Switch to full style
Discuss your hatred for the Yankees here.
Post a reply

Re: 2015 NFL Offseason

Tue July 28, 2015 4:31 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:Highlight reel for new Falcons ball boy.

Love it.

Fri July 31, 2015 3:09 pm

Lol@sheldon richardson. Quick Roger! More deflate gate in the news asap!

Fri July 31, 2015 4:06 pm

verb_to_trust wrote:Lol@sheldon richardson. Quick Roger! More deflate gate in the news asap!

is it true he had a loaded gun on the front seat next to him and a 12 year old kid in the back?

Fri July 31, 2015 5:15 pm

I'm sure he had the proper permits

Fri July 31, 2015 5:47 pm

Richardson was driving, w/ a gun under his seat, three passengers one of whom was 12.

Jets looking smart for drafting Williams.

Any commentary on Washington's recent signing? How about the beginning of the end for the Seasquacks? Way down the list is Steven Jackson requesting work from Jerry Jones... but no, let's let Deflategate linger further into this season.

Fri July 31, 2015 6:53 pm

I think the Seahawks thing is overstated. They still have a great roster for the next few years and have been a good drafting team. The outlook at QB and in general for their division opponents is also pretty unsettled.

Fri July 31, 2015 9:18 pm

Orpheus wrote:I think the Seahawks thing is overstated. They still have a great roster for the next few years and have been a good drafting team. The outlook at QB and in general for their division opponents is also pretty unsettled.

I'm not saying they'll disappear from playoff contention after this season, but the following starters have contracts up after this year:

Okung, Mebane, Wagner, Irwin, Lane, Sweezy

With this next group up for raises following the next year:

Hauschka, Baldwin, Simon

Teams have had a hard time staying dominant after their young qb's got their second contract.

Fri July 31, 2015 10:03 pm

They have Wilson, Lynch, Graham, Bennett, Avril, Wright, Chancellor, Thomas, Sherman locked up through 2017. I know that's not forever, but who wouldn't want that for the next three years?

Also, I think their front office has shown that it can identify talent with the best of them.

Sat August 01, 2015 1:32 am

Three of those players you mentioned are of any real importance to the team.

Sat August 01, 2015 2:13 am

Orpheus wrote:Three of those players you mentioned are of any real importance to the team.
I'll assume you mean my list, not Self's, and again, I'm not saying they won't be competitive, just that they won't be the juggernaut they've been the last three seasons or will be this coming year.

Wed August 12, 2015 2:15 pm

Fri March 09, 2018 6:28 pm

elliseamos wrote:Teams have had a hard time staying dominant after their young qb's got their second contract.

Not sayin... I'm just sayin.

Fri March 09, 2018 6:42 pm

Sat March 10, 2018 4:18 pm

elliseamos wrote:
elliseamos wrote:Teams have had a hard time staying dominant after their young qb's got their second contract.

Three years is a long time in the NFL and they were in the playoffs every year but the last, which they narrowly missed. I think we were both a little right on this one.

Sat March 10, 2018 5:03 pm

Orpheus wrote:
elliseamos wrote:

Three years is a long time in the NFL and they were in the playoffs every year but the last, which they narrowly missed. I think we were both a little right on this one.

Yup. Looking back, I'd say the Graham trade had a bigger negative impact than Wilson's contract.

Sat March 10, 2018 5:10 pm

Pretty much all of their trades have been relative losses, even the ones last year. They also had the freak injury to Malik McDowell, who was supposed to be their future at DT.

Sat March 10, 2018 5:15 pm

The prep that went into this offseason turned out pretty well. :)

Sat March 10, 2018 5:18 pm

Orpheus wrote:Pretty much all of their trades have been relative losses, even the ones last year. They also had the freak injury to Malik McDowell, who was supposed to be their future at DT.

I'd say they won the Cassius Marsh for Justin Coleman deal.
Post a reply