Switch to full style
Discuss your hatred for the Yankees here.
Post a reply

Re: The Green Bay Packers

Mon January 02, 2017 9:03 pm

Green Habit wrote:
Orpheus wrote:What would Manning's career have looked like with almost two decades of coaching and management from Belichick?
This came dangerously close to happening--if Manning declared early he's likely going to the Jets with the first overall pick, who had a soon-to-be-retiring-again Bill Parcells, and Belichick as DC. I actually wrote an alternate history on this in which Belichick doesn't leave the Jets at the altar with Manning in the building.

I bet you could get on Mike & Mike in the Morning on a slow news day with that.

Mon January 02, 2017 9:14 pm

I like how this debate is occurring in this particular thread.

Mon January 02, 2017 9:23 pm

Kaius wrote:I like how this debate is occurring in this particular thread.

Thanks for stopping by to pay your respects.

Mon January 02, 2017 11:13 pm

Orpheus wrote:
Coach wrote:I think that Brady is now the gold standard for all NFL quarterbacks. It was funny when people thought Manning was better. That debate is over.

The debate isn't over IMO, because Brady had much better organizational support. What would Manning's career have looked like with almost two decades of coaching and management from Belichick? I don't want to hear anything about Brady's "bad luck," considering he really hasn't had any. When their offense wasn't the focal point they had a great defense; when the defense started slipping they put together their excellent offensive teams, and in years like 2014 they had both. In the offensive-driven years he has played with likely the greatest slot receiver ever, the greatest WR ever, likely the greatest TE ever, and another player that I think would have made the Hall of Fame in Hernandez if he could've stayed clean. The benefit he has received being a part of the most excellent football organization since Walsh's 49ers cannot be overstated. They went 3-1 without him this year and 11-5 the last time he was out for the year. Manning's Colt's got the #1 pick the year he missed. It's night and day.

Also, Manning's injury was much more severe than Brady's and probably knocked 2-3 good years off his career. And for a last point, I know Pats fans will never cop to this, but the whole cheating thing can't be ignored.

:shake: :lol:

Tue December 12, 2017 2:18 am

https://www.jsonline.com/story/communit ... 940211001/

Tue December 12, 2017 2:20 am

spike wrote:https://www.jsonline.com/story/communities/lake-country/sports/2017/12/11/who-am-supposed-cheer-get-packers-into-playoffs/940211001/

thanks - i was wondering about this

Tue December 12, 2017 3:16 am

lol

Tue January 08, 2019 1:36 pm

This whole hire an "offensive whiz kid" thing has really hit peak levels.

Tue January 08, 2019 1:54 pm

run2death wrote:This whole hire an "offensive whiz kid" thing has really hit peak levels.

The Titans aren't really known for their offense, though. This is a puzzling hire. I would have thought with ARod heading into the twilight of his career, they'd pick someone he wanted as coach.

Tue January 08, 2019 2:04 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
run2death wrote:This whole hire an "offensive whiz kid" thing has really hit peak levels.

The Titans aren't really known for their offense, though. This is a puzzling hire. I would have thought with ARod heading into the twilight of his career, they'd pick someone he wanted as coach.

I guess they're looking at how he worked with Goff and Ryan before going to the Titans.

Tue January 08, 2019 2:10 pm

It’s similar to when they hired McCarthy. Offensive whiz but the Niners weren’t any good when he left. That worked out, so I have faith.

Fri April 16, 2021 6:52 pm

Wed December 29, 2021 10:46 pm

It’s starting to feel like Rodgers may be a Packer beyond this season. They probably have to make it to the Super Bowl though.

Mon January 03, 2022 4:16 am

First round bye clinched 8-)

Mon January 03, 2022 4:22 am

Congrats to the Pack on another successful regular season.

Mon January 03, 2022 4:26 am

congrats, spike

they’re definitely the best in the nfc.

Mon January 03, 2022 4:26 am

Goddammit lenny

Mon January 03, 2022 4:27 am

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:Congrats to the Pack on another successful regular season.

:|

Mon January 03, 2022 4:28 am

Pack/Titans Superbowl?

Mon January 03, 2022 4:34 am

Pack/Bengals
Post a reply