Switch to full style
Discuss your hatred for the Yankees here.
Post a reply

Re: New England Patriots

Wed April 19, 2017 9:10 pm

Green Habit wrote:

It's probably just that all that winning gets boring after awhile.

Wed April 19, 2017 9:55 pm

doug rr wrote:I wonder how many BRONCOS will show up next year
#MakeThePlayoffsGreatAgain

Thu April 20, 2017 12:03 am

doug rr wrote:I wonder how many BRONCOS will show up next year

Zero.

Thu April 20, 2017 12:37 am

Thu April 20, 2017 1:19 am

I fucking love that

Thu April 20, 2017 4:06 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:I fucking love that

gronk somehow humanized sean spicer just a little

Mon May 15, 2017 5:23 pm

:lol:

Wed May 24, 2017 5:04 pm

Patriots Become 1st NFL Team to Sponsor LGBT Flag Football Group's 'Gay Bowl'

It was announced Saturday that the New England Patriots are set to sponsor Gay Bowl 17, which is a national championship tournament for LGBT flag football teams.

According to Cyd Zeigler of OutSports, the sponsorship was announced by Boston's LGBT Flag Football group and later confirmed by the Pats.

The tourney will be held in Boston in October.

Per Zeigler, the event has been held since 2002, and 40 teams are expected to compete this year.

According to the Gay Bowl's official website, there will be Open 'A,' Open 'B,' and women's divisions at the tournament to be held at Progin Park in Lancaster, Massachusetts.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2711 ... =editorial

Wed May 24, 2017 6:04 pm

Thinking of joining a team to help them win only to have to forfeit when they find out I'm not a lesbian.

Is it in Boston or Lancaster?

Tue May 30, 2017 8:40 pm

Thu August 03, 2017 11:37 am

Tom Brady is 40 today

Thu August 03, 2017 4:14 pm

Mon August 14, 2017 8:06 pm

I just watched the last two minutes and the OT of the tuck rule game on YouTube. My god.

Mon August 14, 2017 8:08 pm

Simple Torture wrote:I just watched the last two minutes and the OT of the tuck rule game on YouTube. My god.
I should probably watch that for some good old fashioned Raider schadenfreude.

Mon August 14, 2017 8:26 pm

Green Habit wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:I just watched the last two minutes and the OT of the tuck rule game on YouTube. My god.
I should probably watch that for some good old fashioned Raider schadenfreude.

Every time I watch highlights or even think about that game, what comes into my head first is this shot:

How the hell does he make that kick???

Mon August 14, 2017 8:26 pm

Last week Bill Simmons did a "Top 25 Patriots Games" podcast. I'm working on my own top 10 right now.

Fri January 05, 2018 9:19 am

uh oh...

https://clutchpoints.com/patriots-news- ... garoppolo/

Fri January 05, 2018 12:32 pm

I’m just pretending this isn’t happening. I do NOT want to have to choose between Bill and Brady.

Fri January 05, 2018 2:26 pm

spike wrote:uh oh...

https://clutchpoints.com/patriots-news- ... garoppolo/

I'm not sure how much I believe most of that.

Brady is going to hang it up sometime, but it's not this year and it's probably not next year or possibly even the year after. Brady was by many metrics the best QB in the league this year. I think he is Pro Football Focus's First Team All Pro.

Jimmy Garoppolo is clearly ready to play, so for right now, he's an asset that they can flip for (seemingly) the most valuable commodity available to Belichick and company namely a 2nd round pick. There are spades of guys in the next few years the Patriots can draft and groom, I don't know if they'll be better than Jimmy G or not, but given his history I don't think it's all that reasonable for Brady to "demand" a trade even if he's miffed that his psudoscience buddy trainer isn't as close to the team anymore. Garoppolo was not much of a threat to Brady at all. The end is not nigh so to speak. He was outplaying Jimmy G in the Pat's offense.

For San Fran, it's a gift, they won't find better value at QB with their 1st or 2nd pick, and he's a tremendous fit for Shannahan.

I simply don't buy Robert Kraft all of a sudden getting into a personnel moves right after another Super Bowl win and I don't really buy Belichick "caving" or whatever they are trying to imply. He values 2nd round draft picks very highly, Jimmy G was a backup QB in the New England System. Both teams fill a need.

It's a nice juicy story, but I tend to believe it is loosely based in reality.

Fri January 05, 2018 2:34 pm

Electromatic wrote:

I'm not sure how much I believe most of that.

Brady is going to hang it up sometime, but it's not this year and it's probably not next year or possibly even the year after. Brady was by many metrics the best QB in the league this year. I think he is Pro Football Focus's First Team All Pro.

Jimmy Garoppolo is clearly ready to play, so for right now, he's an asset that they can flip for (seemingly) the most valuable commodity available to Belichick and company namely a 2nd round pick. There are spades of guys in the next few years the Patriots can draft and groom, I don't know if they'll be better than Jimmy G or not, but given his history I don't think it's all that reasonable for Brady to "demand" a trade even if he's miffed that his psudoscience buddy trainer isn't as close to the team anymore. Garoppolo was not much of a threat to Brady at all. The end is not nigh so to speak. He was outplaying Jimmy G in the Pat's offense.

For San Fran, it's a gift, they won't find better value at QB with their 1st or 2nd pick, and he's a tremendous fit for Shannahan.

I simply don't buy Robert Kraft all of a sudden getting into a personnel moves right after another Super Bowl win and I don't really buy Belichick "caving" or whatever they are trying to imply. He values 2nd round draft picks very highly, Jimmy G was a backup QB in the New England System. Both teams fill a need.

It's a nice juicy story, but I tend to believe it is loosely based in reality.

where there's smoke, there's fire. :twisted:
Post a reply