The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 113  Next
 Post subject: Re: the miami dolphins
PostPosted: Tue January 22, 2013 4:29 pm 
See you in another life, brother

lowlight79 wrote:
4/5 wrote:
I think Dolphins/Jets is more of a fan rivalry than the performance of the teams. Miami mostly owned the Jets for the 70s, 80s, and 90s.

THIS, i think pats fan and finns fans can also say we all really don't give a shit about the bills.

Well, the way the Bills destroyed season after season for the Dolphins in the 90s I used to really hate them. I couldn't have cared less about the Pats. I even rooted for them in the Super Bowls against the Rams and Eagles. It's not something I'm proud of, but that would never have happened with either the Bills or Jets.

These days I don't really care about the Bills much, so I guess you're right. I'm certain the hate would come back pretty quickly if it needed to, though.

PostPosted: Tue January 22, 2013 4:31 pm 

Green Habit wrote:
Do you feel that a geographic culture clash plays a big role?

Yes. So many transplanted New Yorkers.

PostPosted: Wed January 23, 2013 6:08 am 
Rank This Poster

hopefully the fins took notes from the afc championship on how to beat the pats..

hit hard as fuck

the pats recievers were scared shitless on every pass play.. especially wes welker, who choked and was scared shitless last superbowl.. i say target someone in the draft/free agency whos sole job is to make his life a living hell

PostPosted: Wed January 23, 2013 6:10 am 
Rank This Poster

even if this guy draws unnecessary rougness penalties from minute 1, fuck it

PostPosted: Thu January 24, 2013 12:43 am 
Site Admin

What on earth is going on with the Dolphins and Jake Long? Maybe he's fallen off the pace with the likes of Ryan Clady and Joe Thomas, but is he honestly not a top ten caliber left tackle? Normally I'd think that the Dolphins would at least franchise him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... i-dolphins

PostPosted: Thu January 24, 2013 12:22 pm 

It's a tricky situation. It'd cost over $15 million to franchise him. His rookie contract was pre-rookie wage scale, so it was monstrous. Joe Thomas got 7yr/$84 million and Long wants to be paid like that. His injuries keep piling up and his level of play has fallen off noticeably the past two seasons. I'd like to have him back, but not at that kind of price. He'll probably get a huge deal in free agency, so I fully expect that he's played his last game as a Dolphin.

If he does leave it definitely makes taking Long over Ryan even worse.

PostPosted: Thu January 24, 2013 4:19 pm 
Rank This Poster

no it doesnt.. did u warch ryan in the playoffs?? i think hes really overrated.. i know he had good numbers this year, but thats just because julio jones n his other recievers are incredible..you give those 3 guys to tannehill n hes wayy better

PostPosted: Thu January 24, 2013 4:25 pm 

Personally, I think Matt Ryan is underrated.

Hopefully we get to see what Tannehill can do with some talent around him next year.

PostPosted: Fri January 25, 2013 8:54 pm 
Future Drummer

i got bugs wrote:
no it doesnt.. did u warch ryan in the playoffs?? i think hes really overrated.. i know he had good numbers this year, but thats just because julio jones n his other recievers are incredible..you give those 3 guys to tannehill n hes wayy better

I watched him make it to the conference championship game. He's a top ten QB, which is worth much more than a LT.

PostPosted: Mon January 28, 2013 11:55 pm 
Site Admin

So Jake Long apparently wants at least $10 million annually.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -annually/

I really hope he doesn't blow contracts out of proportion and complicate the Ryan Clady negotiations.

PostPosted: Tue February 05, 2013 2:25 am 
Rank This Poster

Orpheus wrote:
i got bugs wrote:

I watched him make it to the conference championship game. He's a top ten QB, which is worth much more than a LT.

like i said, give me julio jones, roddy white, and tony gonzalez for tanny to throw to and i can see them in a conference championship too

i would say longs worth it and pay him, but he ll prob get hurt and be out half the year

also, its lookin like Greg? jennings is gonna be a dolphin

PostPosted: Tue March 05, 2013 8:45 pm 

What a way to kick off free agency: Brian Hartline $6-6.5 mil.

PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2013 4:56 pm 
AnalLog

I'm almost sold on Mike Wallace, I just hate how he seems to be feast or famine...but the idea that he not only can run a deep route, but can run a crossing pattern and take it 75 yeards kind of excites me

PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2013 6:18 pm 

MattA75 wrote:
I'm almost sold on Mike Wallace, I just hate how he seems to be feast or famine...but the idea that he not only can run a deep route, but can run a crossing pattern and take it 75 yeards kind of excites me

All the drops scare me a bit, but I'd still greatly prefer Miami gets Wallace over Jennings.

PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2013 6:43 pm 
Site Admin

I'd definitely be nervous that the Steelers have shown no inclination in locking him up long term, when they already did so for Antonio Brown, and would like to do so for Emmanuel Sanders.

PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2013 7:06 pm 
AnalLog

As much as I've started to be sick of Bill Simmons, his theory of "when signing another team's free agent, if the other team's fans are like 'ok, well, good luck with that', you're probably fucked" is pretty spot on

PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2013 7:43 pm 

MattA75 wrote:
As much as I've started to be sick of Bill Simmons, his theory of "when signing another team's free agent, if the other team's fans are like 'ok, well, good luck with that', you're probably fucked" is pretty spot on

Yeah, I buy that.

This would be the second time in five years they go out and get an uber talented WR that their own team didn't want. That usually isn't a great sign.

PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2013 8:05 pm 
Site Admin

4/5 wrote:
MattA75 wrote:

Yeah, I buy that.

This would be the second time in five years they go out and get an uber talented WR that their own team didn't want. That usually isn't a great sign.
So, all of the Brandon Marshall wheeling and dealing has resulted in this:

Bears: Brandon Marshall
Dolphins: Michael Egnew, BJ Cunningham, and a pending 3 this year.
Broncos: Orlando Franklin and part of Phillip Blake and Danny Trevathan (via the Tebow trade to the Jets)

PostPosted: Thu March 07, 2013 2:41 pm 

Green Habit wrote:
4/5 wrote:
MattA75 wrote:

Yeah, I buy that.

So, all of the Brandon Marshall wheeling and dealing has resulted in this:

Bears: Brandon Marshall
Dolphins: Michael Egnew, BJ Cunningham, and a pending 3 this year.
Broncos: Orlando Franklin and part of Phillip Blake and Danny Trevathan (via the Tebow trade to the Jets)

What a disaster for Miami. :?

PostPosted: Fri March 08, 2013 1:39 pm 

It's official. 5yr/$30mil for Hartline. :|

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 113  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports