The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5878 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 294  Next
 Post subject: Re: Official WWE/Pro Wrestling thread
PostPosted: Mon January 27, 2014 9:44 pm 
Future Drummer

watched the rumble with some friends. the rumble match itself was pretty good, not great. best compliment i can probably give is the match was without a lot of "filler" minutes that sometimes plague these things. but it wasn't an exciting match, and once rey came out at 30 there was no more drama. i'm glad the crowd shit on both the cena/orton match and the end of the show, and was wild for the opening wyatt/bryan match. keep sending the message- maybe someday they will get that fans don't want to see cena/orton CCCLXXXVIII. why bryan, the guy getting the biggest audience reactions, wasn't near the rumble match at all is completely fubar. dude didn't need to win (or even be in the match officially), but by not having him involved in any way, the wwe reaped what they sowed as it relates to the crowd response and backlash from fans today (including mick foley, who may have written his last words as a wwe "ambassador".). i sincerely hope this is a designed "snub", but the further we've gotten from last summer, when bryan-mania started running wild, the less confident i am that vince & co. are waiting to show us their hand.

PostPosted: Mon January 27, 2014 10:12 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

The Rumble was the first PPV I've bought in probably 10 years, it was definitely an entertaining event. The Wyatt/Bryan match was awesome, but seeing the crowd just shit all over the Rumble match like that was the highlight of the show.

PostPosted: Mon January 27, 2014 10:36 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

The whole show was too predictable. I love the rumble, but this was one of the lesser ppvs in a while. The best in recent years was Money In The Bank 2011. Too seldom you see a ppv like that.

Hovewer the Bryan Vs Wyatt match was great, and saved the show along with the crowd. I also liked the tag team match, parts of the rumble, and while not a great match, Lesnar did some impressive lifting.

PostPosted: Mon January 27, 2014 11:00 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Going on his performance last night, there's no way Batista can get through a half hour one on one match at Wrestlemania without it being an abomination. He was completely gassed after doing like 10 minutes in the rumble and he wasn't even really doing anything.

PostPosted: Mon January 27, 2014 11:07 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

True, but he came back a week ago from a four year break. He has to do better at mania.

PostPosted: Tue January 28, 2014 3:53 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

I never would have imagined that Roman Reigns would be the best guy to emerge from the Shield when they first started (not to take away from the other two who are excellent in their own right).

PostPosted: Tue January 28, 2014 5:00 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

i have quite a few friends that went to this and are pissed people shit all over the last match.

ill be honest, i havent watched wrasslin since the days of bobby backland (sp) larry zbyszko, tony gera and mil mascarass (honorable mentions to Gorilla Monsoon, George teh Animal Steel, Ricky Steamboat, Jesse Ventura, stan stasiak and the polish hammer, ivan putski

PostPosted: Tue January 28, 2014 6:31 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Peeps wrote:
i have quite a few friends that went to this and are pissed people shit all over the last match.

ill be honest, i havent watched wrasslin since the days of bobby backland (sp) larry zbyszko, tony gera and mil mascarass (honorable mentions to Gorilla Monsoon, George teh Animal Steel, Ricky Steamboat, Jesse Ventura, stan stasiak and the polish hammer, ivan putski

so they were mad that the audience shit on just about everything not Daniel Bryan? or they were pissed like most everyone else that Daniel Bryan wasnt in the Rumble match?

PostPosted: Tue January 28, 2014 6:35 pm 
Rank This Poster

Quote:
larry zbyszko

I always hated that guy.

PostPosted: Tue January 28, 2014 6:36 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Not a great Raw this week either, surprising as Raw after big ppvs are usually great. Nevertheless, looking forward to Elimination Chamber and Wrestlemania XXX. Best time of the year for the WWE.

PostPosted: Tue January 28, 2014 7:55 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
Peeps wrote:

so they were mad that the audience shit on just about everything not Daniel Bryan? or they were pissed like most everyone else that Daniel Bryan wasnt in the Rumble match?

pissed the audience booed everything

tommymctom wrote:
Quote:
larry zbyszko

I always hated that guy.

i liked him before he went heel

PostPosted: Tue January 28, 2014 11:38 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
Peeps wrote:

At this point I hope they continue their plans and they have to deal with 75,000 people booing their main event at Wrestlemania.

PostPosted: Wed January 29, 2014 8:52 pm 
Future Drummer

so, cm punk has done a stone cold and taken his ball and gone home. which sucks because he is so good. i haven't watched much wrestling since i moved early last summer, but when i did it did seem fairly obvious to me he wasn't into what he was doing. while i can't agree with just bailing on a contract and leaving, if he was that unhappy then it is proably best for everyone he just be gone.

PostPosted: Wed January 29, 2014 9:30 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

I think he will make a comeback in the not too distant future, but good on him to stick up for his opinions. He's completely right.

PostPosted: Wed January 29, 2014 9:53 pm 
AnalLog

AndySlash wrote:
so, cm punk has done a stone cold and taken his ball and gone home. which sucks because he is so good. i haven't watched much wrestling since i moved early last summer, but when i did it did seem fairly obvious to me he wasn't into what he was doing. while i can't agree with just bailing on a contract and leaving, if he was that unhappy then it is proably best for everyone he just be gone.

his contract was up in July anyway and he's talked for a while about leaving...he's probably made excellent money the last several years (especially after the 2011 negotiation) and he has been very open about not doing it forever so as to save his body for his later years

it sucks, the only good thing is it might throw a huge curveball to the plans for WM

PostPosted: Thu January 30, 2014 5:45 am 
AnalLog

If those idiots were smart up at WWE, and they apparently are not...
theyd have Taker team up with someone at WM and take on, say the Shield, (make it Sting as hes rumored to finally be jumping to WWE) have the partner get pinned... which ends Takers streak. Youd then have 1 year to build up a fued between Taker and Sting (the partner) for 1 last match for both icons at next years WM and they both can retire...

but from the once a month I might flip on WWE, it seems like theyd rather keep rehashing the same fueds and stories over and over and over?

PostPosted: Thu January 30, 2014 12:59 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

MadTIGERmaN wrote:
If those idiots were smart up at WWE, and they apparently are not...
theyd have Taker team up with someone at WM and take on, say the Shield, (make it Sting as hes rumored to finally be jumping to WWE) have the partner get pinned... which ends Takers streak. Youd then have 1 year to build up a fued between Taker and Sting (the partner) for 1 last match for both icons at next years WM and they both can retire...

but from the once a month I might flip on WWE, it seems like theyd rather keep rehashing the same fueds and stories over and over and over?

Bryan should face him at Wrestlemania(if they are still planning on keeping him out of the main event.) A match between Taker and Lesnar would probably be awful as Taker is too old and rusty to deal with the physicality of a match with Lesnar. A match with Bryan would be much more wrestling oriented and alot easier on Taker's body, plus theres a much better chance of Bryan carrying him to a good match than there would be with Lesnar. Brock can have great matches but he cant carry them.

PostPosted: Thu January 30, 2014 12:59 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

With Punk gone WWE is left with one face that the fans dont hate.

PostPosted: Thu January 30, 2014 2:43 pm 
AnalLog

numbers wrote:

Reigns will be turning face, probably at the next PPV

And with that, I actually hope they keep Ambrose and Rollins together as a tag team, because I see the WWE burying them both as singles even though they're better workers than 85% of the rest of the roster

PostPosted: Thu January 30, 2014 7:52 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

MattA75 wrote:
numbers wrote:

Reigns will be turning face, probably at the next PPV

And with that, I actually hope they keep Ambrose and Rollins together as a tag team, because I see the WWE burying them both as singles even though they're better workers than 85% of the rest of the roster

Ambrose is better in the ring and on the mic than Reigns.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5878 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 294  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports