Switch to full style
Discuss your hatred for the Yankees here.
Post a reply

Re: Official WWE/Pro Wrestling thread

Sat January 27, 2018 2:15 pm

Predictions for the weekend:

NXT
NXT Title: Cien
Black/Cole: Cole
Moon/Shayna: Shayna
Undisputed/AOP: Undisputed
Ohno/Dream: Dream

Royal Rumble
Men’s Rumble: Reigns
Universal Title: Brock
WWE Title: AJ
Raw Tag: The Bar
SD Tag: Gable & Shelton
Women’s Rumble: Ronda Fucking Rousey

Mon January 29, 2018 4:21 am

numbers wrote:Predictions for the weekend:

NXT
NXT Title: Cien
Black/Cole: Cole
Moon/Shayna: Shayna
Undisputed/AOP: Undisputed
Ohno/Dream: Dream

Royal Rumble
Men’s Rumble: Reigns
Universal Title: Brock
WWE Title: AJ
Raw Tag: The Bar
SD Tag: Gable & Shelton
Women’s Rumble: Ronda Fucking Rousey

Super fun rumbles!

Mon January 29, 2018 5:42 am

I enjoyed it. Thought putting the women last would be a mistake, but I think I enjoyed it more than the men's. Some people were complaining about the old timers, but I love that stuff, and it was the first one. They can always do more NXT ones next year.

Mon January 29, 2018 7:02 pm

That was a really positive surprise. I just had a blast for the past three hours.

Mon January 29, 2018 7:21 pm

For the first time in I can’t remember, the Rumble was enjoyable to watch.

Tue January 30, 2018 12:41 am

So I hate to nitpick because it was a great show and I personally thought the Ronda thing was a good way to do it, buuuutttt.....

How the fuck do you not have the entrance ramp shot on once Ronda’s music hit? Reminds me of when they totally botched AJ’s debut in the Rumble.

Tue January 30, 2018 12:43 am

Also, the Gargano/Cien Match from the NXT show was really, really good. Go out of your way to see it if you can.

Tue January 30, 2018 12:48 am

why bring Dolph out at #30 only to bury him?

Tue January 30, 2018 12:54 am

Yea, don’t understand why he was in that match if he wasn’t going to be put over in it.

Tue January 30, 2018 1:03 am

why not have heath slater never make to the ring until all 30 guys appeared because each person coming down would fuck with him and then let him play cleaner?

Tue January 30, 2018 1:05 am

Mecca wrote:why not have heath slater never make to the ring until all 30 guys appeared because each person coming down would fuck with him and then let him play cleaner?

I LOVED that running gag. You’re just mad he eliminated Sheamus.

Tue January 30, 2018 1:14 am

numbers wrote:
Mecca wrote:why not have heath slater never make to the ring until all 30 guys appeared because each person coming down would fuck with him and then let him play cleaner?

I LOVED that running gag. You’re just mad he eliminated Sheamus.

oh brother, you know nothing about my disdain for Sheamus pre-Bar.

Tue January 30, 2018 1:16 am

this picture of me (when i was fatter) notwithstanding Image

Tue January 30, 2018 3:11 pm

numbers wrote:Also, the Gargano/Cien Match from the NXT show was really, really good. Go out of your way to see it if you can.

That match was soooo good. I was happy Almas got a chance to shine in the Rumble too.

Both Rumble matches were surprisingly good. I'd lost all faith in WWE to not really screw things up.

The callbacks in the women's match were fun: Pinup Strong, Mickie & Trish, and the showdown between Ember and Asuka was fantastic. I'm happy they got those retired women in the match (but did we really need a Kelly Kelly appearance?), they deserved this moment after all the shit they had to put up with. Molly in particular.

Tue January 30, 2018 10:50 pm

My only gripe with the women’s one was the focus put on Michelle McCool. Nobody cares about her and she is an entirely forgettable character, banging the Undertaker should not be the reason someone gets spotlighted in a match like that. Molly Holly would have been better in that spot.

Also, I feel like most of the great stuff from the Rumble was undone last night by yet another shitty, poorly planned Raw.

Tue January 30, 2018 11:03 pm

I though Michelle was the best female wrestler and entertainer around for years. A living legend. Even slightly unappreciated compared to top male wrestlers.

The worst segment was easily the Rousey one. So poor. Raw was poor yes.

Wed January 31, 2018 12:10 am

Anders wrote:I though Michelle was the best female wrestler and entertainer around for years. A living legend. Even slightly unappreciated compared to top male wrestlers.

The Rousey segment at the Rumble? Or the recap thing they did last night?

Wed January 31, 2018 3:14 pm

Anders wrote:I though Michelle was the best female wrestler and entertainer around for years. A living legend. Even slightly unappreciated compared to top male wrestlers.

I always thought Layla was the better half of LayCool.

Wed January 31, 2018 3:54 pm

numbers wrote:

The Rousey segment at the Rumble? Or the recap thing they did last night?

The segment at the Rumble. With Ahsuka not picking who to face like Nakamura did.

Wed January 31, 2018 3:54 pm

Joesanity wrote:

I always thought Layla was the better half of LayCool.

Layla was cool.
Post a reply