The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Manti Te'o's fake girlfriend
PostPosted: Wed January 16, 2013 10:53 pm 
Gone

@SkitchP wrote:
I do not want the Lions to draft Manti Teo

He made up the dead girlfriend, apparently. Thats messed up....

EDIT from GH: I thought that this should have its own thread. Here's the link of the Deadspin article that got this kicked off:

http://deadspin.com/5976517

Post subject: Re: 2013 NFL Offseason
PostPosted: Wed January 16, 2013 10:58 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

@SkitchP wrote:

Oh, don't worry, Tampa wants Dee Milliner so he will be just another player that Detroit takes before Tampa gets the chance :lol:

PostPosted: Wed January 16, 2013 11:33 pm 
slower than 82% of US

verb_to_trust wrote:
@SkitchP wrote:

He made up the dead girlfriend, apparently. Thats messed up....

He'll still be given a chance... Raiders, I'm lookin at you.

PostPosted: Wed January 16, 2013 11:38 pm 
Gone

Yeah, mission accomplished for him I guess. Without the personal interest story I don't think he is a hiesmen finalist.....

Too bad he couldn't hoax a good game against Bama. Bet hes still having nightmares of Eddie Lacey trucking him.....

PostPosted: Wed January 16, 2013 11:54 pm 
Rank This Poster

verb_to_trust wrote:
Yeah, mission accomplished for him I guess. Without the personal interest story I don't think he is a hiesmen finalist.....

Too bad he couldn't hoax a good game against Bama. Bet hes still having nightmares of Eddie Lacey trucking him.....

The combine is going to be very interesting in the interview session with Mr. Te'o especially if they get into details.

PostPosted: Thu January 17, 2013 12:02 am 
slower than 82% of US

verb_to_trust wrote:

I was never really aware of that story before now and never thought he shouldn't at least be considered for the heisman, fwiw.

PostPosted: Thu January 17, 2013 12:09 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

Online Dating: Not Even Once.

PostPosted: Thu January 17, 2013 12:16 am 
slower than 82% of US

Simple Torture wrote:

It was all the rage on RM

PostPosted: Thu January 17, 2013 1:15 am 
Gone

Simple Torture wrote:

Manti is full of shit.

"This is incredibly embarrassing to talk about, but over an extended period of time, I developed an emotional relationship with a woman I met online. We maintained what I thought to be an authentic relationship by communicating frequently online and on the phone, and I grew to care deeply about her. To realize that I was the victim of what was apparently someone's sick joke and constant lies was, and is, painful and humiliating. It further pains me that the grief I felt and the sympathies expressed to me at the time of my grandmother's death in September were in any way deepened by what I believed to be another significant loss in my life. I am enormously grateful for the support of my family, friends and Notre Dame fans throughout this year. To think that I shared with them my happiness about my relationship and details that I thought to be true about her just makes me sick. I hope that people can understand how trying and confusing this whole experience has been. In retrospect, I obviously should have been much more cautious. If anything good comes of this, I hope it is that others will be far more guarded when they engage with people online than I was. Fortunately, I have many wonderful things in my life, and I'm looking forward to putting this painful experience behind me as I focus on preparing for the NFL Draft."

PostPosted: Thu January 17, 2013 2:01 am 
slower than 82% of US

verb_to_trust wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

Manti is full of shit.

"This is incredibly embarrassing to talk about, but over an extended period of time, I developed an emotional relationship with a woman I met online. We maintained what I thought to be an authentic relationship by communicating frequently online and on the phone, and I grew to care deeply about her. To realize that I was the victim of what was apparently someone's sick joke and constant lies was, and is, painful and humiliating. It further pains me that the grief I felt and the sympathies expressed to me at the time of my grandmother's death in September were in any way deepened by what I believed to be another significant loss in my life. I am enormously grateful for the support of my family, friends and Notre Dame fans throughout this year. To think that I shared with them my happiness about my relationship and details that I thought to be true about her just makes me sick. I hope that people can understand how trying and confusing this whole experience has been. In retrospect, I obviously should have been much more cautious. If anything good comes of this, I hope it is that others will be far more guarded when they engage with people online than I was. Fortunately, I have many wonderful things in my life, and I'm looking forward to putting this painful experience behind me as I focus on preparing for the NFL Draft."

I believe everything he says up to the point of not meeting, especially when "she was dying." There is no way a person would allow that to happen to someone they care about without seeing them first.

PostPosted: Thu January 17, 2013 2:16 am 
RM Elitist

I know there's a crazylilgirly joke here somewhere.

PostPosted: Thu January 17, 2013 2:32 am 
Gone

Mecca wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

Manti is full of shit.

I believe everything he says up to the point of not meeting, especially when "she was dying." There is no way a person would allow that to happen to someone they care about without seeing them first.

He's a liar

PostPosted: Thu January 17, 2013 2:35 am 
Gone

He's "grateful for the support of his girlfriend's family"?

PostPosted: Thu January 17, 2013 2:54 am 
Site Admin

Mecca wrote:
http://articles.southbendtribune.com/20 ... head-coach

Quote:
Lennay Kekua was a Stanford student and Cardinal football fan when the two exchanged glances, handshakes and phone numbers that fateful weekend three seasons ago.

She was gifted in music, multi-lingual, had dreams grounded in reality and the talent to catch up to them.

The plan was for Kekua to spend extensive time with the whole Te'o family when upwards of 40 of them came to South Bend in mid-November for ND's Senior Day date with Wake Forest.

"They started out as just friends," Brian Te'o said. "Every once in a while, she would travel to Hawaii, and that happened to be the time Manti was home, so he would meet with her there. But within the last year, they became a couple.

PostPosted: Thu January 17, 2013 2:57 am 
Mind Your Tanners

So, i haven't heard any of this stuff about Teo, I've read a couple of the things posted in here, but all i seem to take from it is that he either thought he had an online gf that turned out to be something other then what he thought, or did he make up the whole thing? And what's the deal with the fake death? Im confused

PostPosted: Thu January 17, 2013 3:02 am 
Gone

Notre Dame and manti are trying to claim he was duped, but it was an elaborate hoax he was in on. I linked the deadspin article in the cheaters thread. its a good read if you have time to check it out.

PostPosted: Thu January 17, 2013 3:07 am 
Mind Your Tanners

verb_to_trust wrote:
Notre Dame and manti are trying to claim he was duped, but it was an elaborate hoax he was in on. I linked the deadspin article in the cheaters thread. its a good read if you have time to check it out.

Ill have to do that tomorrow,.

Is this something that is gonna mess up his draft stock? Or just some embarrassment for him to have to deal with?

PostPosted: Thu January 17, 2013 3:14 am 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

i'll pass on a deadspin article

PostPosted: Thu January 17, 2013 3:17 am 
slower than 82% of US

Green Habit wrote:
Mecca wrote:
http://articles.southbendtribune.com/20 ... head-coach

Quote:
Lennay Kekua was a Stanford student and Cardinal football fan when the two exchanged glances, handshakes and phone numbers that fateful weekend three seasons ago.

She was gifted in music, multi-lingual, had dreams grounded in reality and the talent to catch up to them.

The plan was for Kekua to spend extensive time with the whole Te'o family when upwards of 40 of them came to South Bend in mid-November for ND's Senior Day date with Wake Forest.

"They started out as just friends," Brian Te'o said. "Every once in a while, she would travel to Hawaii, and that happened to be the time Manti was home, so he would meet with her there. But within the last year, they became a couple.

Well yeah, which is all part of the lie. If he tries to act like he was duped into the whole thing, there's a lot that says to the contrary.

PostPosted: Thu January 17, 2013 3:18 am 
slower than 82% of US

dkfan9 wrote:
i'll pass on a deadspin article

whys that?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports