The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 113  Next
 Post subject: Re: the miami dolphins
PostPosted: Thu January 03, 2019 2:10 pm 
See you in another life, brother

I know that I should care but I kind of don't care who they hire. I think the biggest victory of the offseason is that Tannenbaum is out and Ross appears to have embraced the need for a full rebuild even if it means an awful year or two. None of the names excite me, just the same old retreads or brand new coordinators who happen to be on good teams and quite possibly aren't at all responsible for the success of their teams.

PostPosted: Tue March 19, 2019 4:01 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

4/5 wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
4/5 wrote:
I hate this team so much.
They are going to be in such salary cap hell a few years down the road. Thanks to idiotically restructuring that huge Suh salary he's going to count almost $10 million against him just in prorated bonuses alone.

I'm so glad you said this.

I feel like I'm going crazy because I'm the only one yelling, "DON'T RESTRUCTURE HIM!!! TAKE THE CAP HIT THIS YEAR AND BE DONE WITH IT!!!" We're not going to win this way either way, just absorb it and move on.

I'm so sick of this strategy of just creating future dead money. This team is run so poorly, making the same mistakes over and over and over and over and over and over.

PostPosted: Tue March 19, 2019 4:05 pm 

tree_ wrote:
4/5 wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
4/5 wrote:
I hate this team so much.
They are going to be in such salary cap hell a few years down the road. Thanks to idiotically restructuring that huge Suh salary he's going to count almost $10 million against him just in prorated bonuses alone.

I'm so glad you said this.

I feel like I'm going crazy because I'm the only one yelling, "DON'T RESTRUCTURE HIM!!! TAKE THE CAP HIT THIS YEAR AND BE DONE WITH IT!!!" We're not going to win this way either way, just absorb it and move on.

I'm so sick of this strategy of just creating future dead money. This team is run so poorly, making the same mistakes over and over and over and over and over and over.

I may be wrong about a lot of things, but on this day I was definitely right.

PostPosted: Tue March 19, 2019 4:58 pm 
Site Admin

Pretty funny that Suh remains unsigned after being so overly sought after and paid for so long.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 3:20 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article230170644.html

Pretty interesting article, here. The only real difference I see is that I believe Grier, Flores and his staff to be far more competent than the 2012 regime. I have faith in them, as of now.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 2:13 pm 
AnalLog

tree_ wrote:
https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article230170644.html

Pretty interesting article, here. The only real difference I see is that I believe Grier, Flores and his staff to be far more competent than the 2012 regime. I have faith in them, as of now.

yeah, Armando is an idiot...Jeff Ireland is a complete buffoon, and even if Flores ends up not being a great Xs and Os coach (who knows, maybe he will be), the fact that he's done more to establish a culture in 3 months than Philbin ever did tells you a lot

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 2:47 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Liking the throwbacks again.. damnit they really need to just make these things permanent! The new unis have never looked good to me.. looks like a hotel emblem or something

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 3:41 pm 
Site Admin

tree_ wrote:
Liking the throwbacks again.. damnit they really need to just make these things permanent! The new unis have never looked good to me.. looks like a hotel emblem or something
The new uniforms themselves are OK, but they really shouldn't have tweaked the logo.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 10:07 pm 

Green Habit wrote:
tree_ wrote:
The new uniforms themselves are OK, but they really shouldn't have tweaked the logo.

Nah, the new logo is good, it's definitely better than the 1998-2012ish logo. My perfect world would be the new logo with the old uni's. The current uniforms are much better after last year's tweak with the bolder orange and fixing the font, but god the classic uniforms are so sexy.

PostPosted: Wed June 19, 2019 3:34 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

I'm getting optimistic about this season. I will be happy if they win seven games. This team will be more fun to watch for many reasons, including the creativity and unpredictability of the play-calling and all the fresh young, bushy-tailed players on the roster. Sign me up for 2019.

PostPosted: Wed June 26, 2019 11:48 pm 
Rank This Poster

Every publication has them shitting the bed.. as they did last year n without the injuries, who knows..

Honestly I think they upgraded in pretty much every spot from last year while cutting costs.. wilson n bess back healthy.. who knows..

PostPosted: Thu June 27, 2019 12:42 am 
Site Admin

I don't think they're a playoff team, but I also don't think they're 1st overall pick bad and it is annoying how many people are lazily jumping down that rabbit hole.

PostPosted: Mon July 01, 2019 7:08 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

I think they're a surprise breakout pass-rusher away from having a great defense. He may be on the roster. I also think the same about the offensive line. If the O-line can be productive the offense has a chance to be special. This team might surprise you.

PostPosted: Wed July 10, 2019 3:15 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

PostPosted: Thu July 18, 2019 3:05 am 
Rank This Poster

Worst ranked team on madden, completely trashed in fantasy football index

Fuck them, hoping some of these young guys step up n prove people wrong

PostPosted: Thu July 18, 2019 4:34 am 
for those who
are not...shall be

14 minutes ago I sang the full unadulterated Miami dolphin theme song. 14 minutes later I sign on to RM without looking and what is the last adulterated thread?

The miami dolphins

Coincidence?

Prolly

PostPosted: Wed July 31, 2019 12:27 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Fitzpatrick is beating out Rosen for the starting job. Lol, good luck with that, Miami.

PostPosted: Wed July 31, 2019 6:32 pm 
Site Admin

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Fitzpatrick is beating out Rosen for the starting job. Lol, good luck with that, Miami.
MIA's first four games are BAL, NE, @DAL, LAC. I think a lot of people would be happy if that's when we get our annual month of Fitzmagic before he turns back into a pumpkin just in time for October.

PostPosted: Wed July 31, 2019 7:50 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

It's still early and Rosen is VERY young. He is working on things like identifying the MIKE. Once he learns the system better and how to make pre-snap reads, he'll be able to let loose and just play the game and not think so hard. Fitzpatrick, with all his years in the league, knows all the basics already. Rosen will overtake him. It's just a matter of time.

PostPosted: Wed July 31, 2019 8:11 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Rosen is terrible. I hope the Dolphins cut him. The team deserves better.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 113  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports