The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5878 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 294  Next
 Post subject: Re: Official WWE/Pro Wrestling thread
PostPosted: Fri February 22, 2013 2:52 am 
Mind Your Tanners

verb_to_trust wrote:
They both would seem to cause minimal pain though.....despite the looks of pain and anguish in the opponents. I don't get it, this stuff is real, right?

You bet your ass its real

The dream did look like a decent kinda choke out, but the slow ass application of it made it look weak, if he locked it in outta nowhere then it would have been better. And for the torture rack, as dumb kids, we always tried out different submission moves, and i was put in the rack before, and like most of them, it can hurt bad if the one doing it wants it to :lol:

PostPosted: Fri February 22, 2013 1:13 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

PostPosted: Fri February 22, 2013 2:18 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

:lol: such a great video

PostPosted: Tue February 26, 2013 4:55 pm 
Future Drummer

i just... wanna thank each and every one of y'all for all you've done to your bodies

this'll never eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeever get old.

PostPosted: Wed February 27, 2013 6:50 pm 
Banned from the Pit

I loved Cena v Punk on Raw. That was a MOTY candidate, no doubt. It's not often that they put on PPV length and quality matches on free TV like that. Pretty impressive that the two of these guys, who've wrestled countless matches, could come up with new stuff like they did and make it that compelling. The pre-match promo by Punk sets up him against Taker at WM pretty well, too.

PostPosted: Wed February 27, 2013 8:02 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

rich wrote:
I loved Cena v Punk on Raw. That was a MOTY candidate, no doubt. It's not often that they put on PPV length and quality matches on free TV like that. Pretty impressive that the two of these guys, who've wrestled countless matches, could come up with new stuff like they did and make it that compelling. The pre-match promo by Punk sets up him against Taker at WM pretty well, too.

yep, if it wasnt for the match later in the night with cena, then that would have been the perfect time for the lights to go out, Takers music to hit and they get a bit of a fight happening.

and how about that legit busted open head of Lesner, that was messy

PostPosted: Wed February 27, 2013 8:30 pm 
Banned from the Pit

Yeah, I think Brock forgot to get his hand up when he went into the post, and man what a mess. I'm sure they didn't plan it but it certainly helps sell that feud going into WM. I'm wondering what they're going to do with The Shield? I'm guessing it'll be Ryback, Jericho and Orton against them, with Sheamus starting a feud with Wade Barrett.

The thing that kills me is that we're not going to get Zack Ryder v Dolph Ziggler for the internet championship. They've just buried ZR, which I just don't understand. The crowd loves him, but they just can't figure out how to use him. Who knows, maybe they can still make it happen. Ziggler doesn't really have a clear cut opponent heading to Mania, and the way he steals the show every time, that would be a great match for the mid-card when things slow down. He is without a doubt my favorite guy to watch right now.

PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2013 6:34 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

RIP Paul Bearer

PostPosted: Tue March 19, 2013 3:28 pm 
Future Drummer

the wrestlemania build has been lacking so far. doesn't help the rock hasn't been on 3 of the past 4 weeks. yesterdays show looked like it was mailed in.

PostPosted: Tue March 19, 2013 3:43 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

AndySlash wrote:
the wrestlemania build has been lacking so far. doesn't help the rock hasn't been on 3 of the past 4 weeks. yesterdays show looked like it was mailed in.

yep, not great, now as much as i dont really wanna see Cena as champ again( im not a huge Cena hater i would just rather see someone new) i do hope he wins it from Rock as Mania like i expect it to happen so at least the champion will be on the show every week, and the New Title Belt that was unveiled what like a month or more ago and has been on TV 2 times since then.
im not fond of Del Rio but i have kinda enjoyed the Swagger/Del Rio build( enjoyed hearing a few USA chants last night) and im sure the match will be terrible, but they are trying to make Ryback/Henry interesting, and now Dolph seems to have something to do at Mania, they should take the tag team titles from Kane and Daniel already, but another non tag team isnt really who i wanna see win them.

i dont see this being a great show, but maybe they will surprise us

PostPosted: Thu March 21, 2013 12:52 am 
A Return To Form
 WWW  Profile

Not a soul bit on my "rebook" a PPV idea but maybe some of you will bite on this. What are your top five Wrestlemanias?

I should say this. I watched 1-14 live. I went to 6 and 18. I haven't seen many since 18. I am out of touch. I still love Wrestlemania. It just isn't the priority that it was for me from 1985-99. I went to Wild Wings with friends to watch the WM where Jericho faced Steamboat and 2 other guys. I have seen the big matches and watched all of the Undertaker stuff. Either way, my list is basically based on 1-14.

5. WMX8- The atmosphere during the Rock vs. Hogan match was unbelievable. Jazz vs. Trish might be the most anti-climatic match in the history of the WWE.
4. WMXIV- Austin vs. Michaels with Tyson is one of the best Main Events in the history of WM. Its amazing to look back on HBK's performance on such a bad back.
3. WM2- I know 2 and 4 won't be this high on many lists but the 2-4 run is my wheelhouse for sports entertainment. I had fun with the multiple venues, loved Mr. T, huge British Bulldogs fan, 100% into Hulkamania
2. WMIV- There are things I would change about the tournament, but they had a tournament for the Championship at WM. That is awesome.
1. WMIII- Easily the greatest day in the history of sports entertainment. Steamboat vs. Savage was the peak of my childhood. I have watched WMIII hundreds of times in my life and can talk along with Gorilla and Jesse like I am watching my favorite movie. I only wish there was a true tag championship match between The Hart Foundation and The British Bulldogs. I guess Dynamite's back couldn't hold up? I didn't need Tito and Davis.

For WMIII here is a match ranking:

1. Steamboat vs. Savage- The greatest match in the history of Wrestling
2. Hogan vs. Andre- 93K packed into the Silverdome for this match with an epic build up. I still get chills thinking about Andre ripping Hogans t-shirt on Piper's Pit
3. Hart Foundation/Davis vs. Bulldogs/Tito- I wish it was for the gold, but Dynamite and the Hitman in the same ring.
4. Piper vs. Adonis- I love that Piper pissed off Hogan by walking to the ring instead of taking the mini-ring.
5. Hillbilly Jim, The Haiti Kid, Little Beaver vs. King Kong Bundy, Little Tokyo, Lord Littlebrook- Bundy went from main event to 3rd up with midgets in 12 months. I think this is the first time I ever seen midgets wrestle.
6. Honky Tonk Man vs. Jake Roberts- These guys both had some serious heat. Alice Cooper was a perfect match with Jake and I can still hear Monsoon screaming, "They Stole IT!"
7. JYD vs. King Harley Race- I remember being excited about this match after the Saturday Night's Main Event a few weeks before but disappointed in how little time they gave it.
8. Billy Jerk Haynes vs. Hercules- Double Count Out at Wrestlemania was a lame finish. Heenan calling Billy Jack Haynes Billy Jerk Haynes will never get old.
9. Can Am Connection vs. Bob Orton and Don Muraco- This was a really good match to get started with. Can Am Connection > Strike Force
10. Killer Bees vs. Volkoff and Sheik- Tough spot to have to go out right before Hogan vs. Andre at the end of a long show. Sheik should have humbled B. Brian Blair
11. The Dream Team vs. Rougeau Brothers- The Dream Team went from Champions at WM2 to breaking up and irrelevant at WMIII.
12. Butch Reed vs. Koko B. Ware- This match makes you ask, was Vince McMahon racist in 1987?

PostPosted: Thu March 21, 2013 2:04 am 
Poster of the Year

Mods, can we get this moved to Arts & Entertainment?

PostPosted: Thu March 21, 2013 2:11 am 
Rank This Poster

move nascar outta sports too while youre at it

PostPosted: Thu March 21, 2013 11:37 am 
Mind Your Tanners

you buncha dicks :lol:

PostPosted: Fri March 22, 2013 11:28 pm 
Future Drummer

Brainof23 wrote:
Not a soul bit on my "rebook" a PPV idea

ain't nobody got time for that.

Quote:
but maybe some of you will bite on this. What are your top five Wrestlemanias?

i'll think about this one. went to 7 and 22, neither of which will make my list i'd think. x7 comes to mind first, and 6 and x8 will probably be in there, too (toronto brings out the best, i guess).

PostPosted: Sun March 24, 2013 12:59 am 
Mind Your Tanners

i got bugs wrote:
move nascar outta sports too while youre at it

and the NBA.

PostPosted: Mon April 08, 2013 9:31 pm 
Future Drummer

decent if unspectacular wrestlemania. none of the matches were bad, but nothing really stood out as great either. punk/taker came closest. favorite image of the night was taker rising from the sea of hands- what a cool visual. lots of great signs out in the crowd tonight, too. "if cena wins we complain online."

breaking news is apparently rock will not be at raw as originally planned. newz sites saying they were to set up rock/brock at wm30 but now have to rewrite the show. not sure if this is a "rock takes his ball and goes home" thing or something else.

PostPosted: Mon April 08, 2013 11:50 pm 
Rank This Poster

yea ok at best.. lets just say im glad i only paid 10 n not 70 for it

possibly rvd tonite on raw, he just signed

PostPosted: Tue April 09, 2013 12:18 am 
Banned from the Pit

I thought it was entertaining, watched it at a Hooters outside of Boston with a packed house. Wouldve been nice to hear commentary better, but a great atmosphere. The place really got into UT/Punk, and i thought that match was awesome. Cena-Rock was good, not great.

Too bad Rock won't be there tonight, I was looking forward to seeing what went down. Can't wait to watch Raw when I get home.

PostPosted: Tue April 09, 2013 12:29 am 
Mind Your Tanners

i got bugs wrote:
yea ok at best.. lets just say im glad i only paid 10 n not 70 for it

possibly rvd tonite on raw, he just signed

Really? I thought he was still x division champ in TNA or something

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5878 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 294  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports