Switch to full style
Discuss your hatred for the Yankees here.
Post a reply

Re: Official WWE/Pro Wrestling thread

Tue April 09, 2019 1:03 pm

numbers wrote:
Anders wrote:Bret is way too negative. He was a good tag team wrestler, and then a great singles wrestler for a few years. I would cheer for him against Michaels back then, and also defend him as being better. But this was in the early to mid 90s. Since then Shawn has had a remarkable career, and Bret has done nothing but whine. Even near the end, Undertaker vs Shawn on Wrestlemania 25 changed the business.

I basically agree with you, but in Bret’s defense they did kill his brother.

I fully understand any sort of feeling he would have in that matter. That was terrible.

Tue April 09, 2019 1:08 pm

numbers wrote:I watched NXT, MLW, ROH/NJPW and Mania and Riddle-Dream was the best match of the weekend.

I think it was probably only the third best match at Takeover. The main event was off the charts. Up there with Kofi vs Bryan.

Tue April 09, 2019 1:22 pm

Anders wrote:
numbers wrote:I watched NXT, MLW, ROH/NJPW and Mania and Riddle-Dream was the best match of the weekend.

I think it was probably only the third best match at Takeover. The main event was off the charts. Up there with Kofi vs Bryan.

I know most people are rating Gargano/Cole as the best match but I loved Dream-Riddle, especially the finishing sequence. That’s not to take anything away from Gargano/Cole, Dunne/Walter(which was fantastic,) Bryan/Kofi or Ibushi/Naito, all were great matches.

Tue April 09, 2019 2:53 pm

They have to start thinking about making this a two-night event, right? RIGHT??

I was into the show and when Reigns-McIntyre started I thought, "Great, only a couple of matches left before the main." Then I remembered HHH still hadn't had his 40 minute annual Wrestlemania slog of a match so I bailed. No way I was going to stay up and sit through that.

Tue April 09, 2019 2:59 pm

They already have Takeover and The Hall of Fame. But I'm sure they could do something to have another show if they chose to.

However...they could easily have cut about five matches.

One example: No Rey, no Corbin, no Elias. Put them in the Battle Royale. Have Joe vs Angle for the US title and Kurt's last match, all in one. One last chance at a title for Kurt. Cena could do his segment with Joe after the match.

Tue April 09, 2019 8:25 pm

Watched RAW. Felt the crowd was a bit weak for a Raw after Wrestlemania. There were some good moments, but no good matches. Undertaker, New Day, Lars Sullivan, Zayn, Roode/Gable heal turn, Lacey Evans. The talking parts were probably the best parts, with Rollins and Corbin. The Man was rather boring.

Wed April 10, 2019 12:31 am

random thoughts

aleister's entrance looks stupid
i hate jerry lawler
samoa joe is a bad*ss
rusev is completely wasted
the iconics' voices are beyond grating

Wed April 10, 2019 1:09 am

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:random thoughts

i hate jerry lawler
samoa joe is a bad*ss

Jerry Lawler has had some awful years on commentary, but early 90s Lawler is amazing. I love hearing him shit on Stu Hart.

Wed April 10, 2019 1:14 am

JuanHamm wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:random thoughts

i hate jerry lawler
samoa joe is a bad*ss

Jerry Lawler has had some awful years on commentary, but early 90s Lawler is amazing. I love hearing him shit on Stu Hart.

i only have limited experience with that time period

Wed April 10, 2019 2:12 am

Anders wrote:I know this is not a wrestling forum, but Wrestlemania was on Sunday, and yet there's only two posts about the event.

It was waaaaaay too long. Load the pre-show up if you like. WrestleMania should not go beyond 3 hours.

Wed April 10, 2019 12:23 pm

Not a bad idea. If they are going to have as many matches as they have, they should probably do one hour more of the pre-show, and one more of Mania. That way the hardcore fans get to see and follow everything, people in the crowd are happy, and anyone that want to see only the big show, can do so in 3-4 hours.

Tue April 16, 2019 1:13 am

I'm watching some 94 WCW. God, Hogan is such a plague. WCW would have been so much better without him.

Wed April 17, 2019 12:21 am

kevin owens has now joined new day...forever

Tue April 23, 2019 1:11 am

does anybody care about baron corbin?

Tue April 23, 2019 6:17 am

No.

Wed April 24, 2019 11:30 pm

what do you guys think on his take?

Wed April 24, 2019 11:35 pm

that's been my problem for ages. This fake MMA crap is boring.

Wed April 24, 2019 11:40 pm

BurtReynolds wrote:that's been my problem for ages. This fake MMA crap is boring.

did you see bray's new gimmick?

Wed April 24, 2019 11:52 pm

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:that's been my problem for ages. This fake MMA crap is boring.

i saw a clip. Might work. Might not.

Thu April 25, 2019 12:05 am

BurtReynolds wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:

i saw a clip. Might work. Might not.

pretty much...i really enjoyed the bit, but i'm not sure what to expect as it continues
Post a reply