The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 113  Next
 Post subject: Re: the miami dolphins
PostPosted: Tue November 03, 2020 11:45 pm 
See you in another life, brother

Dolphins dominating the trade deadline!!

Edit: If I'd realized such a stupid post was going to be top paged... :shake:

PostPosted: Mon November 09, 2020 12:42 am 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

I think we saw enough to feel good about Tua today. What a game

PostPosted: Mon November 09, 2020 1:37 am 
Future Drummer

Wow, could the dolphins finally have a real team? I’ve been waiting for a month like this since the Marino days. Cards offensive (Murray) is unstoppable, so I’m not worried about the points today. D has looked great. And Tua looked like a real pro today. For sure. Much better than last week. I love Fitz but if this is what Tua will do, yea... Exciting times.

PostPosted: Mon November 09, 2020 1:16 pm 

Great team win, especially with some of those awful PI calls on Xavien Howard. Tua was much better today, still plays like a rookie but made some really nice throws. Couldn't believe Howard picked up 8 yards at the end of the game to help run out the clock, great time for a career long run!

PostPosted: Mon November 09, 2020 1:45 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

You’re being too hard on Tua. He played really well overall.

PostPosted: Mon November 09, 2020 2:32 pm 

tree_ wrote:
You’re being too hard on Tua. He played really well overall.

He made some gorgeous throws and that run was awesome. I'm very happy with that. He also tried to throw a pick on a throwaway to a guy 4 yards away, he threw the ball directly into a lineman's foot and took a couple of bad sacks. He'll learn from both of those awful throwaway attempts and it'll be fine. I'm just saying he looked like a rookie. A good rookie, but a rookie nonetheless. It was start number two, so that's fine! He looked much, much, much better than last week.

PostPosted: Mon November 09, 2020 3:36 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Yeah he made a few small mistakes but my goodness he looked better than Fitz Patrick did all year. And with our defense this is a very exciting time to be a Dolphins fan

PostPosted: Mon November 09, 2020 3:41 pm 

I guess you missed the 49ers game lol. But I agree it's a very exciting time for the Dolphins. Definitely happy with how Tua played overall yesterday.

PostPosted: Mon November 09, 2020 5:35 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Considering how poorly 49ers played that day, Tua was more impressive against a very good Cardinals team.

PostPosted: Mon November 09, 2020 6:00 pm 
mXn

Tua is hack and will flame out in 5 years

PostPosted: Tue November 10, 2020 6:50 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

PostPosted: Mon November 16, 2020 1:02 am 
Future Drummer

Another nice win. A couple bad throws by Tua but once again, he looked like someone that I can get really excited about. Really, I can say that about the whole team - great coach, great defense. Ahmed, Parker and the TE (can’t remember how to spell his name off the top of my head) all had a nice day. Howard is a beast on defense. This team is FUN to watch which is not something that’s been true in a long time, at least as a full team. Easy to see how Tua makes this offense more dynamic, and so far he’s shown to have a great, accurate arm.

PostPosted: Mon November 16, 2020 2:53 am 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

The thing I like most about Tua is his composure, decision making prowess. Great leader and game manager. Winning is always his number one goal. Only going to get better. Humble over hype.

PostPosted: Fri November 20, 2020 3:32 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

I feel like something disastrous is going to happen, like the season ends early due to COVID or something. This is too good to be true for a Dolphins fan. Some have them as a top 5 team in their power rankings. They are legitimately good. Bound to go awry sooner or later. Tua horrible injury, Flores drug bust... something terrible. I can smell it coming.

PostPosted: Fri November 20, 2020 3:46 pm 

tree_ wrote:
I feel like something disastrous is going to happen, like the season ends early due to COVID or something. This is too good to be true for a Dolphins fan. Some have them as a top 5 team in their power rankings. They are legitimately good. Bound to go awry sooner or later. Tua horrible injury, Flores drug bust... something terrible. I can smell it coming.

:lol:
Now you sound like a Dolphins fan!!

The defense was awesome again last week. The only thing that pisses me off is that going into this season I believed the defense was going to take a big step forward so they were my fantasy defense. But the first 3-4 weeks weren't great and I cut them. :shake: :gomez:

PostPosted: Fri November 20, 2020 3:54 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

son of a bitch that sucks!

I feel so proud of myself for hanging with them all these years... I think it's been 30 years since I first considered myself a Dolphins fan. We actually have a legitimate shot at a god damn super bowl sometime soon!

PostPosted: Fri November 20, 2020 4:36 pm 
The Master

tree_ wrote:

nah it'll be run of the mill, probably a rookie qb meltdown on the postseason stage.

PostPosted: Fri November 20, 2020 4:39 pm 

tree_ wrote:
son of a bitch that sucks!

I feel so proud of myself for hanging with them all these years... I think it's been 30 years since I first considered myself a Dolphins fan. We actually have a legitimate shot at a god damn super bowl sometime soon!

I think I've said it in this thread, but I'm really hoping for a Super Bowl while Tua's on his rookie deal. It's finally an exciting time to be a Dolphins fan again!

PostPosted: Fri November 20, 2020 4:50 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

spike wrote:
tree_ wrote:

nah it'll be run of the mill, probably a rookie qb meltdown on the postseason stage.
Maybe, but Tua hasn't crumbled under pressure yet. I doubt any stage is too big for him. He's special.

I'm so excited too, 4/5.

PostPosted: Fri November 20, 2020 6:33 pm 

So I'll admit that Flores was right to put Tua in when he did. Like I said then, I was hoping it was based on what he was seeing in practice. I just got worried when quotes from other players started coming out that made it seem like that might not have been the case.

I think Tua's been fine so far, definitely poised, accurate, makes some really gorgeous throws. Loved his first throw of the game on Sunday on that rollout to Gesicki. The play with the terrible snap and he didn't panic and threw a 25 yard pass to Parker was awesome. And he looked really good in the 4th quarter against the Cardinals, coming from behind.

He's gotten lucky on a couple of passes that should have been picks and Miami's defense has basically spotted him an immediate 7 point lead to start every game, so in some ways it's been a pretty ideal way to slowly acclimate him to the NFL. I like most of what I've seen and hope he keeps growing. I'm not ready to declare definitively that we have our guy for the next decade, but I'm more optimistic than I've ever been about that at any time post-Marino.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 113  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports