The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5878 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221 ... 294  Next
 Post subject: Re: Official WWE/Pro Wrestling thread
PostPosted: Sat September 05, 2020 12:45 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Vince really does hate tag teams, eh?

plus this whole third party edict?

My guess is he didn’t like seeing someone like Reigns being able to live off Cameo and tell him to fuck off.

PostPosted: Sat September 05, 2020 12:46 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

i like darby, but I don’t think he should win...also, i’d like him to not look like an 8 year old trying to throw punches

Yeah, I’m just guessing based on how people have been presented lately. I would put Darby with Brodie for a while and go for the TNT belt if it were up to me.

PostPosted: Sat September 05, 2020 1:13 pm 
The Master

how do you think the mox/mjf match will play out? clean finish?

PostPosted: Sat September 05, 2020 3:03 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Obviously it depends on who wins, but if Mox wins I see it being a clean finish, but in a way where Max gets huge street cred for toughness. I see Mox as the Foley to MJF’s Rock/Orton here.

PostPosted: Sat September 05, 2020 3:13 pm 
The Master

i don't think a clean loss would bury mjf at all, but i've had this weird gut feeling about Wardlow turning on him

PostPosted: Sat September 05, 2020 3:40 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

One of the best things about AEW is that all the big matches can go either way heading in.

PostPosted: Sun September 06, 2020 11:57 am 
Mind Your Tanners

I thought All Out was good, dragged out, but good. FTR/Page & Omega and Mox/MJF we’re both good matches but both were too long. Shida vs Thunder Rosa was awesome.

PostPosted: Sun September 06, 2020 4:53 pm 
The Master

numbers wrote:
I thought All Out was good, dragged out, but good. FTR/Page & Omega and Mox/MJF we’re both good matches but both were too long. Shida vs Thunder Rosa was awesome.

reading the results it didn't sound like a great show...i'm not sure i understand what happened after the tag title match

PostPosted: Thu September 10, 2020 1:00 am 
The Master

not thrilled with how it was done, but

Spoiler: show
miro!!!

PostPosted: Thu September 10, 2020 12:39 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

miro!!!

Yeah, it wasnt the best way to bring him in, but I have high hopes for him there, the guy is so much better at everything than he was ever given a chance to show in WWE.

PostPosted: Thu September 10, 2020 2:57 pm 
The Master

numbers wrote:

miro!!!

Yeah, it wasnt the best way to bring him in, but I have high hopes for him there, the guy is so much better at everything than he was ever given a chance to show in WWE.

so is the ftw thing supposed to be a legitimate belt now? because if not they will really need another soon with all this talent...and that second show...

PostPosted: Thu September 10, 2020 3:10 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

numbers wrote:

miro!!!

so is the ftw thing supposed to be a legitimate belt now? because if not they will really need another soon with all this talent...and that second show...

I dunno, I kind of like where it is right now. If they add another title it would lessen the TNT title which they have done a great job building prestige for. Maybe 6 Man Tag Titles?

PostPosted: Thu September 10, 2020 5:06 pm 
The Master

numbers wrote:
numbers wrote:

miro!!!

I dunno, I kind of like where it is right now. If they add another title it would lessen the TNT title which they have done a great job building prestige for. Maybe 6 Man Tag Titles?

maybe a title that can be challenged and won at any point? AllDayEveryDay championship?

PostPosted: Thu September 10, 2020 5:15 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

numbers wrote:
numbers wrote:

miro!!!

maybe a title that can be challenged and won at any point? AllDayEveryDay championship?

I wouldnt mind something like what NWA was doing with the TV title right before the shutdown. A belt where if you successfully defend it a certain amount of times, you get a world title shot and the title is vacated.

PostPosted: Thu September 10, 2020 5:17 pm 
The Master

numbers wrote:
numbers wrote:
numbers wrote:

miro!!!

I wouldnt mind something like what NWA was doing with the TV title right before the shutdown. A belt where if you successfully defend it a certain amount of times, you get a world title shot and the title is vacated.

hmm...that is interesting

my thing is i like long reigns/storylines with champions generally...but with everybody AEW has now i'm afraid there won't be enough to go around if that's done

PostPosted: Thu September 10, 2020 5:26 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

numbers wrote:
numbers wrote:
numbers wrote:

miro!!!

my thing is i like long reigns/storylines with champions generally...but with everybody AEW has now i'm afraid there won't be enough to go around if that's done

Yeah, I kind of think AEW has too many wrestlers right now, but other than a few of their womens signings and a couple exceptions, everyone they've hired I've been like "yeah you want to scoop that person up if they are available."

PostPosted: Thu September 10, 2020 10:42 pm 
The Master

numbers wrote:
numbers wrote:
numbers wrote:
numbers wrote:

miro!!!

Yeah, I kind of think AEW has too many wrestlers right now, but other than a few of their womens signings and a couple exceptions, everyone they've hired I've been like "yeah you want to scoop that person up if they are available."

agreed...

they topped a million viewers last night...i know it wasn't head to head with NXT, but up against a NBA playoff game and after a not super great PPV i think that's pretty dang impressive

PostPosted: Fri September 11, 2020 1:36 am 
Mind Your Tanners

They are still less than a year into it, constantly do 800-900k viewers and are now inching back up to where they were the first couple weeks, everything is going pretty great for them all things considered.

They are also closing in on Raw and becoming the highest rated wrestling show in the key demo.

PostPosted: Fri September 11, 2020 1:39 am 
The Master

i can't wait to see the numbers they do when the nwo reforms and debuts

PostPosted: Fri September 11, 2020 1:43 am 
Mind Your Tanners

I’m holding out hope for the four horsemen

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5878 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221 ... 294  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports