The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 113  Next
 Post subject: Re: the miami dolphins
PostPosted: Wed September 22, 2021 9:59 pm 
See you in another life, brother

Tua out. Fractured ribs.

PostPosted: Wed September 22, 2021 10:11 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Yeah ouch. What a conundrum now. I almost don’t want Brissett to play great because then that’ll just create another QB controversy. Just another year as a Dolphins fan.

PostPosted: Wed September 22, 2021 11:00 pm 

tree_ wrote:
Yeah ouch. What a conundrum now. I almost don’t want Brissett to play great because then that’ll just create another QB controversy. Just another year as a Dolphins fan.

I just want some offensive line stability. Or, since that's too much to ask, just for it to not be horrendous. Last week they allowed pressure on 54.9% of dropbacks, most in the league. And I think that understates how bad they were when you consider how free guys were coming all day.

PostPosted: Wed September 22, 2021 11:25 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

From what I understand it was more of a schematic and coaching issue than players losing their battles, though that was a problem too

PostPosted: Thu September 23, 2021 2:15 am 

Idk Jesse Davis got blown by multiple times where it was just a basic 1 on 1 edge rusher and he got destroyed. Including the play Tua got injured on. I agree sometimes it looked like somebody wasn't calling the blocking or something. Hopefully they clean that up.

PostPosted: Fri September 24, 2021 1:49 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

I think I'm over Tua now. I needed to see him this year to know who he is, and honestly I think I saw enough already. I'm sure he has great performances in him, but his small frame and high injury risk and what seems to me some mental deficiencies just don't make for an extremely high ceiling. I don't care if they have to trade away 3 first rounders, I'm all in on a Watson deal.

PostPosted: Fri September 24, 2021 2:02 pm 

tree_ wrote:
I think I'm over Tua now. I needed to see him this year to know who he is, and honestly I think I saw enough already. I'm sure he has great performances in him, but his small frame and high injury risk and what seems to me some mental deficiencies just don't make for an extremely high ceiling. I don't care if they have to trade away 3 first rounders, I'm all in on a Watson deal.

I'm surprised to hear you say this so quickly. I don't really disagree but I really wanted to see what he could do this year and he hasn't really gotten much of a chance yet. Hopefully he can come back in a couple of weeks and we can see what he does over the last 12 weeks or so of the season and we'll know for sure. But yeah as much as it pains me I wouldn't be mad about a Watson trade at this point. Not like Grier can draft in the 1st round anyway.

PostPosted: Fri September 24, 2021 2:06 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

4/5 wrote:
tree_ wrote:

I'm surprised to hear you say this so quickly. I don't really disagree but I really wanted to see what he could do this year and he hasn't really gotten much of a chance yet. Hopefully he can come back in a couple of weeks and we can see what he does over the last 12 weeks or so of the season and we'll know for sure. But yeah as much as it pains me I wouldn't be mad about a Watson trade at this point. Not like Grier can draft in the 1st round anyway.
I'm surprised I got there so quickly too. But he just doesn't pass the eye test for me. I think with all the offseason talk of massive improvements across the board, I was expecting him to look bigger, quicker, faster, stronger, smarter right away, and he just doesn't. Like I said, I'm sure he will be a good QB who will have great performances from time to time (if he doesn't die first), and I'd be glad having him, but I am 90% sure he will never be as good as Watson.

PostPosted: Fri September 24, 2021 2:13 pm 

tree_ wrote:
4/5 wrote:
tree_ wrote:

I'm surprised I got there so quickly too. But he just doesn't pass the eye test for me. I think with all the offseason talk of massive improvements across the board, I was expecting him to look bigger, quicker, faster, stronger, smarter right away, and he just doesn't. Like I said, I'm sure he will be a good QB who will have great performances from time to time (if he doesn't die first), and I'd be glad having him, but I am 90% sure he will never be as good as Watson.

I agree. I still want to see more if only because there's no compelling reason not to and I still want to believe that he could be a version of Drew Brees (small, accurate passer) and it took him a couple years also. But almost every play that passes convinces me more and more that he has a pretty low ceiling.

Honestly, it's not even watching him that's the worst. It's that after the Dolphins game I watched Cowboys/Chargers and both QBs were light years better than anything I've seen from Tua. It didn't feel good.

PostPosted: Fri September 24, 2021 4:41 pm 
Site Admin

More teams need to seriously consider taking back to back first round QBs if they have the pick to do it. The Dolphins might have blown this if Tua doesn't work out but any of Lance, Fields or Mac Jones does. Same with NYG and WAS the draft before--the latter saw that happen disastrously with Haskins.

At least the Dolphins got a ton of draft capital for going a different position.

PostPosted: Fri September 24, 2021 4:46 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

4/5 is right, draft capital doesn't mean shit if your track record says you can't draft (at least in the first round). It seems like almost every player they draft turns out to be a decent to good 3rd rounder, and if better, they trade them away for more 3rd rounders. They wrote the book on how to be average and have been abiding its rules since twilight Marino.

PostPosted: Fri September 24, 2021 5:25 pm 

tree_ wrote:
4/5 is right, draft capital doesn't mean shit if your track record says you can't draft (at least in the first round). It seems like almost every player they draft turns out to be a decent to good 3rd rounder, and if better, they trade them away for more 3rd rounders. They wrote the book on how to be average and have been abiding its rules since twilight Marino.

I love that we go back forth with which one of us is distraught at any given time. :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri September 24, 2021 5:32 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

that is funny

god I hope they turn things around against the raiders

PostPosted: Fri September 24, 2021 5:52 pm 
Site Admin

tree_ wrote:
that is funny

The Dolphins are my second favorite team this week. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Fri September 24, 2021 5:58 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Green Habit wrote:
tree_ wrote:
that is funny

The Dolphins are my second favorite team this week. :thumbsup:

:heartbeat:

PostPosted: Sat September 25, 2021 4:34 am 
Rank This Poster

Pull the trigger on watson already.. who cares about 3 first rounders, the dolphins can't draft worth shit so whatever

It's like saying lets trade Tua, Noah I, and Austin J for watson it's a complete steal.. even if watson goes to prison tomorrow

PostPosted: Sat September 25, 2021 7:09 pm 

Tua on IR, out for at least 3 games.

PostPosted: Sat September 25, 2021 7:40 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Cam Newton time!

PostPosted: Sun September 26, 2021 11:43 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

I’m dying. Nope, wait. I’m already dead.

PostPosted: Sun September 26, 2021 11:51 pm 
The Master

tree_ wrote:
I’m dying. Nope, wait. I’m already dead.

i'm sorry bro...but take solace that they lost to what could be the best team in football

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 113  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports