Switch to full style
Discuss your hatred for the Yankees here.
Post a reply

Who getting bragging rights at the family table?

Jim
84%
John
16%

Total votes : 19

Super Bowl XLVII: The Harbaugh Bowl

Mon January 21, 2013 4:15 pm

I'll be rooting big time for the Niners this time around.

Re: Super Bowl XLVII: The Harbaugh Bowl

Mon January 21, 2013 4:51 pm

Green Habit wrote:I'll be rooting big time for the Niners this time around.

Same, but as some people already said in the playoff thread, im not looking forward to hearing about the brothers for 2 weeks straight, i tend to get tired of the coverage before the game gets here anyway, but this year it will be brutal

Mon January 21, 2013 5:03 pm

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
Same, but as some people already said in the playoff thread, im not looking forward to hearing about the brothers for 2 weeks straight, i tend to get tired of the coverage before the game gets here anyway, but this year it will be brutal
I bet I'm going to get far more tired about the Ray Lewis retirement crap than I will about the Harbaughs.

Mon January 21, 2013 5:06 pm

I hate the 49ers too much from the old days to ever pull for them, and I like Flacco, so I'll pull for Baltimore.

which Harbaugh is that?

Mon January 21, 2013 5:10 pm

Kind of pulling for John Harbaugh and Joe Flacco, but I probably won't even watch.

Mon January 21, 2013 5:11 pm

BurtReynolds wrote:I hate the 49ers too much from the old days to ever pull for them, and I like Flacco, so I'll pull for Baltimore.

which Harbaugh is that?

That's john

Mon January 21, 2013 5:12 pm

Green Habit wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
I bet I'm going to get far more tired about the Ray Lewis retirement crap than I will about the Harbaughs.

You know, that's pretty true also, too much "storyline" in this one

Mon January 21, 2013 5:48 pm

congrats to fans who get to enjoy this.

i for one honestly and truly don't care who wins.

Mon January 21, 2013 7:16 pm

I'm sure we will get plenty of the Art Modell is a great guy bullshit too.

Fuck Modell. No public money for stadiums ever.

Mon January 21, 2013 7:27 pm

Anyone think Ray Lewis will show up with that white suit that hasn't been found for 13 years?

Mon January 21, 2013 7:34 pm

Electromatic wrote:I'm sure we will get plenty of the Art Modell is a great guy bullshit too.

Are you getting warmed up for the looming battle to replace the Georgia Dome?

Mon January 21, 2013 8:53 pm

Green Habit wrote:
Electromatic wrote:I'm sure we will get plenty of the Art Modell is a great guy bullshit too.

It's already decided for the most part, they are debating it in the capitol now, but Atlanta's mayor doesn't want to lose the Falcons (to the suburbs) and the state has so much money tied up in facilities they will eventually rubber stamp 300 million in hotel/motel tax to Arthur Blank so he can spend another 700+ million and charge PSL's.

The idea that these facilities add all these jobs and economic growth is ridiculous, it makes one guy richer, the owner of the team and 15 times a year or so the bars are full, that's about it.

Mon January 21, 2013 8:55 pm

Electromatic wrote:
Green Habit wrote:

It's already decided for the most part, they are debating it in the capitol now, but Atlanta's mayor doesn't want to lose the Falcons (to the suburbs) and the state has so much money tied up in facilities they will eventually rubber stamp 300 million in hotel/motel tax to Arthur Blank so he can spend another 700+ million and charge PSL's.

The idea that these facilities add all these jobs and economic growth is ridiculous, it makes one guy richer, the owner of the team and 15 times a year or so the bars are full, that's about it.
Ugh, that sucks. At the very least, I hope it's an open air stadium.

Mon January 21, 2013 8:55 pm

lowlight79 wrote:Anyone think Ray Lewis will show up with that white suit that hasn't been found for 13 years?

Not unless he put it in the trunk of the limo instead of the buckhead Wendy's all those years ago.

The Ravens still get the team discount here in town when one of thier players has to go to federal court.

Mon January 21, 2013 8:57 pm

Green Habit wrote:
Electromatic wrote:
Green Habit wrote:

It's going to be a retractable roof I'm pretty sure, I'm also certain we will do somthing to fuck up infrastructure around it. It's an Atlanta tradition kind of like losing.

Mon January 21, 2013 8:59 pm

Hate the 49ers so pulling big time for the Ravens, but I won't watch the game.

Mon January 21, 2013 9:22 pm

Who'll play the half-time show? Foo Fighters?

Mon January 21, 2013 9:28 pm

Jerome Bettis is from Detroit.

Mon January 21, 2013 9:47 pm

Bob Loblaw wrote:Who'll play the half-time show? Foo Fighters?

Beyonce i think

Mon January 21, 2013 9:52 pm

Electromatic wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
Electromatic wrote:
Green Habit wrote:

It's going to be a retractable roof I'm pretty sure, I'm also certain we will do somthing to fuck up infrastructure around it. It's an Atlanta tradition kind of like losing.
Bleh. I don't know how you'd feel as a fan but I think it would be to the Falcons' advantage to force teams to submit to the Southern humidity early in the season.
Post a reply