The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1726 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 87  Next
 Post subject: Re: New England Patriots
PostPosted: Fri January 05, 2018 2:47 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

My heart can't take this

PostPosted: Fri January 05, 2018 4:41 pm 
Site Admin

Regardless of drama, Father Time is going to catch up to Brady at some point. If it happens in 2018 the Patriots could be in deep trouble if they can't hit on another QB in the draft. I realize it may not have been practical to keep Garoppolo after this season but Belichick's usually good with succession plans.

Of course, if Belichick really wanted to be ruthless he could have traded Brady to his childhood team. :twisted: That's long been an alternate history favorite of mine.

PostPosted: Fri January 05, 2018 5:07 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

I 100% think Bill’s plan was to move on from Brady after this season.

PostPosted: Fri January 05, 2018 5:47 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

They'll win it this year, just because Brady is pissed off about it all now. But next year could be his last, as he is probably losing his OC, DC, and Bill's trust.

PostPosted: Fri January 05, 2018 6:12 pm 
Polluted

PostPosted: Fri January 05, 2018 6:23 pm 
Site Admin

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
They'll win it this year, just because Brady is pissed off about it all now. But next year could be his last, as he is probably losing his OC, DC, and Bill's trust.
If they win it this year, Belichick should just retire and leave McDaniels with the Brady breakdown era.

PostPosted: Sat January 06, 2018 11:50 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

None of this aside from the news that the Pats offered Jimmy a contract is new news. Local media have been reporting this and that for the whole year. I do believe most of it.

Still, I can't even count how many times that the media or non-Pats fans have counted the Patriots out, done, finished, ovahhh. Eventually a blind squirrel catches a nut so at some point the "this is the end" prediction will ring true.

PostPosted: Sat January 06, 2018 11:55 pm 
The Master

u mad bro?

PostPosted: Sun January 07, 2018 12:24 am 
Mind Your Tanners

the only thing that disappoints me was trading Jimmy. other than that, no, not at all.

PostPosted: Sun January 07, 2018 12:48 am 
The Master

it sounds similar to the final days of favre in green bay, though the packers made the baller move and didn't put one player - no matter how great - above what's best for the franchise long term.

PostPosted: Sun January 07, 2018 12:58 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

spike wrote:
it sounds similar to the final days of favre in green bay, though the packers made the baller move and didn't put one player - no matter how great - above what's best for the franchise long term.

That's been Belichik's MO for years. If he traded Brady to Cleveland for the #1 pick I wouldn't be shocked at all (not that I think it will happen, just that it wouldn't be totally shocking).

PostPosted: Sun January 07, 2018 2:02 am 
Future Drummer

They kinda got hosed on the Jimmy G deal. Only a 2nd round pick for a guy who looks like a possible top 10 QB? Should've been a 1st and a 2nd at least.

PostPosted: Sun January 07, 2018 2:15 am 
The Master

Simple Torture wrote:
spike wrote:

That's been Belichik's MO for years. If he traded Brady to Cleveland for the #1 pick I wouldn't be shocked at all (not that I think it will happen, just that it wouldn't be totally shocking).

i'm referring to the trading jimmy g move. the packers didn't trade rodgers.

PostPosted: Sun January 07, 2018 2:01 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

The only thing that really shocked me with personnel this year was trading both Brissett and Jimmy.

GM Bill turned two back ups into a #3 WR (which came in pretty handy after Hogan got hurt). And a 2nd rounder next year. Maybe it was just a need at WR and the ungodly number of FAs this offseason, or (most optimistically) maybe he feels like QBs are entering the league with better skills and he feels confident they can get someone in the draft that will be at Brissett's level (and above Hoyer's) come August.

We'll see, I'm happy to have yet another chance to see a super bowl championship. Each year feels like a farewell tour at this point.

PostPosted: Sun January 07, 2018 2:21 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

spike wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
spike wrote:

It's really hard to fairly compare the Pats situation to any other team; their run is unmatched in the NFL and the dynamics of putting team above all else has worked out pretty well for them.

The Pats have dealt away plenty of stars in Milloy, Seymour, Collins, Branch, Chandler Jones, etc. They've made plenty of "baller" moves.

PostPosted: Sun January 07, 2018 2:38 pm 

ESPN is really running with this for ratings, huh? There's an E:60 on it now

PostPosted: Sun January 07, 2018 3:18 pm 
The Master

Coach wrote:
spike wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
spike wrote:

It's really hard to fairly compare the Pats situation to any other team; their run is unmatched in the NFL and the dynamics of putting team above all else has worked out pretty well for them.

The Pats have dealt away plenty of stars in Milloy, Seymour, Collins, Branch, Chandler Jones, etc. They've made plenty of "baller" moves.

That's a fair point; the Packers' may've felt more pressure to yield to Favre's demands had he led them to a SB victory the year before.

Still, it's a huge gamble to put all your chips on a 40 year old football player playing for several more seasons. BB must be fuming.

PostPosted: Sun January 07, 2018 3:48 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

spike wrote:
Coach wrote:
spike wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
spike wrote:

That's a fair point; the Packers' may've felt more pressure to yield to Favre's demands had he led them to a SB victory the year before.

Still, it's a huge gamble to put all your chips on a 40 year old football player playing for several more seasons. BB must be fuming.

No doubt, if I had it my way this season would be Brady's last in New England and we'd begin next season with Jimmy G. Now we've got to draft another QB and hope we strike gold again. Still, I've been guilty of slamming the Pats for giving up on players in their prime, so what do I know.

PostPosted: Sun January 07, 2018 5:24 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Hey Pats fans... you're goddamn welcome.

PostPosted: Sun January 07, 2018 6:39 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Not to be a jerk, but I wanted to play an Andy Reid coached team.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1726 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 87  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports