The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 113  Next
 Post subject: Re: the miami dolphins
PostPosted: Mon November 02, 2020 5:32 pm 
See you in another life, brother

Idk that game might have been 42-17 with Fitzy out there.

Look, I was on team Tank for Tua from the moment the 2018 season ended. I still have high hopes. Obviously we disagree about the timing and the relative comparison between Fitzy and Tua and those doubts that set in about the decision when it was announced probably factor into my interpretation of yesterday's performance. It just felt like they were trying to hide Tua as much as possible yesterday. Hopefully he comes out and plays better against the Cardinals.

PostPosted: Mon November 02, 2020 5:46 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Against that Rams D? Highly unlikely. Look at those INTs against the lowly Jets! Either Fitzmagic or Fitztragic shows up. He's hardly ever in the middle. I'd rather have a boring game from Tua than a careless game from Fitz. Also, it is important to get Tua experience. It's a franchise move. In the unlikely scenario he plays no better than this or worse for the rest of the year, they could draft somebody better next year.

PostPosted: Mon November 02, 2020 5:54 pm 

I'm going to need a lot more than boring games from Tua for this pick to work out. I want Miami winning the Super Bowl while he's on his rookie contract. That's the level of expectations I have for him. Hopefully next week we get some glimpses for the first time that my outlandish hopes are possible.

PostPosted: Mon November 02, 2020 5:58 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

I hear ya. But isn't it fucking amazing we're in this situation right now?! Just look at our wins and the point differentials! Look at how far we've come in 2 years!! I know Tua is going to play better against less than elite defenses. Don't forget that this was his first start and he didn't look terrible. It's time to forget about Fitzpatrick. This is an exciting year and next year with all our draft picks will be even better.

PostPosted: Mon November 02, 2020 6:42 pm 

tree_ wrote:
I hear ya. But isn't it fucking amazing we're in this situation right now?! Just look at our wins and the point differentials! Look at how far we've come in 2 years!! I know Tua is going to play better against less than elite defenses. Don't forget that this was his first start and he didn't look terrible. It's time to forget about Fitzpatrick. This is an exciting year and next year with all our draft picks will be even better.

:lol: I sure hope so. I think forgetting about Fitzy was 100% dependent how Tua performs. If he starts lighting it up even Fitzy's kids will forget about him.

I expected the defense to be much better this season and it wasn't very good the first couple of weeks, but they've been much much better over the last month or so. Definitely an exciting time for Dolphins fans.

PostPosted: Mon November 02, 2020 6:47 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

4/5 wrote:
If he starts lighting it up even Fitzy's kids will forget about him.

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Tua is smart, determined, and more athletic than Fitz. Just watch, he's gonna be great. Take my word for it.

PostPosted: Mon November 02, 2020 6:53 pm 

I should have said is 100% dependent on how Fitzy performs.

Hope so, can't wait for Sunday to roll around again.

PostPosted: Mon November 02, 2020 7:03 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

4/5 wrote:
I should have said is 100% dependent on how *Fitzy performs.

Hope so, can't wait for Sunday to roll around again.

*Tua ;)

so pumped!

PostPosted: Mon November 02, 2020 7:08 pm 

Yeah that's about right. :shake: :shake:

PostPosted: Mon November 02, 2020 7:38 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Good breakdown. He really did have a good enough game, just wasn't asked to do much.

PostPosted: Tue November 03, 2020 5:26 am 
Rank This Poster

I said to myself that if fitz was in fins would have put up 50.. but then I thought there was a chance there coulda been a few pics as well too n it could have got crazy in that sense

Tua didn't set the world on fire, but if you think about it he barely even played the first half.. n the second half they were being super conservative which I guess is the smart thing to do in that situation

Honestly his low numbers were more the drops than him.. I mean there were 3rd down passes hitting right in Williams n gaskins hands

PostPosted: Tue November 03, 2020 5:30 am 
Rank This Poster

What do u guys think of Gaskin??

I mean its early, but as of now I just kinda don't think he has what it takes.. he would be a serviceable backup, but he's not the man

PostPosted: Tue November 03, 2020 5:36 am 
for those who
are not...shall be

they have the best subdued aqua marine and mellon orange colors

that's why I liked them when I was 9

that's why I like I mean forgive them now

PostPosted: Tue November 03, 2020 12:23 pm 

i got bugs wrote:
What do u guys think of Gaskin??

I mean its early, but as of now I just kinda don't think he has what it takes.. he would be a serviceable backup, but he's not the man

Not much, but he's better than Howard at least. That guy's terrible. It would have been nice if Le'Veon Bell took the money and came to Miami, but he's probably washed anyway. My one disappointment from this past draft was not getting a RB in the second round. There were so many to choose from, and the one I really wanted (Dobbins) was the last one off the board one pick ahead of Miami. Oh well. There's always next off season.

PostPosted: Tue November 03, 2020 1:46 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Brieda and Howard were smart RB choices. Just didn’t work out. I’m glad we went with o line in draft. Easier to find a serviceable rb to plug in than good o linemen. Maybe we will see a trade for a good rb before the deadline. Gaskin has a good motor and work ethic but doesn’t have the tools to carry the load and move chains on short yardage situations.

PostPosted: Tue November 03, 2020 2:43 pm 

tree_ wrote:
Brieda and Howard were smart RB choices. Just didn’t work out. I’m glad we went with o line in draft. Easier to find a serviceable rb to plug in than good o linemen. Maybe we will see a trade for a good rb before the deadline. Gaskin has a good motor and work ethic but doesn’t have the tools to carry the load and move chains on short yardage situations.

I'm a big proponent of building from the lines and not overpaying for RBs. With 5 picks in the first two rounds in a draft with a lot of good RBs there was an opportunity to pick up a good young RB on a cheap contract under team control for 3-4 years, though. (Only two of those five picks were OL. Drafted a CB and DT in addition to Tua.) RB is not a priority position though, I agree with you there. Gaskin is serviceable and Breida is fine as a third down back. I've been anti-Howard from fantasy football for several years so I never liked that signing lol. But I'm not stressing RB right now.

PostPosted: Tue November 03, 2020 2:59 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

In the second round they picked DT Davis and OL Hunt. I’d still go with these over a back. It’s easier to remedy RB position than DT or OL. I was really expecting Howard to be the short yardage power back. Dunno what happened to him since that monster year in Chicago.

PostPosted: Tue November 03, 2020 10:47 pm 
Rank This Poster

Welp Gaskin out 3 weeks

PostPosted: Tue November 03, 2020 11:20 pm 
Future Drummer

I am just happy there's a big arm lefty QB in the NFL again, it's fun to watch.

PostPosted: Tue November 03, 2020 11:45 pm 

Dolphins dominating the trade deadline!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 113  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports