all over audobon

PostPosted: Tue February 05, 2013 5:47 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Yeah, I heard Flacco say he's the best QB in the league right now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports