Switch to full style
Discuss your hatred for the Yankees here.
Post a reply

Re: New England Patriots

Thu March 16, 2017 3:06 pm

I thought they already got cooks without having to trade Butler?

Thu March 16, 2017 3:19 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:I thought they already got cooks without having to trade Butler?

They did. When that deal was done, though, there were sources that said the teams left a Butler trade open for discussion.

Thu March 16, 2017 4:12 pm

Simple Torture wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:I thought they already got cooks without having to trade Butler?

They did. When that deal was done, though, there were sources that said the teams left a Butler trade open for discussion.

Yeah, Cooks had to be traded before Monday so NO wouldnt be responsible for his roster bonus, and Butler has still yet to sign his RFA tender and cant be traded. Word is the Pats and Saints agreed to the Cooks trade with the understanding that if they can work out a deal with Butler, the Pats will trade him to NO for their own 1st rounder that they just sent to NO, rather than NO having to give up their first rounder.

Thu March 16, 2017 8:12 pm

numbers wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

Yeah, Cooks had to be traded before Monday so NO wouldnt be responsible for his roster bonus, and Butler has still yet to sign his RFA tender and cant be traded. Word is the Pats and Saints agreed to the Cooks trade with the understanding that if they can work out a deal with Butler, the Pats will trade him to NO for their own 1st rounder that they just sent to NO, rather than NO having to give up their first rounder.

I'm like 99% sure that you have to give up your own draft pick when working through RFA deals, i.e. you can't use a pick you've received from another team to complete the transaction.

Thu March 16, 2017 10:29 pm

Simple Torture wrote:
numbers wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

I'm like 99% sure that you have to give up your own draft pick when working through RFA deals, i.e. you can't use a pick you've received from another team to complete the transaction.

This is true and probably why Butler has at least some say. To make the deal happen, he probably has to sign his tender and work out a deal with NO.

Thu March 16, 2017 10:30 pm

go broncos

Thu March 16, 2017 10:32 pm

Doug

Thu March 16, 2017 10:34 pm

hey

Thu March 16, 2017 11:06 pm

I hope you enjoy the beers you get to have this weekend.

Thu March 16, 2017 11:19 pm

Self wrote:I hope you enjoy the beers you get to have this weekend.

i'll probably have a couple...i've got 2 bottles of jameson packed in my golf bag as well. just found out we're invited to a pig roast on monday night

Thu March 16, 2017 11:33 pm

I haven't been to a pig roast in a long time.

Thu March 16, 2017 11:40 pm

Self wrote:I haven't been to a pig roast in a long time.

come out on monday..I'll save you a cheek

Fri March 17, 2017 2:33 pm

Self wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
numbers wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

This is true and probably why Butler has at least some say. To make the deal happen, he probably has to sign his tender and work out a deal with NO.

You do have to give up your own pick, but if he signs the tender the Pats can trade him for whatever they want.

Fri March 17, 2017 2:49 pm

numbers wrote:
Self wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
numbers wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

You do have to give up your own pick, but if he signs the tender the Pats can trade him for whatever they want.

That's what I said, Mick.

Fri March 17, 2017 3:38 pm

Self wrote:
numbers wrote:
Self wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
numbers wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

That's what I said, Mick.

My bad, I didnt see your post.

Fri March 17, 2017 3:43 pm

You have me foe'd, don't you?

Fri March 17, 2017 3:47 pm

Foeing is for weaklings, I'm just incompetent.

Sat March 18, 2017 1:40 am

Never foe. Censorship!

Wed April 19, 2017 8:50 pm

Wed April 19, 2017 8:55 pm

I wonder how many BRONCOS will show up next year
Post a reply