The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 113  Next
 Post subject: Re: the miami dolphins
PostPosted: Mon January 11, 2021 8:56 pm 
The Master

PostPosted: Mon January 11, 2021 8:59 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

as good as his stats are.. for some reason i don't believe in Watson.. not sure why exactly..

on another note, I REALLY HOPE they don't trade away xavien howard this offseason

PostPosted: Mon January 11, 2021 9:13 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

If the Chiefs didn't have Patrick Mahomes, I'd be over the moon at having Watson.

I'd be over the moon about having Howard on the Chiefs, too, though. That guy is a beast. I definitely wouldn't trade him away unless the return was something really special.

PostPosted: Tue January 12, 2021 2:11 pm 
See you in another life, brother

tree_ wrote:
guys it's not going to happen.. and honestly i don't want it to. watson would be no good to us unless we built up the offense around him.. trading for him will be giving up valuable assets and will make this more difficult.. better off to stay with tua, who has shown some promise when he had some good weapons around him (see cardinals game), and build the offense around him and his strengths, quick routes to guys who can create separation and a speedy down field threat or two.. also another good OL player or two

I also don't want to trade the farm for Watson but I think he showed this year that he's still a great QB with absolutely no talent around him. Dude is an absolute stud. I just think the price would be too high.

But I've spent the last week talking myself back into Tua so hopefully the Texans will hire somebody that Watson approves of and this story will go away for Tua's sake.

PostPosted: Tue January 12, 2021 7:21 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

OK, after having watched a lot of Watson on YouTube, I would love to have him as a Dolphin. I was dumb to say otherwise.

PostPosted: Wed January 13, 2021 2:52 pm 

tree_ wrote:
OK, after having watched a lot of Watson on YouTube, I would love to have him as a Dolphin. I was dumb to say otherwise.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
He's great, no question.

PostPosted: Wed January 13, 2021 3:53 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

He's incredible. Really wasted talent on a shitty team. I want him to stay there one more unhappy year then come to the Bucs when Brady retires after next year

PostPosted: Wed January 13, 2021 3:57 pm 

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
He's incredible. Really wasted talent on a shitty team.

It's really incredible how O'Brien utterly destroyed a very promising team in matter of about 8 months.

PostPosted: Wed January 13, 2021 4:23 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
He's incredible. Really wasted talent on a shitty team. I want him to stay there one more unhappy year then come to the Bucs when Brady retires after next year

lol at Brady retiring

PostPosted: Wed January 13, 2021 4:32 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

The Texans are my second favorite team for what they've done for Dolphins! Tunsil is good, but not worth that bounty holy shit

PostPosted: Wed January 13, 2021 6:13 pm 

New article today with quotes from anonymous players taking shots at Tua. Nothing particularly noteworthy was said, just another thing to add as this threatens to become a circus.

PostPosted: Wed January 13, 2021 6:29 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Yeah, not great. But, again, remember that he just rehabbed from that injury and with a full offseason of actual training without rehab and with an actual preseason etc., he could look a lot better. He does have the great character and mental focus to learn and improve. Let's just hope it happens. If not, would be happy for Watson because at least we know he's great already, but wouldn't want to draft another QB yet. Should definitely have a Fitz-like backup just in case though.

PostPosted: Wed January 13, 2021 6:31 pm 
The Master

tree_ wrote:
Yeah, not great. But, again, remember that he just rehabbed from that injury and with a full offseason of actual training without rehab and with an actual preseason etc., he could look a lot better. He does have the great character and mental focus to learn and improve. Let's just hope it happens. If not, would be happy for Watson because at least we know he's great already, but wouldn't want to draft another QB yet. Should definitely have a Fitz-like backup just in case though.

carson wentz?

PostPosted: Wed January 13, 2021 6:35 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

I'm thinking Wince will stay with the Eagles at least one more year. He seems to have had more clout with the Eagles execs than Coach Pederson. But this isn't a bad idea if it doesn't work out there and he's humble enough to play a Fitz role for Tua.

PostPosted: Wed January 13, 2021 6:36 pm 

tree_ wrote:

I'd be fine with drafting a QB on day 3. Those quotes don't bother me, just seems to speak to him having been thrown in too soon. If they really did play him so that they could know whether to draft another QB that plan clearly backfired because he was neither so terrible nor so good that it's open and shut. I say let's get some OL, WR, and a RB and run it back. Lots of rookies that played worse than Tua ended up becoming very good.

PostPosted: Wed January 13, 2021 6:38 pm 

tree_ wrote:
I'm thinking Wince will stay with the Eagles at least one more year. He seems to have had more clout with the Eagles execs than Coach Pederson. But this isn't a bad idea if it doesn't work out there and he's humble enough to play a Fitz role for Tua.

Nah, that's an instant full scale controversy. I think it has to be a run of the mill backup and/or late round draft pick type.

PostPosted: Wed January 13, 2021 6:42 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Yeah Wentz probably won't comfortably accept a backup role until at least one more failed season I guess.. drafting may be the way to go.. just sucks to imagine using one of those picks on anything but an offensive weapon right now

PostPosted: Wed January 13, 2021 6:49 pm 
The Master

where's mariota? though i guess wentz can say he won a SB.

PostPosted: Tue February 02, 2021 5:14 pm 

Co-offensive coordinators. :?

PostPosted: Thu February 25, 2021 12:03 am 
The Master

Sounds like Fins will land Aaron Jones.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 113  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports