Switch to full style
Discuss your hatred for the Yankees here.
Post a reply

Re: 2015 NFL Offseason

Fri July 10, 2015 8:18 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:Greg? Hardy's suspension down to 4 games.

Seriously. If Brady's suspension isn't reduced it is going to take away what little credibility the league and commissioner have left. Moreso because of the huge reduction in Hardy's suspension, not because of Tom Brady. But by having equal suspensions you are basically trivializing what Hardy did, right?
I'll just use his next tweet:

Fri July 10, 2015 8:57 pm

Aww crap.

Sat July 11, 2015 5:50 pm

Collusion really?

Paying WRs big contracts is not the recipe for success in the NFL.

Why would they need to collude?

Sat July 11, 2015 6:09 pm

Electromatic wrote:Collusion really?

So they don't pay those WRs big contracts?

I think this kind of thing happens all the time, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Falcons have also been paying attention with Julio Jones entering a contract year (and the Bengals with AJ Green). I'm just less hopeful now that a deal with DT is going to get done.

Sat July 11, 2015 6:25 pm

Green Habit wrote:
Electromatic wrote:Collusion really?

So they don't pay those WRs big contracts?

I think this kind of thing happens all the time, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Falcons have also been paying attention with Julio Jones entering a contract year (and the Bengals with AJ Green). I'm just less hopeful now that a deal with DT is going to get done.

Do you think they called each other to decide that though? They should call their union reps and bitch that they accepted the franchise tag.

Why pay a WR long term? The return simply isn't what it is for QBs and pass rushers.

If they aren't franchised at least once the team is a little nuts.

Sun July 12, 2015 4:07 pm

wr conversations make me think of this here

Sun July 12, 2015 8:50 pm

I think it's worth it to pay money for an overall great group of receivers (like GB), but paying one guy that much money is generally foolish.

Sun July 12, 2015 9:46 pm

I'm excited to hear mecca's thoughts on the Bill's assistant coach who went full True Detective on a group of kids: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13243 ... ery-charge

Kromer and his son allegedly confronted three boys, who had been fishing on the beach, over the use of beach chairs.

Kromer, 48, has been accused of pushing one of the boys to the ground and punching him in the face after throwing the fishing pole into the water. Kromer allegedly then ordered that the chairs be returned to where they were found and told the boy that he would kill his family if he reported him to the police, according to the statement.

Sun July 12, 2015 9:47 pm

#LITERALLYBillsMafia

Mon July 13, 2015 1:34 am

Rex Ryan said he wanted to build a bully

Mon July 13, 2015 1:36 am

Mecca wrote:Rex Ryan said he wanted to build a bully

So far A+

Mon July 13, 2015 2:11 am

Same Kromer that broke locker room confidentiality last year with the Bears and the started crying in front of everyone when he was called out on it?

This guy...

Mon July 13, 2015 7:34 pm

Here's a funny chain of tweets:

Tue July 14, 2015 11:43 pm

elliseamos wrote:wr conversations make me think of this here

Bingo. The shiny hood ornament.

Wed July 15, 2015 1:41 am

on my beautiful babies

Wed July 15, 2015 4:35 pm

Shame on Kraft and the Patriots organization for not keeping up the fight, if this proves to be true and the NFLPA whips the NFL in court again:
http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/i ... -ban-stays
NFLPA to fight Tom Brady ruling in court if any of QB's ban remains

The NFL Players Association is expected to contest the results of Tom Brady's appeal in federal court if any of the New England Patriots quarterback's four-game suspension remains, union sources told ABC News' Ryan Smith.

If Brady's suspension is lifted when commissioner Roger Goodell announces his ruling and he is fined instead, the quarterback will decide whether to challenge the decision in court.

If the NFLPA does challenge the appeal verdict in court, it will argue:

• The ball-deflation policy was incorrectly applied to Brady, as the rules were meant for club personnel and not players.

• Against the "general awareness" standard used by Ted Wells' investigators to determine Brady's involvement.

• If it is determined the ball-deflation policy did apply to Brady, the league failed to give him notice of the penalty, in essence making up the punishment with precedent.

• The NFL doesn't have proper techniques and standards for measuring deflation of footballs.

• Goodell should have recused himself as the arbitrator for Brady's appeal hearing.

The commissioner said last week that he expected to have a ruling soon, possibly sometime this week.

In addition to Brady's four-game suspension, the Patriots were fined $1 million and stripped of a 2016 first-round draft choice and 2017 fourth-round selection as a result of the Wells report. Patriots owner Robert Kraft said at the owners meetings in May that he "reluctantly" accepted the team's portion of the penalty.

Wed July 15, 2015 8:26 pm

Guys got paid today. Joey and I should both be happy, but he gets to be happier because Houston's going to really jack up Von Miller's salary.

Wed July 15, 2015 8:50 pm

Houston and Dez are both A+ players and deserve all the money they got.

Wed July 15, 2015 8:51 pm

Orpheus wrote:Houston and Dez are both A+ players and deserve all the money they got.
Forgot to mention you too--I'm sure you're happy about the Dez news.

Wed July 15, 2015 9:23 pm

Green Habit wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:Greg? Hardy's suspension down to 4 games.

Seriously. If Brady's suspension isn't reduced it is going to take away what little credibility the league and commissioner have left. Moreso because of the huge reduction in Hardy's suspension, not because of Tom Brady. But by having equal suspensions you are basically trivializing what Hardy did, right?
I'll just use his next tweet:

Tampering with the fabric of the game, ie: cheating or gambling, typically does get a bigger penalty than anything off the field... See Pete Rose or Mark McGwire, etc...

It's kinda stupid to try to compare these two punishments and offenses.
Post a reply