The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3639 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Official WWE/Pro Wrestling thread
PostPosted: Thu August 17, 2017 1:14 am 
Offline
User avatar
Gym Leader
 Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 7:17 pm
Posts: 11262
OmegaprimeVKM wrote:
Summerslam predictions:

- Ambrose to turn heel
- Brock dropping the title to Strawman
- Bray Wyatt to be a fat bastard who can't wrestle and job for the umpteenth time
- Big show to accidentally eat Enzo

former wrestlers love Bray Wyatt. He can wrestle. I agree that his booking isn't great by any means


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official WWE/Pro Wrestling thread
PostPosted: Thu August 17, 2017 2:30 am 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:44 pm
Posts: 7844
Location: Franklin, MA
Mecca wrote:
numbers wrote:
Well I don't see the harm in advertising it, we all knew it was happening. Its better to have a storyline reason for him to do it rather than it just happening.

but saying its going to happen kinda shits on the storytelling aspect of the show. I don't know why you're fighting me on this. It makes sense in the story, but advertising that he's going to put on his makeup totally takes away from the story of Finn having a demon inside him that can get awakened at certain times


But if he just "awakens" at every big PPV without explanation it just becomes Finn Balor paints up for PPVs. If they actually do an angle that gives him a reason to turn to The Demon I think it's better. TBH I'm just really happy they've resisted the urge to put him in the paint all the time.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official WWE/Pro Wrestling thread
PostPosted: Thu August 17, 2017 4:45 am 
Offline
User avatar
Gym Leader
 Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 7:17 pm
Posts: 11262
numbers wrote:
Mecca wrote:
numbers wrote:
Well I don't see the harm in advertising it, we all knew it was happening. Its better to have a storyline reason for him to do it rather than it just happening.

but saying its going to happen kinda shits on the storytelling aspect of the show. I don't know why you're fighting me on this. It makes sense in the story, but advertising that he's going to put on his makeup totally takes away from the story of Finn having a demon inside him that can get awakened at certain times


But if he just "awakens" at every big PPV without explanation it just becomes Finn Balor paints up for PPVs. If they actually do an angle that gives him a reason to turn to The Demon I think it's better. TBH I'm just really happy they've resisted the urge to put him in the paint all the time.

I don't think you're understanding my problem with it. They literally had michael cole say that the demon king is showing up at summer slam complete with a screen graphic. That's how we know he is painting up. That's embarrassing. Bray covering him in "blood" is enough to draw from as a reason for the demon being brought out.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official WWE/Pro Wrestling thread
PostPosted: Thu August 17, 2017 11:39 am 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Tue February 05, 2013 9:53 am
Posts: 264
Mecca wrote:
numbers wrote:
Mecca wrote:
numbers wrote:
Well I don't see the harm in advertising it, we all knew it was happening. Its better to have a storyline reason for him to do it rather than it just happening.

but saying its going to happen kinda shits on the storytelling aspect of the show. I don't know why you're fighting me on this. It makes sense in the story, but advertising that he's going to put on his makeup totally takes away from the story of Finn having a demon inside him that can get awakened at certain times


But if he just "awakens" at every big PPV without explanation it just becomes Finn Balor paints up for PPVs. If they actually do an angle that gives him a reason to turn to The Demon I think it's better. TBH I'm just really happy they've resisted the urge to put him in the paint all the time.

I don't think you're understanding my problem with it. They literally had michael cole say that the demon king is showing up at summer slam complete with a screen graphic. That's how we know he is painting up. That's embarrassing. Bray covering him in "blood" is enough to draw from as a reason for the demon being brought out.


I agree, it was retarded. The backstage bit where Finn says he has his demons too was fine. The crowd popped and it made us all immediately think the demon was showing up on Sunday. But, WWE being WWE just totally killed the buzz by officially announcing 20 mins later that the demon will be there on Sunday.

If they'd just left it at the backstage bit, it was perfect. Morons.

Also, I want Brock to keep the gold until Mania and drop it to Braun on the big stage. Keep Dean and Seth together for a few months and then slowly bring Roman back into the fold and have a full Shield reunion on the road to Mania. Roman doesn't need to be in the main event for the belt, it's Braun's turn.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official WWE/Pro Wrestling thread
PostPosted: Thu August 17, 2017 4:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:44 pm
Posts: 7844
Location: Franklin, MA
I'm pretty confident this Shield reunion is being done to try and get Roman over before he faces Brock at Mania. Hopefully things change.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official WWE/Pro Wrestling thread
PostPosted: Thu August 17, 2017 8:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:44 pm
Posts: 7844
Location: Franklin, MA
I just don't think it's a big deal that they are advertising The Demon, they're trying to get it over. It's far from the most egregious booking decision even on this PPV.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official WWE/Pro Wrestling thread
PostPosted: Thu August 17, 2017 9:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:42 am
Posts: 1465
Location: Minneapolis
southpaw returns tomorrow


_________________
ah, copperplate, a font for the truly modern man.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official WWE/Pro Wrestling thread
PostPosted: Sat August 19, 2017 5:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:44 pm
Posts: 7844
Location: Franklin, MA
Predictions for tonight:

Roode/McIntyre: McIntyre
Asuka/Moon: Moon
AOP/Sanity: AOP
Black/Itami: Itami
Gargano/Almas: Almas


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official WWE/Pro Wrestling thread
PostPosted: Sun August 20, 2017 2:43 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:42 am
Posts: 1465
Location: Minneapolis
that was a great show.

_________________
ah, copperplate, a font for the truly modern man.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official WWE/Pro Wrestling thread
PostPosted: Sun August 20, 2017 12:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:44 pm
Posts: 7844
Location: Franklin, MA
Probably the best NXT show ever, I think the one where Zayn won the title is the only other one that compares.

Predictions for tonight:
Hardys&Jordan/Miztourage: Miztourage
Tozawa/Neville: Neville
New Day/Usos: New Day
Naomi/Nattie: Naomi
Alexa/Sasha: Alexa
Orton/Rusev: Rusev
Balor/Wyatt: Balor
Corbin/Cena: Cena
Sheamus&Cesaro/Ambrose&Rollins: Ambrose&Rollins
Cass/Show: Cass
Owens/Styles: Styles
Jinder/Nakamura: Jinder
Fatal 4 Way: Brock


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official WWE/Pro Wrestling thread
PostPosted: Mon August 21, 2017 10:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:44 pm
Posts: 7844
Location: Franklin, MA
So I liked Summerslam. It wasn't nearly as good as the NXT show and had some low points for sure, but the main event was bad ass and overall I thought it was a good show.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official WWE/Pro Wrestling thread
PostPosted: Tue August 29, 2017 6:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:42 am
Posts: 1465
Location: Minneapolis
that cena/reigns segment was supposed to be hot but it was just hot garbage. what a dissapointment.

_________________
ah, copperplate, a font for the truly modern man.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official WWE/Pro Wrestling thread
PostPosted: Tue August 29, 2017 7:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:44 pm
Posts: 7844
Location: Franklin, MA
AndySlash wrote:
that cena/reigns segment was supposed to be hot but it was just hot garbage. what a dissapointment.


Really? I thought it was awesome.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official WWE/Pro Wrestling thread
PostPosted: Tue August 29, 2017 8:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 3294
Location: Oslo, Norway
numbers wrote:
AndySlash wrote:
that cena/reigns segment was supposed to be hot but it was just hot garbage. what a dissapointment.


Really? I thought it was awesome.


It was great. Best Raw in a while.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official WWE/Pro Wrestling thread
PostPosted: Tue August 29, 2017 9:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 38747
i missed recording the first ten minutes and all i've seen so far was the battle royal

_________________
Dev wrote:
just cuz im clinically depressed doesn't mean im not a total gangster.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official WWE/Pro Wrestling thread
PostPosted: Tue August 29, 2017 9:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:42 am
Posts: 1465
Location: Minneapolis
numbers wrote:
AndySlash wrote:
that cena/reigns segment was supposed to be hot but it was just hot garbage. what a dissapointment.


Really? I thought it was awesome.


it should have been awesome. it wasn't. insider shit can work but it was way too forced here and very clearly spelled out as opposed to feeling spontaneous/anything can happen/'true' feelings coming out. roman looked a fool and cena didn't make any of it better when he could and should have. and you can say he tried, calling out roman on stalling and whatnot, but roman isn't the rock, and he needed to do more than just call him out on it, like giving him something else to work with, to help roman lift the segment instead of standing there looking like a chump. i mean, that's on roman, too, obviously, but cena kind of sandbagged him there. the crowd generally sucked for this, too.

i wanted to like it, i really did. but i was just disappointed. it wasn't bad by any stretch, but it was a let down given who was in there. they got time yet, though, so that's good. plus, seeds for cena/taker were planted, should that be a remote possibility.

_________________
ah, copperplate, a font for the truly modern man.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official WWE/Pro Wrestling thread
PostPosted: Wed August 30, 2017 12:13 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 38747
and that just randomly leads to a gallows/anderson match with them? weird

_________________
Dev wrote:
just cuz im clinically depressed doesn't mean im not a total gangster.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official WWE/Pro Wrestling thread
PostPosted: Wed August 30, 2017 2:11 am 
Offline
User avatar
Gym Leader
 Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 7:17 pm
Posts: 11262
Anders wrote:
numbers wrote:
AndySlash wrote:
that cena/reigns segment was supposed to be hot but it was just hot garbage. what a dissapointment.


Really? I thought it was awesome.


It was great. Best Raw in a while.

i thought that segment was pretty good. best part of raw imo


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official WWE/Pro Wrestling thread
PostPosted: Wed August 30, 2017 4:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:44 pm
Posts: 7844
Location: Franklin, MA
AndySlash wrote:
numbers wrote:
AndySlash wrote:
that cena/reigns segment was supposed to be hot but it was just hot garbage. what a dissapointment.


Really? I thought it was awesome.


it should have been awesome. it wasn't. insider shit can work but it was way too forced here and very clearly spelled out as opposed to feeling spontaneous/anything can happen/'true' feelings coming out. roman looked a fool and cena didn't make any of it better when he could and should have. and you can say he tried, calling out roman on stalling and whatnot, but roman isn't the rock, and he needed to do more than just call him out on it, like giving him something else to work with, to help roman lift the segment instead of standing there looking like a chump. i mean, that's on roman, too, obviously, but cena kind of sandbagged him there. the crowd generally sucked for this, too.

i wanted to like it, i really did. but i was just disappointed. it wasn't bad by any stretch, but it was a let down given who was in there. they got time yet, though, so that's good. plus, seeds for cena/taker were planted, should that be a remote possibility.


You make some good points. I feel like people ripping on Cena for making Reigns look bad are off though. Reigns is supposed to be the top guy, he needs to be able to hang in a segment like that and I felt like Cena's job there was to really go hard at him and see how Reigns does. To me it's not Cena's fault that Reigns cant hang.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official WWE/Pro Wrestling thread
PostPosted: Wed August 30, 2017 4:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 3294
Location: Oslo, Norway
numbers wrote:
AndySlash wrote:
numbers wrote:
AndySlash wrote:
that cena/reigns segment was supposed to be hot but it was just hot garbage. what a dissapointment.


Really? I thought it was awesome.


it should have been awesome. it wasn't. insider shit can work but it was way too forced here and very clearly spelled out as opposed to feeling spontaneous/anything can happen/'true' feelings coming out. roman looked a fool and cena didn't make any of it better when he could and should have. and you can say he tried, calling out roman on stalling and whatnot, but roman isn't the rock, and he needed to do more than just call him out on it, like giving him something else to work with, to help roman lift the segment instead of standing there looking like a chump. i mean, that's on roman, too, obviously, but cena kind of sandbagged him there. the crowd generally sucked for this, too.

i wanted to like it, i really did. but i was just disappointed. it wasn't bad by any stretch, but it was a let down given who was in there. they got time yet, though, so that's good. plus, seeds for cena/taker were planted, should that be a remote possibility.


You make some good points. I feel like people ripping on Cena for making Reigns look bad are off though. Reigns is supposed to be the top guy, he needs to be able to hang in a segment like that and I felt like Cena's job there was to really go hard at him and see how Reigns does. To me it's not Cena's fault that Reigns cant hang.


I agree. Cena clearly had the better promo, and it felt sort of organic. Reigns had a lot more trouble staying loose and using the crowd. No surprise there.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3639 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Teeeeeekay and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Tue December 12, 2017 4:34 am