Switch to full style
Discuss your hatred for the Yankees here.
Post a reply

Re: Official WWE/Pro Wrestling thread

Mon December 18, 2017 4:41 pm

numbers wrote:US Title: Ziggler

unlike you, i did not see that one coming.

Mon December 18, 2017 4:55 pm

That was a pretty decent Smackdown ppv. I fast forwarded a little bit, but got a good hour and a half of entertainment after work today.

Mon December 18, 2017 5:50 pm

It wasn’t bad, no really great matches but nothing shitty either.

Tue December 19, 2017 5:57 pm

I HATED that women’s Royal Rumble announcement segment. I don’t have a problem with them doing a women’s Rumble(well, I have doubts about whether they can pull it off) but the segment was horrid. First, it seemed like the priority was getting Stephanie(who doesn’t wrestle) over as a trailblazer for women. She talks like it was some other company that held women back and she is now fixing it. The worst part though, was the entire women’s division breaking character at once to celebrate. They should have started fighting!

Tue December 19, 2017 6:37 pm

numbers wrote:I HATED that women’s Royal Rumble announcement segment. I don’t have a problem with them doing a women’s Rumble(well, I have doubts about whether they can pull it off) but the segment was horrid. First, it seemed like the priority was getting Stephanie(who doesn’t wrestle) over as a trailblazer for women. She talks like it was some other company that held women back and she is now fixing it. The worst part though, was the entire women’s division breaking character at once to celebrate. They should have started fighting!

The "Stephanie as crusader for women's wrestling" idea they keep trotting out there is ridiculous.

Wed December 20, 2017 12:39 am

stephanie is the worst.

Tue January 23, 2018 1:54 am

Tue January 23, 2018 4:49 pm

I felt like they really dropped the ball with this show.

Wed January 24, 2018 2:12 am

numbers wrote:I felt like they really dropped the ball with this show.

just watched this with my stepson...thank god for DVR, even if it did stop right before the Lesnar/Braun/Kane segment

glad to see they Ascension'd the Revival...so what NXT tag team will be the next to be taken out by a bunch of old retired guys?

Wed January 24, 2018 1:00 pm

MattA75 wrote:

just watched this with my stepson...thank god for DVR, even if it did stop right before the Lesnar/Braun/Kane segment

glad to see they Ascension'd the Revival...so what NXT tag team will be the next to be taken out by a bunch of old retired guys?

So, I guess that the Revival's spot was supposed to be Enzo getting buried by those guys but Enzo got shitcanned before the show.

Thu January 25, 2018 1:24 am

numbers wrote:
MattA75 wrote:

So, I guess that the Revival's spot was supposed to be Enzo getting buried by those guys but Enzo got shitcanned before the show.

where'd you read this? there were rumors the Revival were going to get Ascension'd late last week

Thu January 25, 2018 1:39 am

Bryan Alvarez said it on his show.

Thu January 25, 2018 1:41 am

The Revival getting buried would be a sin, they are literally the best Tag Team in all of wrestling today.

Thu January 25, 2018 12:32 pm

numbers wrote:The Revival getting buried would be a sin, they are literally the best Tag Team in all of wrestling today.

they're already dead and buried...they essentially got squashed in about 3 minutes to the Club before the DX final squashing

Fri January 26, 2018 12:36 am

It’s still salvageable, New Day we’re almost in that exact spot at Mania a few years ago.

Fri January 26, 2018 1:02 am

I think most of that show will be considered non-canon.
Last edited by BurtReynolds on Fri January 26, 2018 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri January 26, 2018 2:55 am

numbers wrote:It’s still salvageable, New Day we’re almost in that exact spot at Mania a few years ago.

I just don't see those two guys getting the push needed to salvage it...there's no way the casual fans give a shit about them...they probably need to be sent to Smackdown to have any chance of saving it

Fri January 26, 2018 1:56 pm

MattA75 wrote:
numbers wrote:It’s still salvageable, New Day we’re almost in that exact spot at Mania a few years ago.

I just don't see those two guys getting the push needed to salvage it...there's no way the casual fans give a shit about them...they probably need to be sent to Smackdown to have any chance of saving it

It was always going to be a struggle for them on the main roster, Vince has almost never pushed a classic old school tag team like them.

Fri January 26, 2018 4:52 pm

Why is McMahon resurrecting the XFL?

Fri January 26, 2018 11:43 pm

numbers wrote:
MattA75 wrote:

It was always going to be a struggle for them on the main roster, Vince has almost never pushed a classic old school tag team like them.

it doesn't help that they look like midgets
Post a reply