The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4095 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 201, 202, 203, 204, 205  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Official WWE/Pro Wrestling thread
PostPosted: Mon April 08, 2019 1:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:44 pm
Posts: 8554
Location: Franklin, MA
I thought it was a great show, best Mania in over a decade. Loved pretty much everything they did, right decisions made almost everywhere. The finish to the main event was kind of weird, but they made the right call with who won and I feel like getting worked up about it is looking for things to bitch about. Kofi-Bryan was the best match of the night, with Miz-Shane a close second.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official WWE/Pro Wrestling thread
PostPosted: Mon April 08, 2019 6:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 8025
Location: Oslo, Norway
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Anders wrote:
Never looked less forward to a Wrestlemania, but I will spend several hours tomorrow evening watching it.

what will you eat?

who's your current favorite wwe wrestler?

shawn michaels or bret hart?


Ate most of a burrito box. Burrito without a tortilla. Drank a Pepsi Max and ate some M&Ms.

Daniel Bryan

Shawn Michaels


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official WWE/Pro Wrestling thread
PostPosted: Mon April 08, 2019 6:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 8025
Location: Oslo, Norway
numbers wrote:
I thought it was a great show, best Mania in over a decade. Loved pretty much everything they did, right decisions made almost everywhere. The finish to the main event was kind of weird, but they made the right call with who won and I feel like getting worked up about it is looking for things to bitch about. Kofi-Bryan was the best match of the night, with Miz-Shane a close second.


It was a better show than I had thought, but not the best in a decade.

Great
1. Kofi vs Bryan
2. Triple H vs Batista

Entertaining
3. Miz vs Shane
4. Styles vs Orton
5. Main Event
6. Ryder/Hawkins vs The Revival

Decent
7. Usos
8. Rollins vs Lesnar
9. The Iiconics

The rest was meh (Joe, Balor, Angle, Reigns, Nese, battle royals)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official WWE/Pro Wrestling thread
PostPosted: Mon April 08, 2019 10:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 60833
Anders wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Anders wrote:
Never looked less forward to a Wrestlemania, but I will spend several hours tomorrow evening watching it.

what will you eat?

who's your current favorite wwe wrestler?

shawn michaels or bret hart?


Ate most of a burrito box. Burrito without a tortilla. Drank a Pepsi Max and ate some M&Ms.

Daniel Bryan

Shawn Michaels

ugh

_________________
VinylGuy wrote:
This is the definitive battle rap movie ever.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official WWE/Pro Wrestling thread
PostPosted: Mon April 08, 2019 11:03 pm 
Offline
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 6:10 pm
Posts: 1574
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Anders wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Anders wrote:
Never looked less forward to a Wrestlemania, but I will spend several hours tomorrow evening watching it.

what will you eat?

who's your current favorite wwe wrestler?

shawn michaels or bret hart?


Ate most of a burrito box. Burrito without a tortilla. Drank a Pepsi Max and ate some M&Ms.

Daniel Bryan

Shawn Michaels

ugh


I'm so disappointed in Anders right now.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official WWE/Pro Wrestling thread
PostPosted: Mon April 08, 2019 11:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 60833
JuanHamm wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Anders wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Anders wrote:
Never looked less forward to a Wrestlemania, but I will spend several hours tomorrow evening watching it.

what will you eat?

who's your current favorite wwe wrestler?

shawn michaels or bret hart?


Ate most of a burrito box. Burrito without a tortilla. Drank a Pepsi Max and ate some M&Ms.

Daniel Bryan

Shawn Michaels

ugh


I'm so disappointed in Anders right now.

i have nothing against him, and maybe i haven't seen enough, but i don't get the daniel bryan love

_________________
VinylGuy wrote:
This is the definitive battle rap movie ever.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official WWE/Pro Wrestling thread
PostPosted: Mon April 08, 2019 11:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 36387
Location: Donkeys live a long time.
Braun should be a megastar if the McMahons weren't fucking idiots.

but Anders is right about Michaels, of course.

_________________
“The world is going insane!” they shout at an unhearing screen.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official WWE/Pro Wrestling thread
PostPosted: Mon April 08, 2019 11:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 60833
Image

_________________
VinylGuy wrote:
This is the definitive battle rap movie ever.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official WWE/Pro Wrestling thread
PostPosted: Mon April 08, 2019 11:34 pm 
Offline
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 6:10 pm
Posts: 1574
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
JuanHamm wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Anders wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Anders wrote:
Never looked less forward to a Wrestlemania, but I will spend several hours tomorrow evening watching it.

what will you eat?

who's your current favorite wwe wrestler?

shawn michaels or bret hart?


Ate most of a burrito box. Burrito without a tortilla. Drank a Pepsi Max and ate some M&Ms.

Daniel Bryan

Shawn Michaels

ugh


I'm so disappointed in Anders right now.

i have nothing against him, and maybe i haven't seen enough, but i don't get the daniel bryan love


I really like Bryan, but a lot of that is because of his old Roh stuff. He did a lot of mat wrestling and heavy strikes, which is my favorite style.

It's also kinda crazy when you watch someone go from wrestling in front of a couple of hundred people to headlining wrestlemania.

Picking Shawn Michaels over Bret Hart is indefensible, though.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official WWE/Pro Wrestling thread
PostPosted: Mon April 08, 2019 11:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 60833
is bryan better on the mic as a heel?

_________________
VinylGuy wrote:
This is the definitive battle rap movie ever.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official WWE/Pro Wrestling thread
PostPosted: Mon April 08, 2019 11:37 pm 
Offline
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 6:10 pm
Posts: 1574
Yes, but you could say that about pretty much everyone.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official WWE/Pro Wrestling thread
PostPosted: Mon April 08, 2019 11:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 60833
JuanHamm wrote:
Yes, but you could say that about pretty much everyone.

i dunno...i've seen plenty that are equally effective for the most part at both

i've seen him more as a face and he just had this goofy grin on his face and gave an average promo

_________________
VinylGuy wrote:
This is the definitive battle rap movie ever.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official WWE/Pro Wrestling thread
PostPosted: Tue April 09, 2019 12:17 am 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:44 pm
Posts: 8554
Location: Franklin, MA
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
is bryan better on the mic as a heel?


He is much better on the mic as a heel. He is the best talker on Smackdown right now.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official WWE/Pro Wrestling thread
PostPosted: Tue April 09, 2019 12:42 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 60833
which rmer would be the best on the mic?

_________________
VinylGuy wrote:
This is the definitive battle rap movie ever.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official WWE/Pro Wrestling thread
PostPosted: Tue April 09, 2019 5:33 am 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 8025
Location: Oslo, Norway
Bret is way too negative. He was a good tag team wrestler, and then a great singles wrestler for a few years. I would cheer for him against Michaels back then, and also defend him as being better. But this was in the early to mid 90s. Since then Shawn has had a remarkable career, and Bret has done nothing but whine. Even near the end, Undertaker vs Shawn on Wrestlemania 25 changed the business.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official WWE/Pro Wrestling thread
PostPosted: Tue April 09, 2019 5:37 am 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 8025
Location: Oslo, Norway
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
JuanHamm wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Anders wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Anders wrote:
Never looked less forward to a Wrestlemania, but I will spend several hours tomorrow evening watching it.

what will you eat?

who's your current favorite wwe wrestler?

shawn michaels or bret hart?


Ate most of a burrito box. Burrito without a tortilla. Drank a Pepsi Max and ate some M&Ms.

Daniel Bryan

Shawn Michaels

ugh


I'm so disappointed in Anders right now.

i have nothing against him, and maybe i haven't seen enough, but i don't get the daniel bryan love


Daniel Bryan was an easier choice than Hart vs Michaels. From the current roster, he’s had one of the best independent wrestler careers, been the best people’s champion in WWE, and is currently the best heel. He’s even had the funniest gig when he and Kane were partners. Besides, he is probably a top three in ring competitor.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official WWE/Pro Wrestling thread
PostPosted: Tue April 09, 2019 5:43 am 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 8025
Location: Oslo, Norway
BurtReynolds wrote:
Braun should be a megastar if the McMahons weren't fucking idiots.


He’s been a very positive surprise. There is still a lot of untapped potential there.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official WWE/Pro Wrestling thread
PostPosted: Tue April 09, 2019 7:51 am 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 8025
Location: Oslo, Norway
I know this is not a wrestling forum, but Wrestlemania was on Sunday, and yet there's only two posts about the event.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official WWE/Pro Wrestling thread
PostPosted: Tue April 09, 2019 12:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:44 pm
Posts: 8554
Location: Franklin, MA
Anders wrote:
Bret is way too negative. He was a good tag team wrestler, and then a great singles wrestler for a few years. I would cheer for him against Michaels back then, and also defend him as being better. But this was in the early to mid 90s. Since then Shawn has had a remarkable career, and Bret has done nothing but whine. Even near the end, Undertaker vs Shawn on Wrestlemania 25 changed the business.


I basically agree with you, but in Bret’s defense they did kill his brother.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official WWE/Pro Wrestling thread
PostPosted: Tue April 09, 2019 12:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:44 pm
Posts: 8554
Location: Franklin, MA
I watched NXT, MLW, ROH/NJPW and Mania and Riddle-Dream was the best match of the weekend.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4095 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 201, 202, 203, 204, 205  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Wed April 24, 2019 2:54 am