The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 113  Next
 Post subject: Re: the miami dolphins
PostPosted: Wed March 09, 2016 8:25 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

i got bugs wrote:
How many years do you have to be the laughing stock of the league before the entire organization gets fired??

PostPosted: Wed March 09, 2016 10:06 pm 
Site Admin

OK, maybe they were right to let Vernon walk. Holy shit NYG.

PostPosted: Wed March 09, 2016 10:08 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

PostPosted: Thu March 10, 2016 12:30 am 
See you in another life, brother

I mean once it got to this point it became obvious that he was going to get overpaid. I didn't think he'd be that overpaid, but still. The real lesson to me is that Miami doesn't know how to evaluate its own talent and extend these guys a year ahead of time when they could do so at a significant bargain compared to when they hit free agency.

PostPosted: Thu March 10, 2016 1:09 am 
Site Admin

4/5 wrote:
I mean once it got to this point it became obvious that he was going to get overpaid. I didn't think he'd be that overpaid, but still. The real lesson to me is that Miami doesn't know how to evaluate its own talent and extend these guys a year ahead of time when they could do so at a significant bargain compared to when they hit free agency.
I wonder how many agents are going to point at Derek Wolfe and say "do you want his money now, or do you want Vernon/Jackson money later"?

PostPosted: Thu March 10, 2016 2:01 am 

Green Habit wrote:
4/5 wrote:
I wonder how many agents are going to point at Derek Wolfe and say "do you want his money now, or do you want Vernon/Jackson money later"?

True.

And also the difference between well-run organizations and the Dolphins...

PostPosted: Thu March 10, 2016 2:03 am 
Future Drummer

Green Habit wrote:
4/5 wrote:

Yep, Wolfe definitely got snookered a lil bit.

PostPosted: Thu March 10, 2016 10:30 pm 
Site Admin

Well, enjoy CJ Anderson Dolphins fans. A good RB, but he must not fit Denver's zone blocking system as well as they want.

PostPosted: Tue March 15, 2016 9:20 pm 
Site Admin

Green Habit wrote:
Well, enjoy CJ Anderson Dolphins fans. A good RB, but he must not fit Denver's zone blocking system as well as they want.
Well, I was dead wrong on this--didn't think Elway was going to match it. Sorry. :oops:

PostPosted: Tue March 15, 2016 11:06 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Good talk

PostPosted: Wed March 16, 2016 1:32 pm 

Green Habit wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
Well, I was dead wrong on this--didn't think Elway was going to match it. Sorry. :oops:

I didn't either. It kinda seems like Elway misplayed his hand but I'm not really sure.

PostPosted: Wed March 16, 2016 2:34 pm 
Site Admin

4/5 wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
I didn't either. It kinda seems like Elway misplayed his hand but I'm not really sure.
I thought so too, but there's a good argument that's been made that Elway was OK with figuring out what CJ's real market value was, and if it was low enough for him, he could have taken a favorable deal now instead of being forced to let him walk for more next year. It's likely that the Broncos' FO are the only ones that'll know for sure.

PostPosted: Wed March 16, 2016 2:46 pm 

Green Habit wrote:
4/5 wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
I thought so too, but there's a good argument that's been made that Elway was OK with figuring out what CJ's real market value was, and if it was low enough for him, he could have taken a favorable deal now instead of being forced to let him walk for more next year. It's likely that the Broncos' FO are the only ones that'll know for sure.

That's the sort of thing that when you're dealing with a well-run organization you give them the benefit of the doubt but if it were the other way around we'd view it as further proof the Dolphins are run by idiots.

PostPosted: Wed March 16, 2016 3:24 pm 
AnalLog

Green Habit wrote:
Green Habit wrote:

As a Dolphins fan, I'm thankful he did

PostPosted: Fri April 15, 2016 1:09 am 
Rank This Poster

Jesus, at Seattle n at ne to start

Fuck you seriously schedule guys

PostPosted: Tue April 26, 2016 11:26 pm 
Rank This Poster

Welp now I'm pretty pumped @ ne is week 2

PostPosted: Wed April 27, 2016 12:59 pm 

i got bugs wrote:
Welp now I'm pretty pumped @ ne is week 2

I was thinking NE is pretty pumped that the Dolphins are week 2. But yeah, if this holds up I suppose Miami will at least have a puncher's chance.

PostPosted: Wed April 27, 2016 3:42 pm 
AnalLog

Yeah, it'll be awesome to see them win in Foxboro, get all cocky, and then probably have their doors blown off for 4 weeks in a row after that

But really, the last 20 years hasn't made me cynical as a Dolphins fan AT ALL

PostPosted: Thu April 28, 2016 1:22 am 
Rank This Poster

Fins usually get them 1/2

PostPosted: Thu April 28, 2016 3:30 pm 
AnalLog

I really hope all this talk of the Dolphins moving back up to #8 just to select a friggin running back is just that...talk...I don't care if Zeke Elliott is the second coming of Adrian Peterson, there's no reason to waste first round draft capital on a running back in this league, especially if you're a team in the bottom half of the league

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 113  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports