The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 113  Next
 Post subject: Re: the miami dolphins
PostPosted: Wed July 31, 2019 8:12 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

durdencommatyler wrote:
Rosen is terrible. I hope the Dolphins cut him. The team deserves better.
We haven't seen what he's capable of yet. He might never be great, but we'll see. It's just odd that his rookie stats are so similar to Jets and Bills rookie QBs last year, yet Rosen was on the worst team in the league with the worst O-Line, yet people are so excited and hopeful for those QBs but not Rosen. He has the same potential as they do.

PostPosted: Wed July 31, 2019 8:14 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

I have seen it. He's awful. He doesn't belong in the NFL. I like the Dolphins and want them to succeed. They need to ditch Rosen.

PostPosted: Wed July 31, 2019 8:19 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

durdencommatyler wrote:
I have seen it. He's awful. He doesn't belong in the NFL. I like the Dolphins and want them to succeed. They need to ditch Rosen.
If you're referring to his rookie season with the Cardinals, it's an unfair evaluation. That team was a mess. Give him an actual chance to prove himself then judge him. Also, as I just mentioned, he played pretty much as well as Darnold and Allen. Not that bad, especially considering the circumstances.

PostPosted: Wed July 31, 2019 8:29 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

tree_ wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
If you're referring to his rookie season with the Cardinals, it's an unfair evaluation. That team was a mess. Give him an actual chance to prove himself then judge him. Also, as I just mentioned, he played pretty much as well as Darnold and Allen. Not that bad, especially considering the circumstances.

I'm not just referring to that. I was anti-Rosen coming into the draft. He's terrible.

PostPosted: Wed July 31, 2019 8:30 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

durdencommatyler wrote:
tree_ wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

I'm not just referring to that. I was anti-Rosen coming into the draft. He's terrible.
Do you just hate his personality or what? How did you come to this opinion of the man?

PostPosted: Wed July 31, 2019 8:34 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

tree_ wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
tree_ wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Do you just hate his personality or what? How did you come to this opinion of the man?

I watched him play in college. I do happen to think he's a punk, but that has nothing to do with this conversation. He's not a good QB.

PostPosted: Wed July 31, 2019 8:40 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

durdencommatyler wrote:
tree_ wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
tree_ wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

I watched him play in college. I do happen to think he's a punk, but that has nothing to do with this conversation. He's not a good QB.
Hmm... I never really watched him play, other than highlights, so I'll take your word for it. I just hope the Dolphins start him at least several games so all of us fans can see who he is. The good news is, if he fails miserably, they will be able to draft a QB early next year and keep Rosen as a back up for next to nothing for a few years. Then maybe he can develop into at least a trade-able commodity.

PostPosted: Wed July 31, 2019 8:44 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

tree_ wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
tree_ wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
tree_ wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Hmm... I never really watched him play, other than highlights, so I'll take your word for it. I just hope the Dolphins start him at least several games so all of us fans can see who he is. The good news is, if he fails miserably, they will be able to draft a QB early next year and keep Rosen as a back up for next to nothing for a few years. Then maybe he can develop into at least a trade-able commodity.

Look, I hope I'm wrong. Like I said, I like the Dolphins and I hope they succeed. I just don't think, based on what I've seen, that Rosen is the future. And I know Fitzmagic is a stop-gap at best. They need a real franchise guy to take them to the next level. I don't believe that's Rosen. But hey I'm wrong a lot. I hope he does well for you guys. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

PostPosted: Wed July 31, 2019 8:46 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

durdencommatyler wrote:
tree_ wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
tree_ wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
tree_ wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Look, I hope I'm wrong. Like I said, I like the Dolphins and I hope they succeed. I just don't think, based on what I've seen, that Rosen is the future. And I know Fitzmagic is a stop-gap at best. They need a real franchise guy to take them to the next level. I don't believe that's Rosen. But hey I'm wrong a lot. I hope he does well for you guys. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.
Thanks. I'm happy with either scenario. I just hope if he's not the guy, the team gets few wins as possible so they can get their QB of the future next year. I don't want a mediocre season then get a mediocre QB or have to trade a bunch of picks.

PostPosted: Wed July 31, 2019 8:48 pm 
Site Admin

I haven't watched a lot of Rosen play, but when he got demolished by the Broncos last season he looked completely lost, and I don't think all of that can be blamed on the terrible O-line he had. Joey would have also watched him play against the Chiefs, and his stat line isn't much better from that game, either.

PostPosted: Wed July 31, 2019 8:49 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

tree_ wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
tree_ wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
tree_ wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
tree_ wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Thanks. I'm happy with either scenario. I just hope if he's not the guy, the team gets few wins as possible so they can get their QB of the future next year. I don't want a mediocre season then get a mediocre QB or have to trade a bunch of picks.

Yeah man. I totally get that. That's the Chiefs way! That was my life for decades. I feel you, homie.

PostPosted: Wed July 31, 2019 8:51 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Green Habit wrote:
I haven't watched a lot of Rosen play, but when he got demolished by the Broncos last season he looked completely lost, and I don't think all of that can be blamed on the terrible O-line he had. Joey would have also watched him play against the Chiefs, and his stat line isn't much better from that game, either.
Another excuse being thrown around is the offensive coordinator being fired. He was often lost, no doubt about it, but it was a rookie season in a chaotic environment. Let us just see if he can progress at all this year. I just saw a quote today that he admits he's just now figuring out how to identify the mike and make certain pre-snap adjustments. Did they not teach him that last year? People say he's smart, so we'll see if he can figure it out under this coaching staff and play more comfortably.

Last edited by tree_ on Wed July 31, 2019 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed July 31, 2019 8:51 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

durdencommatyler wrote:
tree_ wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
tree_ wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
tree_ wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
tree_ wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Yeah man. I totally get that. That's the Chiefs way! That was my life for decades. I feel you, homie.
I'm happy for you that you found your QB. If he gets injured I'll be devastated for you.

PostPosted: Wed July 31, 2019 8:53 pm 
Site Admin

tree_ wrote:
Another excuse being thrown around is the offensive coordinator being fired.
Ah, Mike McCoy, who got fired immediately after that aforementioned blowout by Denver, the same team that fired him midseason the year before.

PostPosted: Wed July 31, 2019 8:54 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

tree_ wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
tree_ wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
tree_ wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
tree_ wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
tree_ wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

I'm happy for you that you found your QB. If he gets injured I'll be devastated for you.

I appreciate that, man. Thank you for saying that. Obviously, I feel the same. :heartbeat:

PostPosted: Wed July 31, 2019 8:55 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Green Habit wrote:
tree_ wrote:
Ah, Mike McCoy, who got fired immediately after that aforementioned blowout by Denver, the same team that fired him midseason the year before.

speaking of the broncos...biggest game of the year tomorrow night

PostPosted: Wed July 31, 2019 8:56 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Green Habit wrote:
tree_ wrote:
Yeah, ... and for a rookie still learning the basics of playing a very complicated position, I'd say he did well, considering...

PostPosted: Sun August 04, 2019 3:50 am 
AnalLog

All I want is Jordan Love in next year's draft

PostPosted: Sun August 04, 2019 8:47 pm 
Future Drummer

Have yall already forgotten Goff and his rookie season? Rosen could absolutely improve, and majorly.

PostPosted: Wed August 07, 2019 2:31 pm 
AnalLog

Orpheus wrote:
Have yall already forgotten Goff and his rookie season? Rosen could absolutely improve, and majorly.

To me, Rosen's ceiling is Jay Cutler, and that's not good enough

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 113  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports